Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

CBP...I wish I had a more fun "name" with which to address you!

Have you ever worn SILVER jewelry? I thought the gold was a bit of stand out (not quite blending)...

You gave me such great material to work with...

I hope this gives you a good Ah-Ha!

And keep in mind...a bit of a hint of what Mom (Member123, Pam) was talking about...there seems to be colors that are "better" for everyone within the general parameters of temperature/clarity...in your case...Air...cool/muted.

Thank you so much Anita, your help is very much appreciated; when I reviewed my pics, my favourite was the 'Watermelon' one - now I know why. I bought that sweater off the local kijiji site (sort of like craigslist) - it is a lovely Roots sweater - and only cost me $10 CAD (I love bargains - we often buy at thrift shops).

I have always loved blues and grays - my husband always comments on how nice my eyes look when I wear those colors.

The purples are fairly new for new - there were a lot of them in the stores and I really liked them. I also have a nice spring jacket in that color and a beautiful scarf that I wear with it.

I also have quite a few off-white tops that I wear with scarves. I won't purge my closet of the bad colors - but will try to wear scarves to improve the look - especially when I wear black.

Silver: I don't really have anything silver, OTOH I thought my Lapis necklace suited me.

('Fun name': You could shorten Perchance to 'Per'....I used to be ~5'2", now I'm 5'1"....and shrinking, so 'Per' might just end up as 'P')

Hi Per :)

I have a few thoughts here--

1. welcome to the scary eye club online version

2. your "study" for your colors was AWESOME!

3. I love your sense of humor

4. you look great in the blue shirt with your granddaughters, they're adorable

5. please hang around and chat even though you are an AIR on the FIRE and

EARTH threads

Debbie,

Quite interesting about the 12 season idea. I can see how your favorite colors might skew a little differently than say mine. I'd be curious as to what I might be in the Spring section. I feel like I look better in the brighter bolder FIRE colors.

I did a quick photo shoot of my FIRE tops. They seem to run the gamut from light to dark. Anita, you will have a heart attack when you see my closet since you have Kon-Marie"d yours (I think we should now use that as a verb, don't you?).

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B948%3Enu%3D3837%3E442%3E4%3C3%3E29284425%3B425%3Aot1lsi

Greens--there are 2 at the far left that are not FIRE but, they are my KU shirts and I wear them with pride :) There's also a green short sleeved jacket that looks more AIR in the photo. I didn't really see that IRL but, I'm leaning towards it going now :(

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv365%3C9%3Enu%3D3837%3E442%3E547%3E292844263825%3Aot1lsi

Per...

I totally agree with the Lapis necklace! I believe you are referring to the blue beaded necklace in the granddaughter photo? Beautiful.

Unless you have a reason to purge your closet...there isn't a need to do a complete overhaul of your wardrobe. Many of us have as time goes by...and seek to make new purchases (or new to us purchases ;)) in "our colors." The thing is to learn and then manipulate the information for the times when we would really care to look our best.

And possibly understand why we may get more compliments in certain outfits/colors and feel that we don't quite look great in others.

Great photos Kim! There were a couple in there that I was like...yes, FINALLY, people can see what Fire colors really look like.

People rarely seem to purchase those colors...so they are pretty rare to find for the test photos.

Exciting to read Debbie! I haven't taken the time to experiment with my makeup some more. I want to because I would like to be able to add that little pick me up to my look more often...but I need some practice! And to feel more comfortable with the result so that I don't feel "painted."

And I'm so glad you made mention of how Per reminds you of your Mom and her coloring. All of this is just making judgments from analyzing what we have available...and hoping that we are seeing a good representation of reality so that we can get to the same conclusion from different paths of analysis.

The whole multiple witnesses being true kind of thing...

And I just want to thank you Per because I really do know the effort involved in doing what you did. And it was so fun to see on this side of the cyberworld. I also really enjoyed the process. Posting your photos the way you did was really good too. That really worked well.

Per...just wanted to point out to you.

