Just off CB - 7/29 cruise.

davy jones

I am just back from the CB 7/29 cruise. I got there around 12:10 and thought that the embarkation process on the pier was bad. Apparently, I missed the worst.

Other than that, it was an excellent cruise.

I can answer any questions. Perhaps a review later.

I am just back from the CB 7/29 cruise. I got there around 12:10 and thought that the embarkation process on the pier was bad. Apparently, I missed the worst.

Other than that, it was an excellent cruise.

I can answer any questions. Perhaps a review later.

Glad you had a great cruise.

Glad to read you had a great cruise.

I am not sure what to think about embarkation. Our embarkation for the same cruise on 7/11/10 was one of the best in all our cruises.:confused:

Welcome back! Great to hear you had a great cruise!

I am not sure what to think about embarkation. Our embarkation for the same cruise on 7/11/10 was one of the best in all our cruises.:confused:

What happened at embarkation:confused:

This is what happened.

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/33/32/dtg_cruisecrisis_2010_08_06_bk.html

My embarkation story, which isn't as bad as most.

We drove to the cruise complex and arrived shortly after noon. We then waited in a double line of cars for over half an hour just to drop off the luggage. It looked like there were 6 lines available to drop off bags and they were using 1, with a separate dropoff area for busses. Even the busses had to wait to get to the front of the line. You must go through the entire line just to get to the parking lot, so you can not park and wheel your luggage over, like you can in Manhattan. It looked extremely disorganized, but there were many people standing around doing nothing at all.

We finally got to the drop off and there were no porters paying attention. I finally went to put our luggage on one of the carts and that finally got a porter's attention (I guess he wanted his tip). Of course, he yelled at me. I only tipped the porter so my luggage would end up on the ship.

After that, I parked my car and was on the ship 10 minutes later. The Princess part of the embarkation was the smoothest that I ever had.

I didn't know the problem until after muster drill, when the Captain announced the late departure and only said it was due to luggage delays. At 6 PM, I looked down and there were still dozens of carts full of luggage at the drop off. It could have been close to 1000 bags. We didn't sail until 7:45. That didn't bother me because the ship was in cruise mode anyway. However, the late sailing seemed to bother some people. I didn't understand why. However, I didn't know how bad the drop off/baggage situation was until today. If I waited 4 hours from arrival to embarkation, I would probably be a bit annoyed too. Passengers did get a letter from the Captain on Sunday, but those who boarded early didn't understand how bad the problem outside had become.

By the way, my luggage was in my cabin by 3 PM.

just got off July29th sailing home in less than 45 min this was another wonderful overall cruise with Princess however Princess should re-think a few things...The Lotus Spa pool should be made available only to those who use the spa and sanctury the idea is to relax with relatively quiet however all the loud boisterous obliviously Brooklyn people who hog the chairs and the pool made it an uncomfortable experience..... Some loudmouth suggested to one in his party to get a snickers bar and let float in the pool to see peoples reaction..sooooo BK. Also the overhead speakers should be on in the cABINS can't hear a thing being said..

enough for now going again in Feb on the Crown..love princess:cool:

just got off July29th sailing home in less than 45 min this was another wonderful overall cruise with Princess however Princess should re-think a few things...The Lotus Spa pool should be made available only to those who use the spa and sanctury the idea is to relax with relatively quiet however all the loud boisterous obliviously Brooklyn people who hog the chairs and the pool made it an uncomfortable experience..... Some loudmouth suggested to one in his party to get a snickers bar and let float in the pool to see peoples reaction..sooooo BK. Also the overhead speakers should be on in the cABINS can't hear a thing being said..

enough for now going again in Feb on the Crown..love princess:cool:

I like the peace and quiet that our stateroom offers. I will agree with you that there are times (not always) that one wants to hear what they are saying. In case you are unaware, the announcements can also be heard on three or four channels on the TV. For listings, look at the info book by the night stand.

we were on this cruise also. We were sitting near the port for an hour and a half waiting in the long line of cars. We were on a bus, and we couldnt get off of the bus. We saw people walking down the street with their bags. It was bad but that didnt bother me to much. Once we got off the bus, we were on the ship in no time.

My problem was with some of the kids on board. it was the same group of kids all week. It was only 3 and I would say the ages of these boys were from 11 or 12 being the oldest to 5, 6 or 7 for the other 2. It is insane how kids this young can run around the ship and use the phones in the public hallways and knock on doors and turn your room tags around. It was unbelievable!!! Did anyone else have any problems with kids doing stuff like this? I have been on this ship 3 times and have never had a problem. All the times I cruised in the summer. I think we just got the raw end of the deal on this one as far as the kids we encountered. All other kids were fine.

