Emerald Princess in St. Thomas...which port?

kymbakitty

Is there any way to know in advance which port a Princess ship will dock in St. Thomas? We are really hoping to stop at the Havensight Mall dock (looking for something that we bought when we were there in March of this year)....but a friend of mine that just returned from a 10 day caribbean cruise (on same ship) told me they were at the other port.

Is there any way to know in advance?

Counting down.....19 days to go!

:)

Look at this schedule:

type into the url: vi now dot com but all one word and substitute the dot for a period... Then click on cruise ship schedule.

I believe I read that if the Oasis is in town the same day, they may swap places with Princess and dock at Havensight as the Oasis can't dock at Havensight.

It is very rare anymore for a Princess ship to dock at Havensight, it is usually the new pier. Just take one of the taxis or shuttles over to Havensight, it isn't that far.

I know it's not that far Toto...that really isn't an issue. We are wondering for other purposes.

We stopped there in March on the Grand Princess...so I was surprised that the Emerald did not stop there for their cruise.

No biggie...just curious.

;)

Look at this schedule:

http://www.**********/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php

I believe I read that if the Oasis is in town the same day, they may swap places with Princess and dock at Havensight as the Oasis can't dock at Havensight.

Thanks Coral!!!! This is great info...exactly what I needed.

Just love this board....

I know it's not that far Toto...that really isn't an issue. We are wondering for other purposes.

We stopped there in March on the Grand Princess...so I was surprised that the Emerald did not stop there for their cruise.

No biggie...just curious.

;)

We have stopped at St. Thomas on several different ships the last 4 or 5 years, and we haven't docked once at Havensight in that time. We used to love docking at Havensight as we could pop on and off the ship after shopping. Unfortunately, it has been at least 5 years since the last time we did, was what I was trying to explain. I think you got very lucky in March.

Ugg - type in this url but in one word - vi now dot com and then click on cruise ship schedule. Substitute the dot for a period.

No problem...when I saw the "*"...I just typed in the rest of the url in google and it came up.

That's really all I needed...thanks for sending that to me!

Dawn

We have stopped at St. Thomas on several different ships the last 4 or 5 years, and we haven't docked once at Havensight in that time. We used to love docking at Havensight as we could pop on and off the ship after shopping. Unfortunately, it has been at least 5 years since the last time we did, was what I was trying to explain. I think you got very lucky in March.

Strange, we've never stopped anywhere but Havensight! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This is one of the ports where I can get wifi for $10 or so. Anywhere else in the world, it would be RIDICULOUS to pay $10 for a couple of hours....but you feel like you hit paydirt to get this when you are on a cruise--ha!!!! It was very fast too...right off the ol' balcony! Actually, I didn't even need to be on the balcony....

Have not been to Havensight in a loooong time. :(

Princess might stop in Havensight, but only if another Princess ship (or RCCL Oasis, I think) is in Crown Bay.

It's absolutely not about space at Havensight ... In July our Caribbean Princess was docked at Crown Bay even though there were no other ships that day in St Thomas!

Princess has an agreement with St Thomas Port Authority to dock at CB at least one ship, to help develop this area.

And... there is nothing wrong with CB by the way. :)

Princess might stop in Havensight, but only if another Princess ship (or RCCL Oasis, I think) is in Crown Bay.

It's absolutely not about space at Havensight ... In July our Caribbean Princess was docked at Crown Bay even though there were no other ships that day in St Thomas!

Princess has an agreement with St Thomas Port Authority to dock at CB at least one ship, to help develop this area.

And... there is nothing wrong with CB by the way. :)

Did someone say there is something wrong with CB? I don't think so.

The question was merely "which port"?

????

We were on the Ruby last March and docked at Havensight ... but we docked at the other pier (name??) last August on the Emerald...few shops there.

The shuttle into town from the "other" pier was $4. Really not impressed with the street (more like a wide alley) of shops in town...much prefer Havensight.

Did someone say there is something wrong with CB? I don't think so.

The question was merely "which port"?

????

I thought

We are really hoping to stop at the Havensight Mall dock (looking for something that we bought when we were there in March of this year).

Strange, we've never stopped anywhere but Havensight! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This is one of the ports where I can get wifi for $10 or so. Anywhere else in the world, it would be RIDICULOUS to pay $10 for a couple of hours....but you feel like you hit paydirt to get this when you are on a cruise--ha!!!! It was very fast too...right off the ol' balcony! Actually, I didn't even need to be on the balcony....