Helen Mirren is a GORGEOUS Air. And I love her!! At least...I really enjoy most characters she portrays in her work. Anyway...your coloring reminds me a lot of her! Check her out for some ideas of flattering Air colors. She doesn't always dress in Air, but she does tend to wear Air more than other colors. You can see what is most flattering and get some ideas.

https://www.google.com/search?q=helen+mirren&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=775&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI9N_7v-KcxwIVDJ-ACh2mKQZB

Hi Per :)

I have a few thoughts here--

1. welcome to the scary eye club online version

2. your "study" for your colors was AWESOME!

3. I love your sense of humor

4. you look great in the blue shirt with your granddaughters, they're adorable

5. please hang around and chat even though you are an AIR on the FIRE and

EARTH threads

Thanks Joby - and everyone else for making me feel so welcome. I will continue to post here and on the earth threads - you are such a great group - hope to meet at least a few of you on future cruises\travel.

Our next trip is in late Oct - we'll spend a week in Genoa (do a few day trips), then take a bus to Marseilles for a 9 night cruise on the CDF Horizon.

2qw1jjl.jpg

We did a transatlantic on this ship in April, from Santo Domingo to Barcelona - loved the ship - so we booked the Med cruise and another transatlantic for spring 2016.

Per...just wanted to point out to you.

Helen Mirren is a GORGEOUS Air. And I love her!! At least...I really enjoy most characters she portrays in her work. Anyway...your coloring reminds me a lot of her! Check her out for some ideas of flattering Air colors. She doesn't always dress in Air, but she does tend to wear Air more than other colors. You can see what is most flattering and get some ideas.

https://www.google.com/search?q=helen+mirren&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=775&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI9N_7v-KcxwIVDJ-ACh2mKQZB

I think she is gorgeous - I often search for flattering hair styles (my hair is so thin and fine) and usually pick hers from the pics. I always had long hair when I was young - gradually going shorter and shorter. It is hard to describe what I am looking for when I go for a haircut - I should just show that link to my hair dresser. Thank you

Mom is doing ok...I still have to do the housework, laundry and help her bath. It is a special time for us and I really don't mind it at all!

Dad is having cataract surgery next week at age 93...other eye following week... So I'm driving him to his doctors appointments and surgery. I know my time with both of them is limited and I am going to be there for them.

Hi snuggles - my mom will be 85 this month and my dad will be 90 in Dec. Both have had cataract surgery - with excellent results. We live about 60 miles away and visit once a week. My sister (a retired nurse), lives with them and my brother lives about 10 minutes away. Dad is in excellent health but mom is not doing very well. We visited them today - as we were leaving - mom said "I am not afraid of dying, I am afraid of living like this too much longer". It is very hard for my sister - and dad is stubborn - refuses help - but he does 'let' my brother cut the grass and shovel the snow in the winter. Up until just a couple of years ago he would still climb up a ladder and clean out the eaves trough. Last time we were there we did a bit of cleaning - said we'll be back next week to do some more - so dad said he would come the next day and clean our place.

Hey Ladies!

I was in Target yesterday...I confirmed that the "Winter Green" color IS a Fire color. I bought the tank a while back, hoping that it wouldn't be too bright...alas...it was...and it looked FANTASTIC on Mom.

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-favorite-slub-tank-merona/-/A-16751928#prodSlot=large_1_8

It's a great color. I would have to describe it as Fire TEAL. It is NOT aqua...it has way more green in it than your typical aqua...but it is still firmly in that blue/green family.

I kept it because it was so cheap and it will be a great layering piece for me as a first layer with a more Earth color on top.

I tried to take some photos so that you could get an idea of what the color is like IRL. (I also thought this might help anyone that is trying to train their eye...since it's been a while since we've had conversations like this and we have several new voices in our conversation).

I pictured it with one of my Earth shirts that people might remember that is brown and blue:

P1100544_zpsqs7qi4ru.jpg

So you can see how there is more green in the tank on the left...the "Winter Green" tank. The capris at the bottom are "sand" from Cache...a really clear kind of tan/khaki.

