what is this new price drop policy of RCI?

JokerABC

i read that confusing thread about price drops and what a waste of time.

so if i book a cruise and pay in full with my credit card, i can't get OBC now if the price drops for my particular category room? what the heck is RCI doing to their own loyal customers who book so far in advance? they are just shooting themselves with these stupid rules. can't bring wine on board, less perks for D+, etc etc

i read that confusing thread about price drops and what a waste of time.

so if i book a cruise and pay in full with my credit card, i can't get OBC now if the price drops for my particular category room? what the heck is RCI doing to their own loyal customers who book so far in advance? they are just shooting themselves with these stupid rules. can't bring wine on board, less perks for D+, etc etc

There are a ton of previous threads on this topic instead of me trying to explain it. Almost every senario is discussed in those threads that will answer your questions.

Its kind of interesting that RCI says they adjusted their price-drop policy because they "were out of line with their compeition." Wonder why they do not apply ths standard to other policies such as bringing wine aboard (HA and Princess have no problem with passengers bringing their own wine or non-alcohol drinks).

Hank

Its kind of interesting that RCI says they adjusted their price-drop policy because they "were out of line with their compeition." Wonder why they do not apply ths standard to other policies such as bringing wine aboard (HA and Princess have no problem with passengers bringing their own wine or non-alcohol drinks).

Hank

That's a very good point....

do you still get sr. or res. after final payment-or is the price drop for any reason affected?

No price adjustments after final if your booking was made after May 17th. Period. You may be able to upgrade to a better cabin if the price is lower than what you paid for yours. Good luck with that.

in such sad shape, the people who can cruise are keeping the entire industry "AFLOAT". With the policy of "no price adjustments after final payment" makes no sense why I would book now for next year. Even with balcony discounts for beng a D+, the cabin next to us on the Liberty (JS hump) for 8/29/10 sailing the passengers paid a whopping $600 less than us. Made me seriously regret not booking later (especially since the price went down so much a week after I booked and made final payment). In the future I am just going to keep my "eyes on the prize" and book when I feel the deal is a "good" one.

in such sad shape, the people who can cruise are keeping the entire industry "AFLOAT". With the policy of "no price adjustments after final payment" makes no sense why I would book now for next year. Even with balcony discounts for beng a D+, the cabin next to us on the Liberty (JS hump) for 8/29/10 sailing the passengers paid a whopping $600 less than us. Made me seriously regret not booking later (especially since the price went down so much a week after I booked and made final payment). In the future I am just going to keep my "eyes on the prize" and book when I feel the deal is a "good" one.

I'm looking at booking august next year . . . can you give me a hint when this price drop was? I haven't decided when is the best time to book. Much appreciated!!!

With the policy of "no price adjustments after final payment" makes no sense why I would book now for next year. .

2 reasons why it might still be advantageous to book now for next year:

1. Cabin selection. People who are picky about their cabin category and/or location may find they cannot get the cabin they desire if they don't book bar in advance.

2. Think about it.... If everyone decides to start waiting until closer to sail date to book, what do you think will happen when the final payment date draws near and people start booking like crazy? Prices will likely go UP for that particular sailing. It's supply and demand.

I'm looking at booking august next year . . . can you give me a hint when this price drop was? I haven't decided when is the best time to book. Much appreciated!!!

Prices will drop if and when the cruise line decides that they haven't sold enough cabins by a certain date prior to sailing. If you are looking at a cruise next year, the price may drop at some point, but this may be before or after the price dropped for someone else's cruise. Then again, the price of your cruise might also go UP. Or it could be that only certain cabin categories go up or down in price. It is all based on supply and demand.

Finally, the best time to book is when you see the cabin category you want, on the sailing you want, at a price you are comfortable with and are willing and able to pay. :)

Archived