Carnival Cruises Best room for kids

butterflydreamz928

Hi everyone! We are planning our first cruise ever for next year. We have two girls who will be six and nine when we go. I was wondering if anyone has input on what the best type of room to get on Carnival would be. All I can imagine is all four of us piled in my bed or mom and dad sleeping on the floor and neither of those options sounds fun!

If 4 of you piled in one cabin does not sound like fun then you will need 2 cabins. Get connecting cabins and you will be able to leave the door open so you can all be together, or close the door if the kids go to sleep early.

I'm talking about connecting, not next door to each other.

Some of the ships have family staterooms on the spa level (right below camp carnival) which are a little bigger than a normal room and have a king (or 2 twins) and a separate couch that turns into a bed, as well as a pull down bunk.

I guess you need to decide if both your kids will sleep on a pull down berth (bunk). If not, you'll have to possibly get 2 rooms.

Some of the ships have family staterooms on the spa level (right below camp carnival) which are a little bigger than a normal room and have a king (or 2 twins) and a separate couch that turns into a bed, as well as a pull down bunk.

I guess you need to decide if both your kids will sleep on a pull down berth (bunk). If not, you'll have to possibly get 2 rooms.

We have one of those cabins on our cruise next week on Glory. It's DH and me plus our sons 14 and 10. We usually get two cabins, but this is an extra "long weekend" cruise, so we decided to opt for one cabin this time. We've done it before (in fact, we did it with three kids a couple of times) - we've never had a problem with storage space. The one thing I'd recommend in getting a cabin for four is to get a balcony. When you're getting ready for dinner, it gives the first people ready someplace to go and get out of the way of everyone else.

We booked one ocean view room for our family of four when we went on our 7 day cruise on Legend. There were bunk beds for the kids and a queen bed for us. We like to spend money on excursions and shopping so we try to save money on the room. We were comfortable in the room. Hope this helps. Have fun.

I agree with the above post - on Glory, we had an oceanview for the 4 of us (including our 5 yo and 11 month old), and even with the crib in the room, we had a decent amount of space - it was surprisingly comfortable. Our older daughter had a full size single bed (with a bunk above that we never used), we had a queen, and there was still room for the crib. And at 6 and 9, your kids are likely beyond the napping age, so you probably won't spend much time in your cabin anyway... However, one thing I am very picky about when choosing a cabin, especially with kids, is to look at the deck plan carefully to see what's above and below it - preferably other cabins, as opposed to restaurants, the galley, theatre or lounges, which can be quite noisy.

If you want some more room, on the Spirit class ships, there are 6 combo cabins of a balcony connecting with an inside room. Really neat set up. Parents get a Balcony, plus an inside room with connecting door to it.

My kids were 5 and 9 when we went on our first "family" cruise last fall. We got 2 connecting OV rooms and it worked out WONDERFULLY. Everyone had their own actual bed, we had two bathrooms (I cannot even imagine getting two kids and two adults showered and ready for dinner on time in ONE bathroom), two TV's and plenty of room to stretch out.

I hadn't thought of the two connecting room idea. That may be worth looking into. The girls will be six and nine when we go. I thought there were bunks that they could sleep on but I couldn't tell by any of the photos. Lots of planning to do I think.

If you want connecting cabins just be aware that they fill up fast so the sooner you book, the better.

Hi,

We have been on 2 cruises with our boys - this spring and last (they are 6 & 8)- and we got a balcony and an interior across the hall. The adjoining didn't matter to us. It was less $$ both times to do this than to pay 3rd/4th passenger rates and have us all in one cabin. We were on Princess, so I don't know if it will vary with Carnival. We used the phones as monitors between the rooms if needed. We had one parent/one kid in each room to sleep (we felt more comfortable with this then letting them stay by themselves but you could if you kept the phone on as a room monitor), but we would start the kids off in the interior so we could hang out on the balcony or in the room without having to tiptoe around or be in the dark. It was nice to have the extra bathroom and if anyone wanted to nap the interior was a great cabin.

Hope that helps!

Archived