*~~Pictures only Oasis 7/17/10~~*

I will definitely keep December 10th in the back of my mind. Maybe some subtle hints to my better half can get it done(can't hurt). We usually sail in February and September each year but we did do a Christmas on Explorer and I think December is a very nice time to cruise.

If I remember correctly you are going with your daughter on that one. Regardless have a wonderful cruise (and I hope some more before then).

The prices for the Dec cruise were very good!

Yes, it will be my daughter and myself...great chance to spend some great one on one time together!

Great job with the pictures, as a collective they give a great visualization of the ship well beyond anything I have been able to see online or through the media. Clearly you were thinking of us when you took them.

Denise, thank you for the great pics!! We are going on the Oasis in October and cannot wait! Your pictures made me realize 3 very important things:

1 - I see this being eerly similar to my European cruise last year...I gained 10lbs in 2 weeks because of all the great food!!!! All that food looks amazing!!!

2 - I need to save more money!!! I knew there were different places to eat but I guess reading it on paper and seeing actual pictures made it a reality. I want to try everything!!!

3 - One week is defintely not enough time to do everything...unless we never sleep during the whole trip lol!

Great job with the pictures, as a collective they give a great visualization of the ship well beyond anything I have been able to see online or through the media. Clearly you were thinking of us when you took them.

The LIVE posts and this thread was for all of you!!:D

Denise, thank you for the great pics!! We are going on the Oasis in October and cannot wait! Your pictures made me realize 3 very important things:

1 - I see this being eerly similar to my European cruise last year...I gained 10lbs in 2 weeks because of all the great food!!!! All that food looks amazing!!!

2 - I need to save more money!!! I knew there were different places to eat but I guess reading it on paper and seeing actual pictures made it a reality. I want to try everything!!!

3 - One week is definitely not enough time to do everything...unless we never sleep during the whole trip lol!

1. I am usually very careful what I eat....I was not on the ship! I would never eat an ice cream sundae and cupcake daily! But I did! Too hard to pass the stuff up!!!:D I did gain 4 lbs.

2. If you can afford to try the specialty restaurants, you should. But if you can't, it won't change your amazing food experience one bit!!

3. I did not in that week get to see every thing I wanted to and do everything I wanted to, and I only slept from 2am to 7 each day...no naps!!:eek:

Hi Denice,

I have been following your adventure since your first post. To echo everyone, you are awesome! I will be on her in 2 weeks (8/14), and needless to say, I am like a kid waiting for Santa.

One question..... RC will usually have shopping deals on board. Were any on this cruise? Also, how were the onboard shops? Any good deals? Did you go to the Coach Store? Let me change this to a few questions.....

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Denice,

I have been following your adventure since your first post. To echo everyone, you are awesome! I will be on her in 2 weeks (8/14), and needless to say, I am like a kid waiting for Santa.

One question..... RC will usually have shopping deals on board. Were any on this cruise? Also, how were the onboard shops? Any good deals? Did you go to the Coach Store? Let me change this to a few questions.....

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to share my adventure!!

I am so jealous and excited for you! What an amazing time awaits you! (And Santa pales in comparison!!!)

There were lots of shops! Some were pricey, and some not so much.

Yes, there were the usual RC deals on T shirts, watches, pocketbooks etc. There was aways some sale happening on the Promenade. You will not be disappointed!

on the screens that show capacity for the restaurants. are ALL of them listed? like the windjammer?

& how crowded was that place? did you ever compare what it said on the screen & what they actually felt like (being crowded?)

on the screens that show capacity for the restaurants. are ALL of them listed? like the windjammer?

& how crowded was that place? did you ever compare what it said on the screen & what they actually felt like (being crowded?)

I honestly don't know if all were listed. I didn't need to use the screen, but took the pictures to share because I did think it was wicked cool!! The capacity level did not affect us, as we also ate our meals at 6pm, and it was low then. It may have listed more...I just stopped with the 2 screens.

As for the Windjammer...it was smaller than I would have thought for the size of the ship, but it made perfect sense because there are sooooo many more choices to eat at! Depends on when you go, as to how crowded it was, and yes it could get that way, but I really didn't think it was a problem. We always found a place to sit, and only went there maybe 5 times..and some of those times it was just to grab a lemonade or a roll or something to take out to the pool.

First, thanks for all the pics and info!!!! My question...... Is the entrance to the Diamond Lounge from the cabin hallway, or "outside"? We are in a D1 just a few doors down according to the deck plans. But I can't tell if you enter from the cabin hallway or outside. Thanks!

