Cozumel vs Cococay for 3.5 year old

am17_new

Can someone please give me an idea which has better excursions for a 3.5 year old? I don't think she can snorkel, she doesn't know how to swim. What else would be there for her in these 2 places (besides sand, ofcourse)? This will help us choose between the 2 cruises we have shortlisted.

Coco Cay is just a limited beach day.

Cozumel is a full blown city. They have a nice National Park, Chankanaab. That's where the dolphin encounters are. Not sure of a 3yo can do it though. We went to Paradise Beach with the kids when they were 5yo and 16 months. Nice beach day.

Cozumel also has good shopping. Hey, it's your vacation too.

Coco Cay is a beach day...pure and simple. A small child will have a blast digging in the sand, running about..splashing in the shallow water, picking up palm fronds and making imaginery fun with it.

No need to "buy" any excursions there.

You can come and go from Coco Cay as you like...you don't have to spend the entire day there, so if the child gets grumpy, just head back to the ship for a nap, some air-conditioning...and then return later, if you want.

Have done both these ports and CocoCay is the way to go. I have two boys 5 and 7 and the only thing that would entertain them in cozumel would be the beach and it's harder/$ to get to there. The earliest excursion age I have seen for water activities is 5. Have fun.

Thanks everyone for the response. Looks like Cococay is the clear choice here.

But I was also wondering about Paradise beach in cozumel? I know we'll need a taxi to go there, but is it as good as Cococay for a pre-schooler?

The reason I ask is that we are debating between a 4-night carribean cruise vs a 3-night bahamas both on the same ship (LOS). The 3-night is about a $100 more than the 4-night for a similar room. So I would prefer the 4-night one, but really not sure if cozumel is the place to go.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

If you go to the beach in Coz you will still have to pay for food and drink. Coco Cay is a private island, the cruise line provides all food and the same drinks that are free onboard will be free there. You needn't spend a dime. EM

I can't remember if it's Coco Cay or just Labadee but they have an area that is covered in water sprinklers and the kids loved it. I think it was Labadee but maybe they both have this little park for the smaller kids??? I'm sure someone with a better memory can help answer.

Archived