Late Night Snacks on HAL

DeRon

While some have mentioned that their particular cruise had a lively crowd, enjoying the night life on board, I have rarely found that to be true in general on HAL. One reason may be that I usually take longer, off-season cruises, so the demographics tend to be older.

I have been on the Mariner of the Seas, where their Promenade Cafe on the Royal Promenade was well patronized way into the wee hours, with partyers coming from the piano lounge and the disco.

On the NCL Jewel, they had their Blue Lagoon cafe overlooking the Atrium.

It too was fairly well patronized, especially after the late show ended, but not quite like on the RCI ship.

Ok, ok everyone just needs to stop talking about the club sandwiches. You're killing me here. They have the best. So I mean it not one more mention of HAL's club sandwiches. I mean it.

Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches Club Sandwiches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :eek: ;)

Well Bless my Heart... ;)

Club Sandwiches

Club Sandwiches

Club Sandwiches

Club Sandwiches

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

And the Cheese Plate ain't bad either ;)

r.

We have waited a long while to get room service to answer the telephone late at night.

We do tip for that service and after the first night, we usually get much faster service.....and more food.

HAL ships are usually very quiet at night, after 11pm so if you want the 24 hour experience seek another cruise company.

I've not eaten them before on the Eurodam or the Westerdam but DAM sure I'm going to have at least one on the Niew Am. come this December...and maybe at 2am too. Can we order extra bacon and tomatoes with extra mayo on the side? That's a heart attack waiting to happen but I LOVE my BACON.

BACON goes good with everything !!!!

I've not eaten them before on the Eurodam or the Westerdam but DAM sure I'm going to have at least one on the Niew Am. come this December...and maybe at 2am too. Can we order extra bacon and tomatoes with extra mayo on the side? That's a heart attack waiting to happen but I LOVE my BACON.

BACON goes good with everything !!!!

WHY YES YOU CAN!!! I also order mine with added cheese and onions. Heaven help me its good. I think the latest I have eaten one is around 11:30 pm. I may have to set the alarm and try the 2 am one. Could be nice, very nice.

I have never experienced slow or poor service, or unsatisfactory food, from HAL's 24 hour room service. I do not particularly need to be able to fill my belly at any hour of the night -- and, to be blunt, many of the cruisers I see would be in much better shape if they could just cut down on some of their between-meals gorging.

Some of the moaning on this thread verges on the unbelievable.

ABSOLUTELY NOT !!! There will be social police on all decks and at all public spaces after hours to ensure that no chit chat will be going on.

Seriouslly, as far as I know, any space that is open and/or the doors are unlocked is yours for use. I couldn't resist being a smart aleck.

[quote name='improvgal']This isn't directly about the food situation, but if everything closes down "early" can you still wander or find a public place to sit and chat with friends after hours? Just curious.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Yes, you can! Public lounges always remain open (no doors to physically bar you). The Crow's Nest is usually one of the last places where people hang out, along with the Ocean Bar, the Northern Lights (on the Vista's and Signatures) to name a few[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[I]Since DH and I are both diabetic I order extra orange, tomato juice and some fruit at breakfast. I keep it in the fridge in case we need it during the night if the sugars drop. No need for room service at that time. It has worked for us on all our cruises. I also get a few cookies from the NL. No need to bring snacks from home. Plenty available on board.:)[/I]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][B]Hope the cheese plate has improved. We ordered it one afternoon a few years ago -- terrible -- 4 tiny, tiny pieces of cheese -- one set of crackers -- a couple of grapes. And we were told that it would be plenty for 2 people.
Never ordered it from room service again.[/B][/QUOTE]

Lunch, snack, late night:
So sorry to hear that about the cheese plate. I discovered it about two years ago, and seem to always have 1 (or 2) just laying around the cabin "Just-In-Case). They usually have 6 slices of various cheeses, and wedges of apple & strawberry (they wouldn't want to fatten you with a whole strawberry) and 2/3 grapes plus a couple of crackers. The cheeses themselves have been very good, 2 soft, a yellow, a white, something spiced and something hard.
The last two cruises with this were on the Westerdam and the Eurodam.
Give it another try, it could vary by ship and/or chef.

[quote name='Pokeynose'][I]Since DH and I are both diabetic I order extra orange, tomato juice and some fruit at breakfast. I keep it in the fridge in case we need it during the night if the sugars drop. No need for room service at that time. It has worked for us on all our cruises. I also get a few cookies from the NL. No need to bring snacks from home. Plenty available on board)[/I][/QUOTE]

Breakfast:
You been stealing my secrets, or what ? :D
They also have Grapefruit Juice, but it is not fresh squeezed like the OJ.
I also get an extra Milk (or 2) to keep in the fridge for taking my pills at night.
So much better than water ;)

r.

[quote name='navybankerteacher']****[COLOR="Red"] and, to be blunt, many of the cruisers I see would be in much better shape if they could just cut down on some of their between-meals gorging.[/COLOR]****[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize we had ever cruised together :rolleyes:

Guilty as charged. If my belt size gets any bigger, I'll have to borrow a rope from the crew :eek: :eek:

r.

[quote name='Gunther1']Could one order room service and have it delivered somewhere besides your cabin ? IE could you hve it delivered to the lido pool at 3am, for example ?[/quote]

No. One morning in the Amazon all the self service coffee and hot water machines were out of order. We called down to room service and ordered coffe and tea for 20 which was all of us early risers. Within minutes a supervisor was up there to find out what was going on.
They not only dealt with the problem but from that morning on they delivered some of the baked good a few hours early for all of us. It was very nice of them.

[quote name='Berk987']I've not eaten them before on the Eurodam or the Westerdam but DAM sure I'm going to have at least one on the Niew Am. come this December...and maybe at 2am too. Can we order extra bacon and tomatoes with extra mayo on the side? That's a heart attack waiting to happen but I LOVE my BACON.
BACON goes good with everything !!!![/QUOTE]

On last Eurodam cruise (February) a guest chef did Chocolate Dipped Honey Maple Bacon ! [COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="5"]![/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"]![/SIZE][/COLOR]
I'm telling you There aren't words :cool: :cool: :cool:

[quote name='savannahgirl1']WHY YES YOU CAN!!! I also order mine with added cheese and onions. Heaven help me its good. I think the latest I have eaten one is around 11:30 pm. I may have to set the alarm and try the 2 am one. Could be nice, very nice.[/QUOTE]

I always have to remind myself to order extra Mayo on the side. Otherwise it can be too dry for my tastes.

But EXTRAS (?), I never thought of that.
NOW, I don't know if I should Kiss you or Curse you ;) ;)

r.

[quote name='Tamaracboy']I always have to remind myself to order extra Mayo on the side. Otherwise it can be too dry for my tastes.

But EXTRAS (?), I never thought of that.
NOW, I don't know if I should Kiss you or Curse you ;)

r.[/QUOTE]

Loves me or hates me, the onions and cheese are DELICIOUS on the sandwich. ;) But if you have to do something, go with the kiss, I have enough curses on me. HA! :eek: :cool: :p

Archived