interior room for 2 couples?

vacation 2011

We have been on many cruises and always have a balcony cabin. I can not imagine sharing a room with another couple. The cabins are not as large as a hotel room, and I would never share a hotel room with another couple either. Please reconsider and book two cabins. 12 days is a long time with this type of living arrangement! I would rather not cruise than to share a cabin with others.

Sorry, but I don't think you will get a yes answer on this question ! My sister shared an inside cabin with her two daughters and said if she ever had to share a tiny space like that with two other people she would just stay home ! She was miserable. Please save money on other things, but please don't put yourself through this misery with three other people. I am assuming you have never been in an inside cabin. Trust us on this answer and get two inside cabins for four people. I prefer an oceanview or balcony to an inside, but sometimes the amount on an inside is just too good to pass up. I can live with an inside if I had to, but NEVER would I try to stick four people in an inside cabin. :eek:

You're going to regret your decision to have 4 adults in a standard inside cabin for 12 nights. Not worth the savings to ruin a friendship. Had 3 adults in an inside cabin for my very first cruise 30 years ago on a 14 days cruise for the same reason. By the end of the cruise I would have been happier sleeping on a deck chair by the pool. Have never done it again nor will I.

Don't do it. My DD and SIL booked inside and shared wtih their small son and his Mother. It's been 4 years and we are still hearing the horror stories of this shared cabin. Your best bet would be to find someway to come up with the money for 2 inside cabins. Here are a few of the glitches they ran into: MIL had to positively, couldn't wait, dinner didn't agree with her stomach get into the bathroom. My daughter had to get out of the shower with a head full of shampoo. Bunk beds for DD and SIL and no privcy while dressing. My SIL and Grandson are still scarred for life from a bathroom door (not properly latched) swinging open during a storm while his Mom was dressing. Stepping into a steamy bathroom after 3 others have showered and gotten water and their toiletries all over the place. Two women trying to blow dray their hair and get dressed when the bathroom schedule got off kilter due to activities. Awkward moments when SIL and DD got into an argument while MIL and their son sat up looking on because there was nowhere to go. Closet space. MIL had room service delivered on the morning after DD and SIL went out drinking the night before and woke them up at the break of dawn. MIL getting up and down in the night to use the bathroom and the light waking up their son every time. Son stepped off his bunk into the Grandmother's chest. Thinly veiled remarks at DD because she took more than her alloted time to get ready for dinner at night. Thinly veiled remarks by DD to MIL about all the bathroom trips in the middle of the night. I'm sure I've forgotten some of the problems but this is just an example of what can happen..it wil RUIN your friendship. My daughter has yet to recover enough to ask her MIL to go on another vacation with them, which is a shame. One neat couple and one messy couple is enough to do in the vacation too. Why don't you try locking yourselves into one of your walk-in closets for a week before going on the cruise. If you come out of the closet at the end of the week still friends, then book the inside cabin. If one or more is arrested for assault or murder, the others should book separate cabins for the cruise.

why don't you try locking yourselves into one of your walk-in closets for a week before going on the cruise. If you come out of the closet at the end of the week still friends, then book the inside cabin. If one or more is arrested for assault or murder, the others should book separate cabins for the cruise.

LOL!

I note OP has never returned. Wonder if they did not like the answers.

Just to reiterate everyone else- don't do this! My husband and I had an inside on a 5-day and by the end I thought I was going to have to find him another cabin!! I can't image a 12-day with another couple. I won't even share a hotel room with another couple for one night. No way!!

I suspect he/she is lurking...reading but not responding.

If you absolutely must do it, I would recommend that each couple set aside a specific time each day where they CANNOT go to the room...something like three hours a day. Even then.........it will not be pretty.

Like the other poster wrote, PLEASE write back after the cruise is over to let us know how it went.

When I was in college either my roommate and I would put a rubber band on the door knob to indicate that one of us was entertainig ;) and did not want to be disturbed.I don't know about this poster but my DW gets frisky on a cruise ship.

That might work in this case.

Is is advisable? Well, only you can decide for sure. For us: No, no, a thousand times no. We travel with my sister and her hubby, including a cruise from time to time. We book two rooms at hotels and two balcony cabins on cruises. We travel with our best friends (no cruise yet, but someday perhaps). We book two rooms. When we travel with them and their two youngsters (teens now), we book two rooms with one being a larger family room. Granted we always book connecting rooms/cabins and do have some togetherness during the day and evening. But we can always close the door and everyone has private time. Under the circumstances listed (two couples, interior cabin, 12 nights), we'd skip the cruise rather than do it that way.

beachchick

2 posts? No replies to this one? Give me a break.

Actually, the two posts were the same one just a few minutes apart. I also thought it was bizarre that the OP has yet to comment on all the replies. Perhaps the other people in the group found out the plans and had them "taken care of"???? :confused:

actually, the two posts were the same one just a few minutes apart. I also thought it was bizarre that the op has yet to comment on all the replies. Perhaps the other people in the group found out the plans and had them "taken care of"???? :confused:

lol!

I did this in my 20's, 3 women 1 man. It wasn't to bad but we were single and not couples. I slept on the deck one night because there was a party in the room. ;) Now I either travel solo or with another lady and we get seperate rooms. I learned my lesson the first time out. Don't do it. If you can't afford you own inside cabin, wait another year and save some bucks and frustration. JMH72centsO.

Archived