Coach Store on Oasis

All Coach products are priced the same. If you go to a Coach outlet, then you'll get Coach products made especially for the outlet store...they will be different than in a regular store.

Actually, the Coach outlet sells the previous season(s) bags. They don't manufacture specifically for the outlet. They also sell bags that have been returned to retail outlets, because they don't resell them. Every bag I have bought at the outlet that is 10 miles from my house is a bag that was a previous season's bag. Coach doesn't make a separate line for the Oasis store either. Other than no sales tax, you aren't going to get a better deal onboard. If you want a bag that "everyone else doesn't have" you have to be prepared to spend tens of thousands, not hundreds of dollars.

Actually, the Coach outlet sells the previous season(s) bags. They don't manufacture specifically for the outlet. They also sell bags that have been returned to retail outlets, because they don't resell them. Every bag I have bought at the outlet that is 10 miles from my house is a bag that was a previous season's bag. Coach doesn't make a separate line for the Oasis store either. Other than no sales tax, you aren't going to get a better deal onboard. If you want a bag that "everyone else doesn't have" you have to be prepared to spend tens of thousands, not hundreds of dollars.

Thank you, I was just going to say the same thing. All outlet stores are designed to get rid of items that did not sell the first time around or have been returned. Get deals.

Thank you, I was just going to say the same thing. All outlet stores are designed to get rid of items that did not sell the first time around or have been returned. Get deals.

While that is their stated reason for being....in reality, many if not most brands create separate lines just for the outlets. Most all sell a mix of older stuff along with new stuff that's created just for the outlets.

If you want a bag that "everyone else doesn't have" you have to be prepared to spend tens of thousands, not hundreds of dollars.

Kidding right? tens of thousands of dollars for a purse?????? even hundreds for a PURSE....it's a PURSE for heaven's sake....I don't get it....I carry a purse and if I was the richest person in the world I can NOT imagine spending thousands for a purse.........why would anyone do that?

Oh go ahead and blast me and tell me how worth it the purse is....sorry not going to bite.....ridiculous!!!

Actually they do manufacture bags just for the outlet. They also sell previous season's bags as you stated. I am a frequent outlet shopper...

But anyway, I think it would be a neat idea if there were one or two special items on the ship - would definitely be a reason to buy there and not on land!

All Coach products are priced the same. If you go to a Coach outlet' date=' then you'll get Coach products made especially for the outlet store...they will be different than in a regular store.[/quote']

My local Coach outlet doesnt receive products made exclusively for outlets and I dont beleive they make products just for outlets. Actually, right now (I was there this past week) they have the exact same "current" line they produce for Dept stores only and do not sell in Coach stores. Both the outlet and the Dept store have the same bag as I type..But, my local outlet also has the Poppy line but not the complete line as well as A LOT of the old typical "C" monogram stuff that you see all over in knockoffs. :rolleyes: DS and I were shopping for my DD. The outlet did not have what she wanted, one of the sales ladies showed me a monogram bag, my first reaction was "you're kidding me, my daughter would never use that". She said, "I Know they look like the knock off bags" lol We laughed. I wonder what outlet has a line of merchandise made for their outlet...Def not the outlets in NJ or PA. If it wasnt for my DD I wouldnt be so Coach savvy lol...(altho in the old san juan outlet I found a very unique bag!!!!! The lady said they only got 3 in!! The coach ladies last week in the outlet said they had gotten 1 in! Very HTF bag. [sorry for rambling,lol]

To the poster who wants a unique bag....you wont find any at coach...everyone and their kids have coach bags.

>>>>If you want a bag that "everyone else doesn't have" you have to be prepared to spend tens of thousands' date=' not hundreds of dollars.[/quote']

You can buy an average sized (7x6) classic Chanel flap bag for a few thousand, not tens of thousands.

Kidding right? tens of thousands of dollars for a purse?????? even hundreds for a PURSE....it's a PURSE for heaven's sake....I don't get it....I carry a purse and if I was the richest person in the world I can NOT imagine spending thousands for a purse.........why would anyone do that?