First, thanks for all the pics and info!!!! My question...... Is the entrance to the Diamond Lounge from the cabin hallway, or "outside"? We are in a D1 just a few doors down according to the deck plans. But I can't tell if you enter from the cabin hallway or outside. Thanks!

You are welcome!

You can enter from the hallway...it is right off the elevators. Although I did spend most time in the suite lounge on 11, I did LOVE that Diamond lounge balcony looking over the promenade!!

On floor plan, on Deck 6, RCCL refers it as :Diamond Club,,,is that what you were refering to ???We are Diamond Members,,is it possible to see Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 or 12...is that strictly for Diamond Plus and Suite guests????

Of course, we are sadden, we could no longer go to Concierge Lounge. Yes, we have had the pleasure of Concierge Lounge many times,,,and are not happy to have that taken away from us. Se la Vie...Tobyhilda

On floor plan, on Deck 6, RCCL refers it as :Diamond Club,,,is that what you were refering to ???We are Diamond Members,,is it possible to see Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 or 12...is that strictly for Diamond Plus and Suite guests????

Of course, we are sadden, we could no longer go to Concierge Lounge. Yes, we have had the pleasure of Concierge Lounge many times,,,and are not happy to have that taken away from us. Se la Vie...Tobyhilda

Yes, the Diamond lounge is the one on deck 6, and the one I have been referring to. I am not 100% sure, but pretty sure, that only Diamond plus is allowed to use the Suite lounge on deck 11. But you won't miss it. The Diamond lounge is a great place, and that balcony is such a great place to people watch from above!

Denice,

Was the Quest really held in the Opal Theatre on day 4?

How did that work out with so many people??

In the past, it was in studio B or the smaller lounges. Seems like

it would be hard to do in a place that big! Thank you so much

for posting the compass and the pics!!! 19 days and counting!!!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. We moved our Oasis cruise up to April. I can't wait. Friends of ours are on her as we speak.

dzbossi and iuvaca I have family from Peabody. They lived off of Lowell on Larabee Terr. They would have graduated in the late 1970's.

Denice,

Was the Quest really held in the Opal Theatre on day 4?

How did that work out with so many people??

In the past, it was in studio B or the smaller lounges. Seems like

it would be hard to do in a place that big! Thank you so much

for posting the compass and the pics!!! 19 days and counting!!!

The quest was held in studio B (ice rink) as usual.

It worked out fine regarding the number....in fact there were seats that were not filled! It started at 11:45, so may be late for some. I always get there early so I can sit in the front row. I was the "female" head of my section on the Explorer in 2007 when there was just a male and female for each section (had acl reconstruction on my knee 4 months ago so I stayed put this time). On the Oasis, there were 2 men and 2 females, one being a "captain" who did the running. In the past, male and female switched off. So much fun!!!

19 days will fly by!!!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. We moved our Oasis cruise up to April. I can't wait. Friends of ours are on her as we speak.

dzbossi and iuvaca I have family from Peabody. They lived off of Lowell on Larabee Terr. They would have graduated in the late 1970's.

You are very welcome!!

Not sure where Larabee Terr is, but Lowell I know well...in fact I lived off Lowell!!

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to share my adventure!!

I am so jealous and excited for you! What an amazing time awaits you! (And Santa pales in comparison!!!)

There were lots of shops! Some were pricey, and some not so much.

Yes, there were the usual RC deals on T shirts, watches, pocketbooks etc. There was aways some sale happening on the Promenade. You will not be disappointed!

SHOPS! I almost forgot about shops on the boat, My room is behind COACH!!!!! Holy cow am I excited! If you went into this store can you please tell me, do they have a sale at all?? Or can I use my on board credits here?

SHOPS! I almost forgot about shops on the boat, My room is behind COACH!!!!! Holy cow am I excited! If you went into this store can you please tell me, do they have a sale at all?? Or can I use my on board credits here?

I did not go into that store (too dangerous!) and yes, you can use onboard credits anywhere as they are on your sea pass card. The shops I tended to focus on during this cruise was the cupcake shop, ice cream shop, candy shop, and donut shop. I think I feel a theme!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Denice, I absolutely loved your live post and pics!!! We are sailing on the Oasis in 2011. Since I am the "family cruise coordinator", I can't wait to share your posts to the rest of the family!!

Thank you so much!! I hope your family enjoys what I enjoyed sharing!!

Denice thanks for all the wonderfull photo's and comments it has been great to follow you and you are so infectious, just wish we could get in Dec but its a no no, as I said we are on OASIS in Sept for a wk and are taking our Daughter-SIL and 2 youngest Granddaughters for their 1st cruise, I think they may quite enjoy it;).

Thanks again for the reports and photo's

Archived