What is the first food you look forward to eating on Princess?

Duck Duck Cruise

Ok...have to admit I never had or even saw the much raved about Fettucini Alfredo on Princess. Is it available on The Ruby and when or where do you get it....
BTW...My vote is for the Gelloto at the IC.... 3 large scoops for $1.25 you can't get much better then that

Goat Cheese Souflle ! YUMMY....

I agree!! My other thing is the prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches in the IC.

I just asked my husband the question. For him, it's the cold tamarind soup, baby lamb chops, and hearts of palm salad

I just asked my husband the question. For him, it's the cold tamarind soup, baby lamb chops, and hearts of palm salad

I just asked my husband the question. For him, it's the cold tamarind soup, baby lamb chops, and hearts of palm salad.

We will probably get flamed for this, but when I think of getting on a Princess cruise it is the pizza that makes my mouth water. We are pretty gourmet when it comes to dining, but given a choice at lunch (or for a snack) we just love Princess pizza (the best at sea).

Hank

I an similar to Hank. What i look forward to ... believe it or not .... is the hot dogs at the grill. For some reason I really like them. One reason is that we eat lunch at the grill on the embarkation day rather than the buffet or the MDR. So hot dogs are the official start of the voyage.

I always order and enjoy the starter of the alfredo.... then main courses scallops, anythings with shrimp, the prime rib and lobster.... and just about all the desserts.

I also like the pub lunch with a Guinness.

I try to order and generally enjoy food that I usually don't order at home like the beef wellington and lamb.

That yogurt tamarind soup is my favorite soup! I would have it every night if I could. It tastes far too good to be healthy (which Princess says it is). There's also an entree on the lunch menu (also labelled healthy) that is simply pasta with olive oil and (oh boy) butter, served with just red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. I make that one at home, but without the butter and it's not quite the same.

Spinach tortellini soup, their wonderful breads, and chocolate croissants! Oh gosh, I forgot about the escargot, the Eggplant Parmesan and scones at tea time. Love the rack of lamb, too.

Time to stop thinking about these things...I'm getting hungry!

The pizza,, I prefer the one with artichoke hearts,, or tomatoe and onion,, but they all are good. Princess does great pizza, no doubt about it.

I had a mushroom soup that was very very good on my last cruise,, not milkly white and flavourless like tinned mushroom soup,, no, it was a rich dark concoction that still makes my mouth water.

As a Meat-etarian, Prime rib sail away starts the week of right

followed later with 2 nights in the Crown Grill where I

enjoy the shrimp dishes with always (2) Filet Mignons

...and maybe a lobster tail. Gotta love that Crown Grill.

IC Chicken Salad, or maybe pizza for snacks....

Oh, and Fruit...more fruit than I usually have at home...awesome.

OK, now I'm hungry.

:cool:

Do they charge you extra if you order two filets? or two of the small lobster appitizers? this wil be our first time going to Crown Grill.. thanks!!

Chocolate croissants at breakfast and any cold soup they offer! Yum.

How could I have forgotten the cold "fruit" soups. I don't particularly like the other cold soups. The pizza, wow. The chocolate dessert they serve for b-day's and anniversaries. It is similar to the love boat dream, but just a little different.

chloe kitty

Even though I don't have to order sugar free (no sugar added) desserts, the mousses (chocolate, pistashio, strawberry, etc) are so good that I can't resist them.

I forgot about those,, I only liked the strawberry sugar free mousses,, and I was surprised at how good it was.

The first food I look forward to are those blueberry blintz things they have in the buffet when you first board. I don't really like to go to the buffet for lunch on embarkation day, but I love those little things! The first lunch on board before sailaway is great because you just know it is the start of a great vacation.

Me too! With sour cream. This was going to be my answer exactly!

I asked my husband. He loves the cold tamarind soup, hearts of palm salad in the HC, and baby lamb chops.

Archived