New Compass... what do you think?

What do you think of the "new" Compass  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the "new" Compass

• Love it
    • Hate it
    • Wish there was more information... see below
    • Who care... don't read it anyway

There is a new Compass.... double the size of the previous Compass... but.... for us there is a lack of valuable information..... We have missed shows because we were "used" to having a marketing piece on the front page... with some information about the "headliner" or production.... now there is one line on the second page... and the second issue.... what are the bar hours????? On smaller ships, little or now problem... and the "solution of checking channel 39".... not a reasonable option..... jmo

There is a new Compass.... double the size of the previous Compass... but.... for us there is a lack of valuable information..... We have missed shows because we were "used" to having a marketing piece on the front page... with some information about the "headliner" or production.... now there is one line on the second page... and the second issue.... what are the bar hours????? On smaller ships, little or now problem... and the "solution of checking channel 39".... not a reasonable option..... jmo

I liked it when they had a picture of the headliner on the front of the Compass much better.

Is the new Compass still called the Compass, or is it the "Why Not Today?" which was being trialed on Liberty last November for use "on the Oasis and potentially other ships." Because if so, I'll vote for hate it. Otherwise I'll have to wait til the Jewel to have an opinion.

I liked it when they had a picture of the headliner on the front of the Compass much better.

Agreed. First we have a nice compass. Then we go to the "get out there"', which was ok, now the one we had a month ago is again a compass, but buries all of the important info.

I miss the section that had all the music summarized in one place. Now you have to read through the listings, looking for the music icons next to each listing. It seems less convenient. I also agree with another poster about the bar hours being posted on channel 39 instead of listed in the compass.

I haven't seen these yet, when did they start? Any photos out there yet? I'll see them in person in January.

They started them between our B2B cruise on the NOS spring trans-Atlantic On April 22. We had old version the 1st half, new version the 2nd half.

We don't like them as well. Liked the headline entertainment on the front page and the half page daily planner even though you can fold over the full page one or rip it in half along the perforations.

Tucker in Texas

We just got back from an Alaskan cruise on the Celebrity Mercury. The Celebrity Today is very similar in layout to the new Compasses. I also prefer the old style, with the headliner on the front page. The new format takes more time to decipher. Although I don't mind the full page tear-out -- I was less likely to lose it! Just my two cents.

Kevin

We really miss the photo of the nightly show entertainer and the short biography that went with it. At times that small article would decide if we went to the show that night. We haven't been to any shows lately, except the ice shows. Maybe that front page article meant more than we realize.

Rick and Deirdra

:confused:If you want to have a bloody mary in the morning - have to run around all over the ship to find a bar open. Seems like the bartenders are not allowed to tell passengers when they are open either. Please post them in the "new" Compass.

Also miss the pictures of the headliners. Please put back in!!:(

We had the new format on Liberty last fall, but the old format on Voyager in Feb. and Mariner in May. Maybe now they are going fleetwide? Most folks don't like change, me included! But I guess we will live with it. And when we all get used to it, they'll probably change again!

I would have voted for "Who Cares?", but I do read it. I am not hung up on format and can accept most change. Now the change that I do have trouble accepting is the decision to discontinue The New York Times via fax!:( The televison news in my cabin or paying for turtle like internet service to stay up to date just does not cut it!

We miss the information about the shows.... Was nice to have a little insight to who/what was being offered.... have missed shows that we would have attended had we had more details :(

Also... there seems to be room for the bar/lounge hours... and the details about smoking or not.... We asked and was told to watch channel 39.... tried that.... how tedious... not for me :rolleyes:

Archived