interior room for 2 couples?

vacation 2011

Booked on Ruby 7/3/2011 Barcelona to Venice. Have interior room for 2 couples. Want to spend money on tours. Does anyone have advice if this is the way to go?

Hi: To each their own! No way I would share a cabin, let alone inside cabin. 1 bathroom, no privacy whatsoever and probably no room to move! But, who am I to say what others should do! I'd be hard pressed to share even a balcony cabin w/ my grown married children. Everone needs a little private time and space.

Whatever your choice, have a good cruise and stay safe.

Maybe you should consider giving up some of the tours and get 2 insides. Those cabins are kind of small for 4 adults. There won't be enough room for all your clothes let alone just getting around your cabin. If you go through with this I suggest you make a schedule for bathroom time, dressing time and anything else you might do in your cabin.

I would also suggest you find out if anyone snores. :eek:

There is something else to consider also. Everyone will need to have seperate beds. You won't be able to have the beds pushed together at all. It'll probably be the 2 lower regular beds, then the 2 bunk beds, or a rollaway. I'd still do it...but I'm nuts for cruising...It will be a tight squeeze no doubt...

It could ruin your friendship with the other couple. You will notice ALL their irritating little habits, and they will notice ALL your quirks. You will have no time to yourself and feel pressure to do everything with your "roommates". No amount of money saved can be worth that kind of aggravation.

Call today and book a separate room for yourselves.

No way would I do this, and I'm always looking for ways to save money. Absolutely NO privacy and you will totally get on each other's nerves.

Save money by not booking excursions. I've never booked a ship or private excursion in Europe, and saved $$$ and had a better time. If you don't feel comfortable with that, you will spend less booking on your own, rather than through the ship.

Booked on Ruby 7/3/2011. Have interior room for 4 want to spend money on tours. Does anyone have comment if this is adviseable.

NO WAY would I ever want an inside cabin for two couples. You'll have no privacy, and you'll be fighting over the tiny bathroom. Obviously you're trying to save money, but there are some things where saving money isn't the best idea, and one is putting 4 adults in a tiny inside cabin. Look at it this way----you're in a room the size of your bathroom in your house. Think about it.

Can you imagine 4 people dressing/showering/putting on makeup at same time? No hall bathrooms either! If you really want to economize start reading about the ports. Frommers, Fodors, Lonely Planet at your local library. These 3 also have good websites. Look on ports forum here and Trip Advisor. You could assign port(s), investigation to each in your group. The cruise sponsored excursions can be tedious as sitting in a big coach waiting for slower folks. They are one of main profit centers for line along with alcohol.

Frankly, there is no other couple I want to know that well. Part of the benefit of cruising with your partner is to be able to have a relaxing and happy time doing private things. Lots of babies are created on cruise ships.

Are you going to resort to hanging a neck tie on your door to tell the other couple when to go sit somewhere and wait?

LOL you'll need to be very very comfortable with this couple and all 4 of you agree that living togather in what is effectively a closet for 12 nights where two of you sleep liiterally on top of the other two and that tag teaming the bathroom every morning and evening is the way to economize for the tours is what you want.

If you personally think you'll only "sleep' and dress in the room and are willing to tolerate space conditions tighter then any college dorm and more like a submarine then it'll work.

Even for a tightwad like me that would be going just a tad to far on the frugal side.

... your story after your cruise is over... there will, no doubt..be a page turning story to follow! :D

One time my DH tried to talk me into buying a camper. My reply, "You - Me - inside a tiny tin box... with no where to go to get away from each other.....NO THANK YOU!" ...and I love this man with all of my heart..

Booked on Ruby 7/3/2011. Have interior room for 4 want to spend money on tours. Does anyone have comment if this is adviseable.

Have you done this before??? I would advise you to rethink 2 couples in an interior cabin. You had r-e-a-l-l-y better be very good, CLOSE friends that can coordinate sleeping habits, dressing/changing arrangements; bathroom "duties"; not to mention closet & drawer & luggage storage space. Only one person can possibly fit in the bathroom at once. There is NO privacy to change clothes.

Think of it like living in a walk-in closet with four people. NO WAY would I even consider doing this. You would be better off spending some extra dollars for 2 cabins. There is not even 2 family members with whom we would share an inside cabin!

We cruised in a full suite with another couple and we all almost lost it before the cruise was over, and that was over 500 sq. feet with a really large balcony. We all said, "Never again!"

You are courting a disaster in the making, and this will completely ruin your cruise. Please, please - don't do this!

Archived