Epic - Moderno

TITISSA

Yes and they serve 8 types of delicious meats until you can't eat anymore for only $18.

The bacon-wrapped chicken is delicious (yes they have chicken in a churrascaria, lol).

The salad bar is out of this world, too. My girlfriend loved it.

Edited by DiverDude305

We loved Moderno. The salad bar is incredible (I had mine after I was done with meat), plus they bring out beans, rice, french fries and deep fried bananas to the table as other side dishes. The garlic beef and the Filet were my favorites. The chicken dishes were good, but the beef was great.

For those who love Moderno...

News is that NCL will be rolling this restaurant out to the rest of the fleet in the future. Speculation is that it will take the place of the Tex-Mex restaurants.

Additionally, another dining option is about to be released. For those who love Moderno's salad bar...it will soon be available as a dining option all on its own.

News is that NCL will be rolling this restaurant out to the rest of the fleet in the future. Speculation is that it will take the place of the Tex-Mex restaurants.

Additionally, another dining option is about to be released. For those who love Moderno's salad bar...it will soon be available as a dining option all on its own.

I sure hope this is true. The Tex-Mex and Tapas restaurants have been the low dining point of my previous cruises.

Take care,

Mike

I haven't tried Moderno yet but I can't wait. Every review I have read about this restaurant has been great and folks really seem to love it. Great news and a good move from NCL to replace the Tex Mex with Moderno on other ships in the fleet.

exactly..take your time. Whatever you do, don't start eating the cheese bread balls. They will fill you up and you'll hate yourself for not being able to stop. :) I started with a little bit of salad (the tomato/cucumber salad and a couple others) on a small plate, and then went back for more at the end of my meal.

Another hint - they start out with the cheaper cuts of meat. There are a couple of chicken dishes, some sausages, some ribs, a lamb shank, etc. before getting into the good stuff. Pace yourself early.

exactly..take your time. Whatever you do, don't start eating the cheese bread balls. They will fill you up and you'll hate yourself for not being able to stop. :) I started with a little bit of salad (the tomato/cucumber salad and a couple others) on a small plate, and then went back for more at the end of my meal.

Another hint - they start out with the cheaper cuts of meat. There are a couple of chicken dishes, some sausages, some ribs, a lamb shank, etc. before getting into the good stuff. Pace yourself early.

Do they start serving meat to everyone in the same order or is it whatever meat they happen to be serving when you are seated? Example if your reservation was at 8:00 pm and mine was at 8:15 pm - and they started at the beginning with you, but my first offering would be whatever type of meat they were bringing around at 15 minutes later or would we both have the same first offering? Hopefully that was understandable. :D

Okay, so I'm reading this and since I love the Churrascaria and it doesn't sound like the ones I'm familiar with. Do they not walk around with the meat on swords and cut off pieces. Somone mentioned they start out with chicken, sausage, ribs. Do not serveral waiters wander around the room with various stuff all the time? If I have a plate of stuff and the lamb guy walks by I might not want that at that moment, but I'd like the opportunity to have him come by again at some point in the evening.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Another hint - hold the menu back - don't give it back - keep it on table so you can keep track on what meats you've had, you're being offered, and you've not had.

Okay, so I'm reading this and since I love the Churrascaria and it doesn't sound like the ones I'm familiar with. Do they not walk around with the meat on swords and cut off pieces. Somone mentioned they start out with chicken, sausage, ribs. Do not serveral waiters wander around the room with various stuff all the time? If I have a plate of stuff and the lamb guy walks by I might not want that at that moment, but I'd like the opportunity to have him come by again at some point in the evening.

It doesn't matter when you get there - whatever meat they bring out is served to all - in no particular order.

If you want a repeat of certain meat do feel free to ask for it. They will get someone from kitchen to bring out your fave cut.

We LOVED Moderno - really enjoyable experience with excellent staff.

We ate there twice.

I was telling my husband about this restaurant today and we are really looking forwards to going there when we sail on the Epic next summer. Not seen a restaurant like this in our neck of the woods. Sounds perfect for a low carb high protein dieter like me!

To truly enjoy and appreciate Moderno, make sure you are HUNGRY when you go there - and take your time :)

Hope the next leg of your journey after your B2B went well.

Thanks to your suggestion, we had a delightful dinner served by Ralucca in Moderno. Turned out we had met her previously on the Sun.

sdmike, we just jumped in with the meat that was going around. Our first offering, in fact, was the filet mignon.

Totally enjoyed the whole evening including the salad bar.:D

BTW, you can ask for rare meat and they will go into the galley to get you that if what's on the skewers isn't rare enough.

Hope the next leg of your journey after your B2B went well.

Thanks to your suggestion' date=' we had a delightful dinner served by Ralucca in Moderno. Turned out we had met her previously on the Sun.

[/quote']

Glad you enjoyed your dinner in Moderno.

Yes, the other part went very well with continued good weather. I agree with some of the comments you made at the time. In comparison Epic wins by a landslide (especially food and service).

Are you going on the Dawn repo this coming Sunday?

Edited by boeckli

Can you get the Moderno salad bar at Cagney's?

The salad bar is NOT included in the price of or menu of Cagney's...it is strictly a part of the Moderno Restaurant.

That said...It is the unofficial policy in Cagney's to allow guests who ask to use the Moderno salad bar.

Pace yourself is a great suggestion and go hungry. Also, what I did was flip my coin from green (keep offering me meat) over to red (stop offering) from time to time just to take a break. Worked out well for me.

The salad bar is NOT included in the price of or menu of Cagney's...it is strictly a part of the Moderno Restaurant.

That said...It is the unofficial policy in Cagney's to allow guests who ask to use the Moderno salad bar.

Thanks SeaShark!