"New" HAL Luggage Tags

GeriatricNurse

HAL shows me as having 36 cruise days, although I really have 38. Today, in the mail, I received the new Mariner magazine advertising upcoming cruises, and four plastic luggage tags.

Reading the responses above, I believe that HAL sent these out in an almost random method. (What single woman in her right mind would need four luggage tags?)

It is my understanding that I would need 75 days to qualify for "Three star" level, and my booked cruise (departing November 22) is only 12 days. Even if they straightened out their mistaken records, that would only give me 50 days.

It does not matter a lot to me, but it is amazing that the friend who accompanied me on those 38 (not 36) days on HAL ships has not received any tags or even the magazine. It is probably all her fault, as she does not use the internet.

HAL shows my 19 day westbound Panama Canal cruise from Miami to Vancouver in 1997 as 17 days eastbound. Since it was in April, it would not make sense for it to be eastbound, and it was definitely 19 days. We originally booked 16 or 17 days, Miami to LA, and changed it to add the extra days up the coast to Vancouver, as it was a bargain to get those extra days. Maybe, because they were so inexpensive, they don't count?

I am looking forward to 12 days on the Veendam in South America, but will look closely at Celebrity and Royal Caribbean for future cruises. I have history with Royal Caribbean, too - just two 7 day cruises, however.

I think the tags are great and I'm happy to have them.

Reading the responses above, I believe that HAL sent these out in an almost random method. (What single woman in her right mind would need four luggage tags?)

The tags come on a sheet of four. You only need use the amount that suits you. Should you lose or damage one, you will have a spare.

Why complain they gave you more rather than less? :confused: They can't win for trying. :D

I asked the Mariner's rep how they decided who received the tags.

Here's the official Answer:

Mariners who are 3-Star and 4-Star will receive a set of luggage tags. Select 2-Star Mariners who are close to crossing over to the 3-Star level also received the luggage tags.

Because we only have a limited supply of luggage tags we cannot mail a set of tags to everyone. Management has restricted mailing luggage tags to 2-Star Mariners who have a deposited future cruise booked that will cross over to the 3-Star level.

Thanks Sasha'smom for the website. I just ordered some of the plastic ones to put the printed tags in so I don't have to stress over this new process. Can't wait to use them and get on board!

You're welcome :). Have a wonderful cruise.........any cruise is wonderful in my book!

(What single woman in her right mind would need four luggage tags?)

I would. :D

Some of my longer cruises, especially those with multiple climates, require two large suitcases. Throw in two carry-ons, and you're up to four before you know it.

And I don't even take a lot of shoes! :eek:

I asked the Mariner's rep how they decided who received the tags.

Here's the official Answer:

Mariners who are 3-Star and 4-Star will receive a set of luggage tags.

Don't you believe it. This 4* Mariner had to send an e-mail, only to be told I'd been supressed.

I'm not impressed. :rolleyes:

I wanted the luggage tags so I called HAL. They gave me the Mariner's Society number which I called. I asked why I wasn't receiving the Mariner's magazine and didn't get luggage tags. She looked on my profile and said my profile said I didn't want any mailings. She changed that and said I would receive magazine shortly. I asked about luggage tags she fooled around in her computer, clicked the right button and my tags came with my magazine about a week later. I am a three star mariner about 1/2 way to a four star.

Will you be receiving your tags, since you sail with HAL so often? I would think you should get them automatically!:) I appreciate your comments on the J/K cabins on the various ships too!

They came in yesterday, about a week after I called. That's how I learned I was "supressed". It seems I'm not scheduled to get the Mariners Magazine because I have cruises booked. :mad:

Funny, too, as I was under the impression that getting the magazine was a perk that went along with my multi-star mariner level.

Glad I could offer some info on the cabins. I love my Main Deck J-cat on the Vista/Signature ships.

Glad I could offer some info on the cabins. I love my Main Deck J-cat on the Vista/Signature ships.

I second that. I am trying to find a cruise on a Vista or Signature ship so I can have that wonderful Inside cabin on the Main Deck.

Archived