We managed to stop at Havensight last Jan on the Grand & that was the first time there in probably 4 years and many Princess trips. You can't go by the info posted on the Virgin Islands dock schedule...they change things at the last minute.

Check with you waiter or cabin steward for the free wifi places - the crew always knows where all the free good spots are.

On the Emerald B2B in 2009, we docked once at CB and once at Havensight. Last year on the Ruby B2B, we did the same. As others have said, it depends on what other ships are in port (Oasis always trumps; last year it was there on Tuesdays). The website (above) had stated we would be at CB once when we ended up at Havensight. Even the PSD folks were telling us the wrong thing...it was our Port and Shopping person onboard who knew for certain.

I thought :)

Yes....we do want to see if we can find something at Havensight Mall again....but that doesn't mean there is anything "wrong" with the other port.

I was merely asking if anyone knew....that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Either will be fine.

We returned on Sept 29 from sailing on the Emerald. We docked st CB. We didnt find any free wifi there but while we were at Paradise Point we found out they had free wifi. Didnt know it till we were almost ready to leave. Thing is it cost us $21 each to go in the tram and it was quite the rip off. Didnt know that it was a short ride and very hot in the tram. Once we got to the top the sites werent that great either as it was extremely hazy so pics came out horrible. Someone told us that there has been alot of haze due to dust coming from off the coast of Africa.

I was able to connect to a free wifi at havensight last spring. Not from the ship, but in the shopping district.

For those of you on the 10/19 Emerald Princess: I just checked the link that was given by the OP, we are scheduled for Havensight, NOT Crown Point for this cruise. Obviously, the mega monster (Oasis) is scheduled to arrive in ST later in the am and they will be at Crown Point. :)

I was able to connect to a free wifi at havensight last spring. Not from the ship, but in the shopping district.

Yeah, we saw at least once location for free wifi from a little cafe there too, but I didn't want to take the laptop from the ship and walk around with it. I was thrilled when I was able to get free wifi from the ship at that port for $10. We didn't do a tour or anything (had been to St. Thomas quite a few times already) so we had quite a few hours of downtime there.

Either port will be fine.

Yes....we do want to see if we can find something at Havensight Mall again....but that doesn't mean there is anything "wrong" with the other port.

I was merely asking if anyone knew....that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Either will be fine.

There is if you're a shopper. CB has practically no stores to speak of compared to Havensight or downtown.

We returned on Sept 29 from sailing on the Emerald. We docked st CB. We didnt find any free wifi there but while we were at Paradise Point we found out they had free wifi. Didnt know it till we were almost ready to leave. Thing is it cost us $21 each to go in the tram and it was quite the rip off. Didnt know that it was a short ride and very hot in the tram. Once we got to the top the sites werent that great either as it was extremely hazy so pics came out horrible. Someone told us that there has been alot of haze due to dust coming from off the coast of Africa.

CB had free wifi in May. There were loads of the crew siting around the outside of the buildings checking email. It probably isn't advertised as such but it's an open signal for anyone to use.

There is if you're a shopper. CB has practically no stores to speak of compared to Havensight or downtown.

CB had free wifi in May. There were loads of the crew siting around the outside of the buildings checking email. It probably isn't advertised as such but it's an open signal for anyone to use.

Yes, I understand your position. But the poster was saying there was nothing wrong with CB and I never said there was (he was trying to be supportive of CB port but there was no need)....yes, I would rather be docked at Havensight and I think I'n in good company.

I have a hard time seeing my screen just sitting outside of various buildings. Yes, I see it all the time, but it isn't that important to me to log on as it is to the crew members. This is how they actually keep in touch with family--mine is just a luxury connection so I don't go to the same lengths to log on. That's why it was nice to be able to get wifi for a set price from our cabin. I know I can take my laptop to all kinds of places, but I don't need to get on the internet that badly. Again, just a luxury and I typically buy the 250 minute package so I'm good.

Thanks....

OP, here is the answer to your question: you won't know until you get there. :)

On Emerald Princess, we were scheduled to dock at Crown Bay. It was printed in the Princess Patter and everything was set. The, at the last minute, seems we were docking at Havensight. I don't know who decides these things, but it was a lost minute change of plans, obviously. My advice is be prepared for either and you won't be disappointed.

Archived