Make up my mind for me...Allure or Liberty

Every year we say "this is our last cruise for a while....need to put some money away". Well, here we are again thinking about spring break and I just don't think we can make it through the winter without something planned for spring break. So....looks like we are cruising.

The problem is this....we (husband, myself and 6yr old daughter) really, really want to go on the Allure. But, we can sail on the Liberty...which we were just on in April...for $400 less and we would be gaining an extra night and an OV. The budget can only handle an inside on the Allure. We love the freedom class ships, but I have been so looking forward to sailing on the Oasis class....since it was just a concept. What would YOU do?

We're trying to decide between Oasis, Freedom or Serenade. Hard decision - we've only done Voyager-class ships before. Serenade would be the most "different" in ship design, and has ports we've never been to before. We might combine Freedom with a day or two at Disney World. Or, we might just splurge on Oasis, which is considerably more expensive. To add to the confusion, my husband is leaning towards the 9 day on Explorer, since we can drive to that port.

How much time do u actually spend in the cabin; there is much more to see and do on Allure; How many bad reviews have you read regarding Oasis; that can only mean Allure will be that much better; So take a hard look at your budget and see if you can fit Allure in; You have been on Liberty so now expand your horizon; think big, real big; think Allure!:D

To me it would depend on if I have been to the ports of call. I like to go somewhere new everytime. If the ports don't matter then I would definiately go on the ship I haven't been on. So in your case if ports don't mattter (not sure if it does) I would take Allure since you haven't been on it. It is always a little more exciting trying something different.

But, we can sail on the Liberty...which we were just on in April...for $400 less and we would be gaining an extra night and an OV. The budget can only handle an inside on the Allure. We love the freedom class ships, but I have been so looking forward to sailing on the Oasis class....since it was just a concept. What would YOU do?

Allure!!! Or Oasis. Have you looked at Oasis?

We're trying to decide between Oasis, Freedom or Serenade. To add to the confusion, my husband is leaning towards the 9 day on Explorer, since we can drive to that port.

9-night on the Explorer! The extra couple of days make SUCH a difference. :)

My daughter (22) and her husband (23) are on the Oasis right now (Honeymoon)! They have called home a couple of times.......they said the ship is way too big, the staff are very over worked...so service is not up to snuff.:eek: They are happy they went on the Oasis, but they will never go again.

Go for the ALLURE....I am.:D Then your 6 year old daughter can experience the Theme Park on the ship. I still can't believe the Oasis class ships have a carousel. I can't wait to be on this ship. Like you said, you and family were just on Liberty in April. So, do the RCCL's motto......WHY NOT.

I go with the Explorer. 7 days is good but I was on the 9 night Explorer in May and I know it's only 2 extra days but it feels so much longer and so relaxing. I know the ship is older but it's in GREAT condition and we had a great time.

7 days or 9 days, humm... 9 definitely!

Thanks for all of the replies and opinions! We did look at the Oasis....only about $100 price difference, but we like the Sunday departure and also the E. Caribbean. We can fly down on Sat and not have to take our daughter out of school.

I get the extra night suggestion. And, if it were just myself and hubby then I would say the more the better. But, 7 nights on a ship is about all we can handle w/the kiddo. Totally different vibe when traveling with her. Seriously, SHE is the party animal. I am prying my eyes open to stay awake while she wants to run from event to event. Although, it could be the key lime martinis that are forcing me to keep my eyes open. Sweet Mary and Joseph, those taste so much better when consumed in the Viking Crown Lounge. Yummy!!!

Archived