Here I swapped out a tank that I wear A LOT. I think this is what I was wearing when I showed off my new hair cut. Mom will remember this tank from the Terrace Bar on Allure (I wore it with the coral/blue/black print maxi and the coral scarf):

P1100546_zpswq98a9kj.jpg

So this is a great example of a similar color in a Fire version and an Earth version.

And just because I didn't feel like I was really capturing the color well in the other photos...I tried again with my new sunglasses!:

P1100547_zpsefd4flxk.jpg

The sunglasses are a great example of how accessories can swing both ways...and work well for either Fire or Earth...IMO.

Anyway...if you compare my photos to the Target photo...you can see how color can vary in photographs.

Debbie...I don't know if this color is "light" enough for you. I feel like it may be akin to your scarf in depth, but maybe a bit more intense. Maybe not as soft?

If anyone like to layer up...wear tanks under cardigans/jackets/hoodies...or tanks alone...I highly recommend this unique color. In my local Target, they are on sale for $5.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A5%3C2%3Enu%3D3837%3E442%3E537%3E292844262825%3Aot1lsi

P1100547_zpsefd4flxk.jpg

Doing this because I can! LOL!

Just wanted to try to show how this tank is not aqua...

Kim...I can't place it on the Fire color cards...but I know it's Fire. It looks closest to that tee with the blue and yellow/green design at the neckline...but I think it has even more green in it than that one.

And for our AIR friends...

This Navy is AIR:

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-favorite-tank-merona/-/A-16751924#prodSlot=_1_9

There are several shirt styles in the store in this color right now. Short sleeved tees, camis, etc. I wanted it to be Earth navy...I REALLY wanted it to be Earth navy...alas...no such luck. It aged me horribly when I held it up to me...and then when I took it away and revealed the Earth shirt I was wearing...my skin magically morphed into a lovely (if I say so myself) healthy glow that appeared 5-10 years younger...

Also...there was a lot of versions of "Marsala" (Pantone's 2015 color of the year) and "Dried Herb"...and most were AIR...they did not make ME glow and they weren't clear.

Looking at the Pantone colors for Fall 2015, I think that the navy in the store is a representation of "Reflecting Pond."

Get 'em while you can! This should be a great season for AIR to stock up on some great basics in non-gray.

Hey, Anita… do you remember how different all of our color cards were at the Meet 'n Greet? I swear… that Target top looks like it would blend right in with a color labeled Medium Yellow Green. In Kim's pictures, it's the first full color block… upper left corner, starting off the green, yellow, orange, red block. My cards have that block looking like the green, yellow, mustard, deep warm pink block.

Need to head off and see that color in person. Wonder if it would work with any of my green animal skirts?… or my blue/green skirt with the yellow/green palm frond pattern? It'll be fun to take a look and find out because I'd really love to brighten up the feel of those skirts as an outfit, KWIM?

I admit to thinking that Curt didn't have a lot of color control on his printouts for those color cards. But, lately, I've had a flickering thought that MAYBE Curt really had a more sophisticated system, and he was showing us more of the color variations that would be best for each of us, individually. I wonder which thought is more factual?

Debbie. Thank you for all the thoughts you express on here! Much appreciated.

Hey, Debbie….

Reporting back on Purple Sparkle.

Not. So. Much.

It was impossible for me to tell if the color was warm or cool, just looking at it. I put on the dress and, seriously, it just puzzled me. I thought the color looked more warm than cool; my DH wouldn't look especially good in it, I thought. So I took a picture and it was terrible. terrible. terrible. Made me look like I'd already had my birthdays for years to come! <ugh>

Frustrating. :confused:

So everything in that order is going back! Returning two tops and one dress. There are two good things about having to return these items. There is a Williams-Sonoma and a Sur la Table at the mall location. I look fabulous in all things "kitchen." So. There.

Edited by Member123
just frustrated

Aww, bummer, Pam. To be honest, I'm beginning to think the color we think of as a good FIRE color isn't a color that I like. Not all sure, as Anita says, but pretty all sure.

I like Light Summer's purples. This may just be where I cheat a little. My amethyst ring is the color I shoot for and lighter variations of amethyst the stone.