Can your sea pass indicate no alcohol?

Big.Sis

SeaPasses now have a special design for youth under 21, it shows teens dancing around. Those 21 or above have the regular design, with light blue stripes.

I was never asked for ID, they accepted the 21 y.o. SeaPass with confidence, and I was not asked again by the same bartender.

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of bringing an older teen along. I want to make sure he can not order alcoholic drinks. Do they note this somehow on the sea pass?

We did the New Years cruise on the Independence and we had 6 teens in our group. The kids all had hole punches in their sea pass cards. My daughter lost hers and they did not hole punch her replacement card. And just a word of advice if the kids are looking for alcohol on the ship many seem to find it.

My girls met other teens who snuck alcohol on the ship and they said that many of the kids they met had access to alcohol via older friends, siblings, etc.

On the other side of that ..parents can sign a waiver (they must also be onboard of course) if they want to allow their just under 21's to be able to drink...

Only on certain cruises:

"Q: Why do I need a beverage waiver?

A: Effective as of all sailings commencing on or after July 28, 2006, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International ships is 21.

On cruises departing from European and South American countries, where the legal drinking age is typically lower than 21, a parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s) who is between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20 year old to consume alcoholic beverages. Please note: Waivers will be provided to parents upon check-in.

The 18- to 20 year-old must agree to comply with Royal Caribbean's policies, including among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this policy is subject to change without notice."

###

On the other side of that ..parents can sign a waiver (they must also be onboard of course) if they want to allow their just under 21's to be able to drink...

NO, they cannot unless the ship is sailing in Europe or some other country where the legal drinking age is lower than 21. :rolleyes: This policy has been in effect since 2006,so it is not a recent development. It is clearly spelled out in RCI's brochures and on their website.

NO, they cannot unless the ship is sailing in Europe or some other country where the legal drinking age is lower than 21. :rolleyes: This policy has been in effect since 2006,so it is not a recent development. It is clearly spelled out in RCI's brochures and on their website.

I was just on the Baltics cruise and mentioned it because this was the first time I had heard of this..Thanks to "all" of you and especially the ones that like to "highlight"..What would this board do without you :rolleyes:

there is also an 18 year break point for access to the late night clubs

DD turned 18 during the cruise and getting this changed was a big hassle as the 'policy' is age at date of sailing. We'd called and asked on the phone and told "no problem" .... hmmmm, don't believe that . . . it WAS a problem every night. It usually took 2 trips to "services desk" each night to get it resolved which ended with - WE PROMISE THIS WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM TOMORROW.

Guess what happened the next nite?

DD Didn't want to drink just go into the club with big sister . . .

It was just one of several examples of a phone call to RCCL indicating one policy, or willingness to bend the policy, while experience on the ship was FAR from as flexible.

I don't fault RCCL for enforcing the written policy. I blame them for ticket sales saying the policy will be flex'ble to get my dollars THEN finding that was a line . . .

We did the New Years cruise on the Independence and we had 6 teens in our group. The kids all had hole punches in their sea pass cards. My daughter lost hers and they did not hole punch her replacement card. And just a word of advice if the kids are looking for alcohol on the ship many seem to find it.

My girls met other teens who snuck alcohol on the ship and they said that many of the kids they met had access to alcohol via older friends, siblings, etc.

Sounds like the same thing that happens on land, too.:D

I was just on the Baltics cruise and mentioned it because this was the first time I had heard of this..Thanks to "all" of you and especially the ones that like to "highlight"..What would this board do without you :rolleyes:

Keep inaccurate information away from people who want to know the correct answer maybe?

Archived