Oh go ahead and blast me and tell me how worth it the purse is....sorry not going to bite.....ridiculous!!!

It falls under, "different strokes for different folks".

Nothing wrong or right. Personal desire and choices.

You chose to not use a designer bag is all. No biggie, but why diss on those that do?

There was a post on the fashion board awhile back about this. (I think I even started it). Those "in the know" who are in the fashion business stated that Coach does, indeed, make bags just for their outlet stores (the outlet stores also sell last season's merchandise). Didn't used to be that way. But now there are so many Coach outlet stores there's no way that they could stock them with just last season's leftovers. Some stated that the sales personnel would point you towards (or away from) what was made just for the store. The dust bags are even different.

My point about having a bag that everyone else doesn't have was that the only way to have a completely unique bag that NO ONE ELSE HAS is to spend a lot of money because you'd have to have one designed specifically for you.

Duh, I know you can buy Chanel, etc for a few thousand, but those won't be unique to you at all and in some areas, you'll find multiple people carrying them anyway.

I, personally draw the line at about $200 for a purse, but there are plenty of women out there who collect purses just like some men collect cars. There are also people with a lot of disposable income and they want to be the first to have something, so they are more than willing to spend the money.

This thread was about what Coach sells on Oasis and the fact is, they are just another retail store and sell the same items as land based stores do. Which answers the OP's question.

There was a post on the fashion board awhile back about this. (I think I even started it). Those "in the know" who are in the fashion business stated that Coach does, indeed, make bags just for their outlet stores (the outlet stores also sell last season's merchandise). Didn't used to be that way. But now there are so many Coach outlet stores there's no way that they could stock them with just last season's leftovers. Some stated that the sales personnel would point you towards (or away from) what was made just for the store. The dust bags are even different.

FWIW...We just got off the 8/21 Oasis sailing and my daughter of course had to go to the Coach store.

The sales staff actually pointed her to a 'new' line of Coach bags that just came out or were made available to their store, the past week

Supposedly new design and colors (they were blue, red, and pink). She then directed her to the 'classic' Coach bags in black, that were made available to the store early summer 2010, she said all 'left overs' weren't sold in their store.

FWIW...We just got off the 8/21 Oasis sailing and my daughter of course had to go to the Coach store.

The sales staff actually pointed her to a 'new' line of Coach bags that just came out or were made available to their store, the past week

Supposedly new design and colors (they were blue, red, and pink). She then directed her to the 'classic' Coach bags in black, that were made available to the store early summer 2010, she said all 'left overs' weren't sold in their store.

Thanks. :D

Not all outlet stores - Chico's has a line called "Additions" that is made for the outlet stores. Although the sales clerk said that they're the same quality as the regular items, I didn't find that to be the case - they use slightly lighter weight fabrics which I'm sure cost them a lot less. But they're quite well made.

As for the Coach store, I found it underwhelming in terms of selection, but I'm stuck in the 70s and 80s in terms of what I want in a Coach bag - just leather, please, no "C" all over it. Oh, well, that's what Ebay is for!

I, personally draw the line at about $200 for a purse,

:eek:

And I, personally, draw the line at $30 (yes, thirty) for a purse. Most of mine are about $14.99 on sale.

I'm not dissing those of you who pant after expensive purses but I swear I just do not understand the attraction.

Not true at all.....the Coach outlet sells many items made just for the outlets that are NEVER sold in retail stores.....just as Coach makes lines of bags and wallets specifically for certain department stores (Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Neiman Marcus etc) that are also NOT sold anywhere else. Seasonal overage of product is sent to the outlets, but not to all, so each outlet could have different products for sale. I do not know about the Oasis, but there could be a chance that they have contracted for their own line (RCI) just the same.

:eek:

And I, personally, draw the line at $30 (yes, thirty) for a purse. Most of mine are about $14.99 on sale.

I'm not dissing those of you who pant after expensive purses but I swear I just do not understand the attraction.

My point exactly...I mean..$1000's for a PURSE???YIKES!:eek:...give it to a homeless shelter.....

Archived