"New" HAL Luggage Tags

GeriatricNurse

Holland America Line special edition luggage tags were sent to 3-star Mariners and above as well as a selection of top 2-star Mariners. We are happy to hear that the luggage tags are being well received and put to good use, thanks for the feedback.

To find out more information about the Mariner Society Rewards Program visit the Mariner Society page at www.hollandamerica.com, for general inquiries email mariner_society@hollandamerica.com. Visit your Mariner account online at the HAL website today to sign up to receive complimentary the newly-designed, award-winning Mariner magazine via email.

Mariner_10fall_cover_2.pdf

My question is what are they for?

Can't use them for a cruise as cabin ID.

The idea is to print your tags with the cabin number, and cut them to slip into the new re-usable holders instead of folding and stapling the whole sheet. You get two per page that way too!

We are only 1 star. Our third cruise is Dec 2010. We've been getting the mags regularly since the beginning. Got our mag yesterday. No tags. Sister who we travel with called them this morning and they are sending her 4 tags and she emailed me. She doesn't get the mag but the box wasn't checked off. I called 10 mins afte she called and receiving her email. I don't qualify but said sister is getting them and we all sail together. On hold for 10 mins then rep said it was "accident" that she was going to get them and she didn't qualify either but they are going to make an exception, keep their promise to my sister and send me a set too. wohoo. hope tags are nice. will be here in 2-3 weeks in time for our cruise. If not, I'm going to call back and speak to the rep. Got her name.

Holland, Holland, Holland.....good grief.....it just doesn't add up. Lots have reported that they aren't booked or aren't advanced Mariners or both so the reasons don't make sense. Oh well....as somebody already said, glad the home office isn't actually running the ships. :rolleyes::eek:

I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. We got tags today and are nowhere near 3* Mariners. The only cruise we have booked is on Seabourn.

Well, we got ours yesterday as well and they're clearly not just for cruising from now until December. It says the next time we sail we just print out our baggage tags and insert them in these holders.

They're very nice, but they obviously send them to everyone since we are very low star Mariners (2) and we have no HAL cruises booked. Whoops! Just saw HAL PR's post so I guess we are a "selection of 2 star Mariners". Wow! I've never been considered a selection before ... sort of nice! :)

I am one of those lucky two star people who got his tags in yesterday's mail. It was inside the bag containing my Mariner Magazine. I guess they noticed that I take cruises that are at least 10 days in length. As a result, I don't sail as often, but I do look forward to getting back on a HAL ship, especially my favorite, the Maasdam. They sent me 4 tags. I guess they want me to bring lots of luggage. That's going to cost me a lot of baggage fees unless I fly Southwest.

Well, we got ours yesterday as well and they're clearly not just for cruising from now until December. It says the next time we sail we just print out our baggage tags and insert them in these holders.

They're very nice, but they obviously send them to everyone since we are very low star Mariners (2) and we have no HAL cruises booked. Whoops! Just saw HAL PR's post so I guess we are a "selection of 2 star Mariners". Wow! I've never been considered a selection before ... sort of nice! :)

That's funny...We haven't received ours either...:(

We're booked on a twenty day on HAL Nov. 13 with good Friends, who are also 3 star Mariners..

Once this cruise is completed we expect to reach the 4 star level..However have never received the Mariners Mag in the Mail nor our Bag tags..We do get the brochures though..I went on-line to see if our preferences were correct & they were....

So If we don't get the Magazine & tags by tomorrow, I'll surely call them..

Cheers...:)Betty

Received ours today. Very nice and the Mariner magazine is well done.

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say! Hopefully, the new tags will calm down some people who are uncomfortable with the flimsiness of the paper tags. And the magazine was a journalistic tour de force--reminded me of the quality of Crystal's magazine. Well done, HAL!

I am only a One Star Mariner and while getting all straight with MAriner Society, I asked about the luggage tags and was told only a limited amount were printed and only Two Star and travel ending Dec 2010 were receiving them. Had no more available.

It's great to get good things in the mail, instead of bills!

Got the Mariner magazine with the tags yesterday (along with my Cunard 2011 -2012 "wishbook" :D ;) ).

They did a nice job with the tags ... but not sure if I want to use them on my checked baggage. They might disintegrate after a few flights. LOL

Think I'll use em for my carry-on. That way I can guarantee a long life for them. ;)

Excited........ got tags in the mail and really, really like them. It'll make clipping the e-doc luggage tag info we print so easy now. Just slip it into these pretty tags and all set to go.

Sail, I also received mine in the mail today! I am glad that we e-mailed HAL & look what it did for us!:)

Called the Mariner Society on Oct 16, spoke to a very efficient & nice HAL Agent by the name of Gabriel..Asked about our August Mariner Cruise Tiles & our Mariner Magazine as well as our luggage tags..

The tiles came in two days & today we received our Mariner Magazine & the baggage tags...Thank you Gabriel & HAL!:D

The Magazine is beautiful & we think the baggage tags are neat!:) Not only that, but DH is really excited, as there is a picture of someone with the same last name as ours in the magazine..He may be a relative, as DH's father was Dutch.. Will send a copy to his Brother & family up north....

Now, must complete our packing list which I've changed at least 5 times..In 22 days we'll be on board the Noordam..

Cheers....:)Betty

Received our Mariner Magazine today. Two star Mariner with a cruise booked to Hawaii departing in two weeks. NO LUGGAGE TAGS! Must say I am disappointed with HAL. Seems like their reasoning is just an excuse for the hit and miss. Wouldn't be disappointed, except everyone is raving about how nice the tags are and I am trying to laminate the flimsy paper tags for our upcoming cruise.

Does anyone want to sell their new HAL Mariner luggage tags to me? I really like them, but didn't receive them because I'm only a 1 star Mariner. I'm a big fan of vintage travel posters and would love a set of tags if anyone is willing to part with theirs.

Archived