Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Kim , I love your bathing suits and I also love the swim cover up !

Thanks, Sally. I really love my new blue suit, as well as the cayenne suit from Athleta. I brought another new suit but, didn't wear it. It's a FIRE purple tankini with gold hardware. Really cute. I'll see if I can find an online photo of it.

Kim,

Your Cozumel pictures made my heart happy. Wow, what incredible beauty; I agree!

It also made me smile to have you refer to your skirt as an African Anita. She should have sown in a label to that effect! So funny.

I have to go looking at Athleta for that particular rash guard; that looks like an incredibly versatile piece. So, I'm off to do some online shopping and hoping that wasn't last season or sold out. I'll be back!

… OH! before I go, I just wanted to say that I'm also in love with all my blue nail polish. I haven't found a blue shade that I DON'T love! LOL. Makes all those coral nail polishes seem mighty tame and boring by comparison.

Edited by Member123

Pam, your upcoming cruise sounds like a wonderful trip--Panama Canal with a Las Vegas bonus. These would all be new ports for me. I've never sailed from the West Coast. Maybe someday, but for now, it's not in my future, so we will take whatever and however much trip report you are willing to share.

My next trips are both in October and are land-based. Four days revisiting the Christmas Tree Farm in NC, then home to wash and reload the suitcases for a bus tour of fall foliage in WV. I may do a report of sorts on the bus/train tour, but the NC trip will mostly be a repeat of last year's report. Like you, I'll need to wait to see how many if any pictures are worth posting.

I like my blue toes, but what if the color scheme is mostly coral, red, and yellow based? If I wear those colors, I almost always need to change to coral or red polish, but if I'm wearing blue and/or green clothes, I'm fine with blue toes. DH is much more traditional and is sooo not a fan when I feel the need for green toes. Like Kermit, it's not easy being green, but occasionally, I must.

In going online to Athleta and searching like crazy, I located what they are calling the Scrunch Swim Dress. It's so different from Kim's! And I like Kim's so much better! The neckline is different; they've removed the zipper and put a scoop neck instead. The scrunching action is different; they've removed the scrunch from both sides and only have it on one side, instead. :(

But, the utility of it really appeals to me so I decided to order and see if I think the versatility would work for the upcoming cruise. Oh, the color availability is really, really different as well. I got to see Anita's Saffron Red in person, and we kind of thought that particular color was something that was workable for Fire (although probably more suited to Earth). It's not as bright as we Fire ladies actually need, but not absolutely muted… which is why we thought that maybe I could swing that color. The new Scrunch Swim Dress just doesn't come in the aqua or green color options. :(

We will see!

Debbie… don't care! Blue toes go with absolutely everything! It's just a happy, happy color. No, deep down I agree with you.. but only if it's formal night! Somehow formal night tends to make me want to be more color coordinated. But, I think you could rock blue toes with coral otherwise, no problem. :D

I know about the green. But I really liked my green toes with my lighter green nails. There was just something about it that appealed to me. And I agree with you; sometimes, you just need to branch out into the greens… notice what I did there?… branch out and green?!? Clever Girl. :eek:

I'm feeling sassy. Got myself a new haircut and, boy, does it feel lighter. Talked to my stylist about the idea of an undercut and he said that technique would be purrfect for my hair. Which begs the question as to why he never recommended it before? Anyway, thanks Anita… once again for bringing some forward fashion thinking to your Mom! Anyway, it's so different feeling cause it feels so much lighter and I really love it… so far. It's only been an hour though, so I must give it some time before i declare it a win, win, win.

Edited by Member123

Pam, I can see you in that haircut. Your stylist probably thought you wouldn't like that much length cut off...mine is very fashion forward, I have to rein her in [emoji6].

Did you get the awesome sale on Athleta? They seldom have one that good

I haven't talked to Mom yet, but Melody, the undercut is the shaved (not bald but very short) section at the top of your neck and the sort of underside of the back of your head's hair. The undercut reduces the amount of hair on the back of your head and for me, it makes the hair above hang better.

Edited to add: it's called an undercut because you can't see it unless you wear a pony tail or otherwise lift your hair.

Do you have that? Or are you just thinking about the front being longer than the back? Which my stylist calls a reverse bob?

I'm wondering because I'm in a debate as to how to maintain my undercut...I don't think that I dare to trim it myself (I do have hair clippers because I cut DH's hair and have for YEARS now) and I'm not sure about having DH do it...but I bet he could just fine...he deals with the clippers to trim his facial hair.

I just don't think that I want to have my whole head cut as often as I might like to refresh the undercut...

Edited by Anita Latte

Anita, my hair is undercut in back, close cut but not shaved (my hair grows too fast to try a shave style). I have a modified reverse bob, but I keep the back short as it gets too bulky otherwise. I get the back trimmed up about every 2-3 weeks & rest of it every 8-10 weeks. My stylist says, just bring me a coffee if you just want the "underbrush" trimmed up, lol. Melody

Ending up with the Cozumel pictodiary. I'll post a few other odd and ends FIRE clothing photos. I think I "might" be able to post the actual photos now that I reread Anita's instructions on how to with the 'mountain and moon" icon???