I'm on the CB now and embarkation was a quick as can be. I guess they learned their lesson from last week. We arrived at 11:45 and it took us a total of 15 min from entering to boarding. Our luggage arrived 5 min later. Wireless works great in my room-c752.

My problem was with some of the kids on board. it was the same group of kids all week. It was only 3 and I would say the ages of these boys were from 11 or 12 being the oldest to 5, 6 or 7 for the other 2. It is insane how kids this young can run around the ship and use the phones in the public hallways and knock on doors and turn your room tags around. It was unbelievable!!! Did anyone else have any problems with kids doing stuff like this? I have been on this ship 3 times and have never had a problem. All the times I cruised in the summer. I think we just got the raw end of the deal on this one as far as the kids we encountered. All other kids were fine.

I have never seen misbehaving kids on Princess cruise, even during school vacations. Must be a rare case.

we were on this cruise also. We were sitting near the port for an hour and a half waiting in the long line of cars. We were on a bus, and we couldnt get off of the bus. We saw people walking down the street with their bags. It was bad but that didnt bother me to much. Once we got off the bus, we were on the ship in no time.

Did you hear of a family being put off the ship in Puerto Rico for this same reason?

I'm on the CB now and embarkation was a quick as can be. I guess they learned their lesson from last week. We arrived at 11:45 and it took us a total of 15 min from entering to boarding. Our luggage arrived 5 min later. Wireless works great in my room-c752.

Is Ron your cabin steward? We just vacated C748.

Thanks for the timely update!:)

No I didnt, but I would have loved to see my 3 off the ship. I went down and talked to security 3 times and they pulled the phone records and they were calling from the stair phones, the shore excursion desk and even in the mens bathroom. On the last night they called 9 times from around 930 to around 1 am. I was in the room packing and I wrote down all the times and from where they were calling. It comes up on the phone. I found them 2 times when they were calling from my deck and 2 decks down. At the beginning it was funny, but as it kept going on all week it really got on my nerves!!! Security did offer to have us go to another cabin, but they only had an inside cabin that slept only 2 and we had 3 people. This is the first time I have ever had a problem and hope I dont have it again.

Hi Bommieg I see we hail from the exact town, please take care of our room as we will be on the next cruise. What a coincidence it is almost freaky. Great minds think a like. If there is anything I should know please post here. Have a great cruise.

Hi Bommieg I see we hail from the exact town, please take care of our room as we will be on the next cruise. What a coincidence it is almost freaky. Great minds think a like. If there is anything I should know please post here. Have a great cruise.

Wow! That is a coincidence! Right now I'm sitting out on the balcony overlooking the wake. It's a beautiful night I'll try to keep you updated. Runiel is our cabin steward and he's been terrific so far.

Wow! That is a coincidence! Right now I'm sitting out on the balcony overlooking the wake. It's a beautiful night I'll try to keep you updated. Runiel is our cabin steward and he's been terrific so far.

Bonnieg I myself can't wait until I see that beautiful wake(had C752 on the Crown). Our friends will be in C753 next week they had C753 on the Crown as well. DH & myself drove down to the Bklyn cruise port yesterday to check out the parking facilities the first thing we saw was those wonderful aft cabins on the BQE so we did wave to you. Normally we take car service but DH wants to drive nothing like hoping into your own car especially when we do not have to fly. Can't wait till I hear from you thanks for posting last night neighbor.

Runiel will have you call him Ron for short. Tell him the Brown's are home safe and sound but really miss him:(

I never knew that Staten Islanders were so superior to Brooklynites. In my experience with Staten Island which mostly consists of being stuck on the highway while I try to get home from NJ you folks seem pretty much the same as my friends and neighbors. I'll have to remember to bow in your direction when passing under the Verrazano Bridge.

Newport was nice except the tender wait was over an hour and the tender ride was 20 min. I would suggest to get an early start. We left around 10:15 and didn't arrive in Newport till 11:45. The weather has been perfect. Tonight was formal night.

Smellytoes, I gave Ron your regards. He's such a nice man.

Bonnieg when you were in Newport did you see any tours for boat excursions? Thanks for the heads up about the tenders. Newport & Boston are the only places we do not have tours booked. The four of us have been to Boston numerous times especially DH he had to fly up twice a month. We usually book independently. Thanks for the info regarding formal night. Dh was wondering when they are. Have a great day in Boston tomorow.

Archived