What is the first food you look forward to eating on Princess?

Duck Duck Cruise

The breaded french toast on the last morning of the cruise in the diningroom.!

Oh yes, this is yummy! Here is the recipe in case you would like to relive the experience at home.

Princess French Toast

French Toast Yields: 4 Servings

4 slices milk bread, 1-inch thick

½ cup milk

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

1 cup corn flake crumbs

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 oz. sweet butter

2 tablespoons vanilla confectioner?s sugar

Cinnamon, to taste

1 cup fresh whipped cream

12 strawberries

Fresh mint leaves

Remove crust from bread slices and cut in half diagonally. Soak break in the milk for 2-3 minutes. Dust slices with flour. Shake off excess flour.

Lightly beat egg with sugar. Dip bread slices in egg and then into corn flake crumbs.

In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and fry bread slices until golden brown and crunchy. Turn only once.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and confectioner?s sugar. Garnish with whipped cream, strawberries and mint leaves, and serve on a plate.

Other breads such as brioche, baguettes and Texas bread can be substituted for the milk bread.

That would be the corn flake covered James Beard French toast. ;) :D

I must be some sort of French toast snob, but I don't find the James Beard French toast to be very good. :( It always seems sorta soggy on the inside and tough to cut on the outside. Maybe that's why they only serve it on the last day?? :p

Escargot, creme brulet, French onion soup, dessert soufflets, french fries at the grill by the pool.

New since last cruise:

One night nothing on the main menu appealed to me, so I went for the anytime menu. I had the shrimp cocktail, ceasar salad, fettucinc alfredo, and the tenderloin medallians. That was an awesome meal for me and I look forward to doing that again!

I also got hooked on the chicken salad at the IC, had it 4 times!

I must be some sort of French toast snob, but I don't find the James Beard French toast to be very good. :( It always seems sorta soggy on the inside and tough to cut on the outside. Maybe that's why they only serve it on the last day?? :p

You definately have to be in the mood. ;)

Here is another vote for the Goat Cheese Soufflé. OMG is it delish! I also love the lamb chops and french fries in the Crown Grill. Who knew seasoned fries could be so incredibly good? My other faves are of course the chocolate croissants in the IC and this pasta with pesto and green beans in the MDR, that unfortunately they did not have this past January. Hoping that was a fluke, because it is an amazingly simple but delicious dish. Yummy! Don't know if I can wait until January to eat all this again, lol. :p

I love the fettucini alfredo in that cheese basket and order it at least three times :eek:

But for me it is that first lunch when we are on first on board before sailaway.......I order the 24K Rita on the rocks with extra lime but no orange slices and grab a few pieces of that Princess yummy pizza.....a few bites.....a few sips.....and ahhhhhh I feel all my stress and worries melt away. I am about to enjoy a week of bliss on a Princess cruise:)

OMG I am drooling thinking about it:D

OMG! Me too, I sure could use that right now...:cool:

What is stollen? I love hazelnut so this sounds like something I just might need to try. I'm on a diet and this thread is making me very hungry:D:D

Stollen is a delicious sweet yeast bread that contains fruit and nuts. It is a German Christmas tradition but many European countries have a version of it. In Italy, it is called panettone. I am looking forward to enjoying the hazelnut stollen on my upcoming cruise. :)

Can I just say everything?

I love the alfredo in the dining room, but it does not love me so I have it sparingly and only in appitizer portion (just ask for it).

Love the chilled fruit soups, even if everyone else at the table makes fun of me for it.

And the fresh baked goods for breaksfast with some fresh fruit.

Mike

Funny, on all the Princess cruises I have been on, I don't think I have had the alfredo fettucini, but I am going to make a point of having it in one of my upcoming cruises this fall. I love fettucini. I am also looking forward to having shrimp cocktail - lots of them!

Archived