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv349%3C4%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E643%3E29264%3B773425%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39976%3Enu%3D3835%3E672%3E369%3E292667245%3A25%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B559%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E665%3E29264%3B775625%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv35866%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E673%3E29264%3B776425%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C%3B52%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E675%3E29264%3B776625%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36935%3Enu%3D3835%3E672%3E2%3C5%3E29266723%3B625%3Aot1lsi

Volunteering at the Cozumel Humane Society.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv38557%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E669%3E29264%3B775%3A25%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv342%3A2%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E66%3B%3E29264%3B775%3C25%3Aot1lsi

The Catholic church we always go to while on the island.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv38493%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E659%3E29264%3B774%3A25%3Aot1lsi

A little visited city on the island called :El Cedral"--the only other city on the island other than the main city of San Miguel.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A939%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E663%3E29264%3B775425%3Aot1lsi

And, the last 2 photos--another one of the East side of Cozumel and a sunset.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3874%3B%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E677%3E29264%3B776825%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv374%3C3%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E679%3E29264%3B776%3A25%3Aot1lsi

Going home.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv349%3B4%3Enu%3D3835%3E4%3B7%3E685%3E29264%3B777625%3Aot1lsi

We had a great 2 weeks. The weather was good, the diving was good, the food was good, the coconut ice cream was delicious, the people were lovely and we hope to go back again sooner than later!

Kim...awesome Pictodiary!

You look fab in your swimwear. Love all those colors on you.

I remember your rashguard from last summer. That's the one you had on the Debbie's brother's boat right? That was your bro, right Debbie? Anyway...totally remember our conversation all about it then because we all loved it.

Love the hat!

I'm thinking about a few sewing projects that I've had in mind...thinking about trying to get them done before our Sept cruise.

I think I might have finally landed on a good idea for my African fabric!! Will wait to share though...still working on the idea.

Loved seeing your pictures of Cozumel. There was a time when we had a joke in the family that our grandson was going to think that ALL cruise ships went to Cozumel! :D Your pictures brought back fantastic memories for me. Thank you!

So…. that yellow (goldenrod?) color looks absolutely amazing on you. Such a flattering effect on your skin. I don't know why I never considered that color, but now that I've seen it on you… it's definitely going on my bucket list.

And… kudos to you for coming home from two weeks in Cozumel… diving and beaching… without a sunburn! Nailed it!

Fun, fun pictodiary.

Kim...awesome Pictodiary!

You look fab in your swimwear. Love all those colors on you.

I remember your rashguard from last summer. That's the one you had on the Debbie's brother's boat right? That was your bro, right Debbie? Anyway...totally remember our conversation all about it then because we all loved it.

Love the hat!

I'm thinking about a few sewing projects that I've had in mind...thinking about trying to get them done before our Sept cruise.

I think I might have finally landed on a good idea for my African fabric!! Will wait to share though...still working on the idea.

Yep, same rash-guard :) I really do love it. In fact, when we went places and I had to leave it, say, when we were snorkeling and I had on my dice skin, I worried about it being stolen. Silly, huh? But, I love it so much and it's such a great color and versatile piece that I would be sick to lose it.

I've really tried to find good colors in my swimsuits. I have one more new one that I haven't worn yet. It's a great FIRE purple!

I would love to hear what your ideas are for your African fabric :)

Kim great job! You look like you're having so much fun! I may have to take up sewing again! Melody

Thanks, Melody. We really do love Cozumel and I kind of hate to say it but, we like to be away from the cruisers :eek: Does that make me a turncoat?????? It's much more peaceful and local when you get off the waterfront and into the 'hood.

Kim we go to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, I don't like crowds. Melody

Nachi Coccom has such a pretty beach. We used to go there before they turned it into an all-inclusive. Is it still a really pretty stretch of beach with nice water?

My first thought when seeing your husband was "he has coloring like my husband" who is an air. Here is a picture of my husband:

1bfbd376-194a-45c1-b9dd-e47296c25e4a_zpsoskbe7lb.jpg

You can't tell from this picture, but his eyes are blue. A very cool, clear blue.

Now I have to go back and read the pictodiary!!

Pam,

I was just reading some of the Serenade roll calls about our 'Code Red" status and saw that you posted on the cruise after ours. I completely forgot that you were going on that cruise. I'm a little worried about our as most all of February roll calls seem to be about theirs too. Our TA says not to worry, she thinks it's just book keeping and that the Code Red has been on most of these cruises since May 1. We've never encountered anything like this. I sure hope it doesn't get changed or cancelled :( Let's all hope for the best. If you should hear anything, will you let me know and I will do the same.

My first thought when seeing your husband was "he has coloring like my husband" who is an air. Here is a picture of my husband:

1bfbd376-194a-45c1-b9dd-e47296c25e4a_zpsoskbe7lb.jpg

You can't tell from this picture, but his eyes are blue. A very cool, clear blue.

Now I have to go back and read the pictodiary!!

Laurie, I think my DH is an AIR too, I just wanted to get some other opinions.Thanks for yours :) My DH has really clear beautiful blue eyes too. In the pictodiary I think he looks really good in the gray shirt as well as the navy rashguard. Maybe I can get him to do an "eye" photo too like your DH :) We'll see.

Margaret,

I'm so glad you are reading and enjoying :) Maybe I posted the wrong link-- try this:

https://plus.google.com/photos/106816041713365180641/albums/6055379437698967089?authkey=CP6doaLU-9rVuQE

Let me know if this works, ok?

I know this is an old post but I just stumbled in - loved your Tanzania pictures! My husband was in the Selous in 1988 and we were in Botswana in 2010. After seeing your pics we want to go back. Here is a link to some of our Botswana pics:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=EAA3DB2F5F32DB6%21132&cid=0EAA3DB2F5F32DB6&group=0