Carnival boarding pass

It was pretty evident to me about the boarding pass when I completed my registration.

Even if you don't, it is my understanding that they will print you one at check-in anyway. Anyway, that's what my PVP told me as I've been known to forget my "stuff".

It was pretty evident to me about the boarding pass when I completed my registration.

Even if you don't, it is my understanding that they will print you one at check-in anyway. Anyway, that's what my PVP told me as I've been known to forget my "stuff".

i did mine weeks ago, i'm that way, and never saw it!!! it wasn't even on the list.

they should have made it more noticable. just sayin!

i have alerted my fellow travelers of the new change.

but wanted to let others know (newbies)

thanks for the info, tho.

JUST TALKED TO MY PVP ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO, AND HE DIDN'T MENTION A WORD!

WAS THIS JUST THE LAST 2 DAYS?

I ALSO DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL, PHONE CALL, NADA.

KINDA MAKES YOU CRAZY!:eek:

Oh wow! DH got a phone call several weeks ago about it and we cruise next weekend.

The old fun pass print out is the new boarding pass right .. same same?? There is no longer a fun pass.

PS I cruised just last week, so instead of printing out the old fun pass ... printed off the boarding pass when it asked me if I wanted to print it out.

Nothing else required, just the boarding pass. I think some people here are confused .. its one thing still to print out..its more of a name change than anything else.. lets clear up this confusion. (there have been numerous threads about the name change)

The old fun pass print out is the new boarding pass right .. same same?? There is no longer a fun pass.

PS I cruised just last week, so instead of printing out the old fun pass ... printed off the boarding pass when it asked me if I wanted to print it out.

Nothing else required, just the boarding pass. I think some people here are confused .. its one thing still to print out..its more of a name change than anything else.. lets clear up this confusion. (there have been numerous threads about the name change)

That's exactly right, they changed the fun pass to a boarding pass. It's just a name change from fun pass to boarding pass. If you printed it out while it was still named fun pass, you'll still get on the ship! It's the same thing! The only part they're interested in is your booking ID number, that's what identifies you in their system.

I printed the funpass a few weeks ago and read on CC about the change to the boarding pass, so I just printed out the boarding pass. I am glad I read the information on here because we did not receive anything from Carnival stating this change. So thanks for the heads of CC!!!

I printed the funpass a few weeks ago and read on CC about the change to the boarding pass, so I just printed out the boarding pass. I am glad I read the information on here because we did not receive anything from Carnival stating this change. So thanks for the heads of CC!!!

yeah, me too, nothing about "BOARDING PASS", til i read it on here, and went back in and printed it.

i printed the fun pass too!

thanks for the reply!

I think the confusion comes because Carnival still refers to it as a FunPass.

But yes boarding pass is all that is needed.

Right now, either the "Fun Pass", or the "Boarding Pass" will work. If you have one, or the other, don't worry about it. If you're sailing soon, and printed out your docs some time ago, you've probably got the Fun Pass. You can go back in now, if you're worried about it, and print the Boarding Pass, but to reiterate, either of them will get you aboard the ship.

"SKY"

The only reason for having either one of them is to get past the initial security person and in the door. Once you begin the check in process they never look at them. It is not anything to worry about unless they have changed something in the past month or so.

Having a stupid moment, the ex Fun pass is now the Boarding pass, so if someone printed out their FUN passes several weeks ago for an upcoming cruise, they need to go back and reprint them as BOARDING passes? Just want clarification, saw that one of my roll call buddies had already printed their FUN pass and if they need to reprint, I need to let them know.

Thanks so much for that explanation! My understanding at first was to print the Fun Pass, and now you also have to print a Boarding Pass. But actually - Fun Pass is now called Boarding Pass! Gah, did I just confuse everybody else??! LOL

Thanks so much for that explanation! My understanding at first was to print the Fun Pass, and now you also have to print a Boarding Pass. But actually - Fun Pass is now called Boarding Pass! Gah, did I just confuse everybody else??! LOL

YEAH, HUH?????!!!!!!

according to what i am understanding, a few weeks ago, it changed, they ADDED the BOARDING PASS.

i printed out 4 or 5 weeks ago, maybe longer, right after i paid the balance.

i always do that.

i went back in yesterday, and it has the boarding pass now.

sorry if i confused everyone with this post, but ya, know, i didn't start the confusion, carnival did!!! lol

no harm done, as far as i can see!!!:confused:

a

When we were going through the pre-embarkation process this past Monday before boarding the Fantasy, there were people using just the Fun Pass and others using just the Boarding Pass. Of course some had both. My DW and i were in this latter catagory. Bottom line- You can use either one to get ya on the ship.

I received an email from Carnival the day before we sailed. Luckily we hadn't left so I saw the email. However, I had already printed all my docs so it didn't matter. It just seemed like they waited kinda late to be sending that info out considering most people like to get to the departure city the day before embarkation.

As someone previosly said, it's necessary to get you in the terminal. It's no different than having a confirmation for a plane ticket or a hotel reservation. I can't imagine showing up to the terminal without proof you are supposed to be there.

1sttimecruiser52 will be going on her very first cruise March 19th, 2011 on the Carnival Liberty out of Miami. Anyone else setting sail at that time???:D I can't wait to fly and sail!!!!
How soon before your cruise do they send you your documents???

Archived