just back from Pacific B to b

Teresa Price

Hi, just a quick note to say what a wonderful time we had - Athens - Venice {Black Sea] then Venice - Rome [back this morning]. Can't praise the crew highly enough. Great little ship, fab captain and amazing cruise director. Weather was A1 and company grand.

Any questions I would be pleased to answer,

cheers Teresa

Hi Teresa

The Black Sea has always been one cruise I have wanted to do. Could you give us some highlights or low lights :) of that part of your trip. What type of cabin did you have and what if anything you would do or not do again if doing the same cruise.

Glad you had a great time.

Joe

We loved the Pacific Princess so much when we cruised on her in Alaska a couple years ago that we booked the Black Sea (Sept 2011) because of the ship (and the somewhat unusual itinerary). What was your favorite port/thing to do in port? Did you wander around on your own, book private excursions, or go with ship excursions? I hope you write a full review! The numbers are against those of us who want to hear all about the small ships:rolleyes:

Hi,

yes the Black Sea cruise was really interesting. Particularly liked Odessa and Yalta. Also went to Romania and Bulgaria then on to Istanbul. For any dolphin watchers out there we had never seen so many as we did in the Black Sea.

We had a balcony cabin on deck 6 for both cruises. There were no low points - well maybe 2 o'clock this morning when there was an electrical fault in the air con and the cabins on our deck got a little smelly [burning rubber]. But the captain came on and reassured everyone. Otherwise great entertainment considering no real theatre to perform in.

We didn't take any trips with the ship but found our own way about. The second cruise was Med. based but some great stops like Malta, Sorrento, Koper, Kotor and Split [to name a few]. We couldn't get into Monte Carlo due to high seas so we ended up in Cannes.

Anyway so good we would like to do both again but next year the Balck Sea isn't until September which is no good for me.

I should add that this was our first time back with Princess after 4 years. We were really impressed with the service and enjoyed the food. As 'Elite' on the Princess reward structure we really enjoyed getting the laundry done and I wouldn't be here now if we hadn't! Internet use also handy but slow as always at sea.

Cheers Teresa

. . . Anyway so good we would like to do both again but next year the Balck Sea isn't until September which is no good for me. . . .

Or me. Add it to a long list of good itineraries that are only offered when school is in session. Princess, why do you hate those of us in academia?

I was really disappointed to see that Sochi had been dropped after last summer, as that was going to be the highlight of the cruise for me. How did you like Constanta?

I have a couple of questions. I was wondering how to reserve loungers on the spa deck. Have read they can be reserved for the entire cruise or just for the day. Do you reserve them at the spa or the front desk? Are they very popular? Meaning do we need to head there right away? It sounds like you were pleased with the condition of the ship. I have a cruise booked for next year and have been a little concerned since she is an older ship and I have not found very many reviews. Do you have any photos of the ship inside that you could share? Thank you and so happy you enjoyed your cruise. Pam

Sorry, one more question. Do you know if the dividers between the balconies can be opened? I have three cabins in a row deck 7 port aft and am hoping we can have them opened so our family can visit. Have searched and googled and the have found conflicting answers. Thank you again. Pam

Hi,

the spa was $199 for the two of us for 12 days [we only did it on one of the cruises]. Booked as soon as we got on board. Great for days at sea.

I haven't any photos of the inside of the ship but there are some good ones on the board [can't remember where will have a think]. Condition of ship is fine - our sofa was looking tired but can't complain! Great library with the biggest paperback exchange I've seen! Plenty of board games etc.

rdsqrl - yes I agree! So glad we made the Black Sea this time.

Constansa - think I would do a ship's tour if here again. Not much to write home about!

Aiming to write a proper review at the weekend. Loved it so much though that have just booked b to b on Pacific again next year - Med and Holy Land. yes not cheap at all but surprisingly few balcony cabins left! Made two holding bookings onboard which gave us some onboard credit and a low deposit!

cheers Teresa

[

Aiming to write a proper review at the weekend. Loved it so much though that have just booked b to b on Pacific again next year - Med and Holy Land. yes not cheap at all but surprisingly few balcony cabins left! Made two holding bookings onboard which gave us some onboard credit and a low deposit!

cheers Teresa

Hi Theresa

I wonder when you are going, as we are on the July med sailing

Colin

Hi, just a quick note to say what a wonderful time we had - Athens - Venice {Black Sea] then Venice - Rome [back this morning]. Can't praise the crew highly enough. Great little ship, fab captain and amazing cruise director. Weather was A1 and company grand.

Any questions I would be pleased to answer,

cheers Teresa

Hi Teresa, taking this cruise 30 Oct and would like to know if they have a Captains Table, if so how much is the supplement and how far in advance can you book? Thanks

Hi guys,

Worly they had the chef's table and it cost $75 per person. Didn't do it was pushed to eat the normal dinner!

Colin - we are doing 30th July then 11th August.

Now I am just going to write that review!

Teresa

Shame...we're on before you. Will ensure we leave the ship tidy for you:D

Archived