Thinking of Cruising in Oct. Need some help

We are thinking of doing a last minute 3 day out of Cape Canaveral on the Monarch this Friday-Mon (1st-4th). It is suppose to rain in the Bahamas the whole cruise. What do you guys think? We have only cruised in May so I need some opinions.

Will we miss Cococay if it is raining?

Also we have only cruised Carnival so not really sure what to expect.

Any help will be appreciated.

We are thinking of doing a last minute 3 day out of Cape Canaveral on the Monarch this Friday-Mon (1st-4th). It is suppose to rain in the Bahamas the whole cruise. What do you guys think? We have only cruised in May so I need some opinions.

Will we miss Cococay if it is raining?

Also we have only cruised Carnival so not really sure what to expect.

Any help will be appreciated.

What does the price look like if you do not mind me asking??? Honestly for a good deal, i would go for it, just me, but thats how much I love cruising.

What does the price look like if you do not mind me asking??? Honestly for a good deal, i would go for it, just me, but thats how much I love cruising.

Same here :)

I like sitting in the Viking Crown lounge and watch it rain.

With that price, now your tempting me to look at it :)

Same here :)

With that price, now your tempting me to look at it :)

It looks like you took this cruise in July, and have been on RCI a lot. I am not looking for a guarantee for sun. Rain doesn't bother me and we will still get off the ship in Nassau even if it is raining. I was just curious if rainy weather had any effect on the trip i.e. not tendering to Cococay.

I have never cruised during Hurricane season and was looking for people that had to give me some advise or tell me their experiences...

It looks like you took this cruise in July, and have been on RCI a lot. I am not looking for a guarantee for sun. Rain doesn't bother me and we will still get off the ship in Nassau even if it is raining. I was just curious if rainy weather had any effect on the trip i.e. not tendering to Cococay.

I have never cruised during Hurricane season and was looking for people that had to give me some advise or tell me their experiences...

Nobody can tell you for sure if you will miss a port due to bad weather. It has happened to me more than once cruising during the fall. I say if you don't mind the rain then go for it.

They will give you your money back if it rains on the cruise. Part of the new "Sunshine Guarantee" program...

What are you talking about??:confused:? I think maybe you're confusing it with another line.......just like when you said at muster,they dont give directions or instructions.............maybe they dont on Carnival,but they sure do on RCCL

To the OP,you still may go to CocoCay if its not raining all that much..besides,its the tropics.......doesnt mean it will rain all day

So do we. On our last cruise, we happened to be up there and were watching as a "scattered rainshower" approached and swept across the ship. I saw it coming and said to DH "Oh, watch this...it is going to be like watching an ant hill you poke with a stick".:p

Sure enough, the shower hit and everyone on the deck chairs around the pool scrambled for cover! Two minutes later the shower had passed and they returned to their seats. We laughed so hard the whole time! :D:D

Sometimes the best entertainment is free.

Ok, so I just booked! Very excited. This is the last time off we will have for a long time b/c we are both going back to school so that was part of my hesitation.

I figured who cares if the weather is bad, it will be bad on a cruise, in the Bahamas and this way we will get a past guest rate when we do the Alaska cruisetour in a few years :)

As others have said, the only effect would be Cococay. If it was raining in Nassau, I would get off just like you. If it was raining in Cococay, I wouldn't bother. We've been stuck on the island when it rained pretty hard and it wasn't that fun.

I wouldn't worry about hurricane season too much. 90% of our cruises are during hurricane season.

So do we. On our last cruise, we happened to be up there and were watching as a "scattered rainshower" approached and swept across the ship. I saw it coming and said to DH "Oh, watch this...it is going to be like watching an ant hill you poke with a stick".:p

Sure enough, the shower hit and everyone on the deck chairs around the pool scrambled for cover! Two minutes later the shower had passed and they returned to their seats. We laughed so hard the whole time! :D:D

Sometimes the best entertainment is free.

Seen it many times ourselves :D

Ok, so I just booked! Very excited. This is the last time off we will have for a long time b/c we are both going back to school so that was part of my hesitation.

I figured who cares if the weather is bad, it will be bad on a cruise, in the Bahamas and this way we will get a past guest rate when we do the Alaska cruisetour in a few years

Have a great trip. I don't think you regret it.

If the rain is due to a tropical system, then it's quite likely it will rain ALOT...not the way I want to spend a vacation! I cruise for sunshine....if I want rain, I'll stay home!

Now, if there's no tropical system, rain showers come and go...but if you're talking about THIS October, there is alot of tropical activity going on out there, so odds are great that you'll be rained on with little sunshine!

There is a tropical depression right now, forecast to become a tropical storm, headed toward south Florida and Bahamas - means lots of rain and windy. But weather reports are currently saying it should be out of there before Friday; so you might even get lucky and have really nice post-storm sunshine.

I figured who cares if the weather is bad, it will be bad on a cruise, in the Bahamas and this way we will get a past guest rate when we do the Alaska cruisetour in a few years :)

Not sure what you mean by a "past guest rate"...but Royal doesn't really have any specials for previous cruisers until you reach the Platinum level in the Crown & Anchor program...that's after you have 5 cruise credits..and then it's only a discount if you book a balcony or higher...

Archived