"New" HAL Luggage Tags

GeriatricNurse

Hi,

I received my Mariner Magazine and the luggage tags earlier this week. I have taken five cruises with HAL (most recently on the Zuiderdam in December 2009), but I don't currently have any cruises booked with HAL. I really like the luggage tags and will be holding on to them.

Chuck

Excited........ got tags in the mail and really, really like them. It'll make clipping the e-doc luggage tag info we print so easy now. Just slip it into these pretty tags and all set to go.

Im glad you finally got them! I was feeling guilty about receiving ours last week, I had been considering emailing you to offer you our tags.

Im glad you finally got them! I was feeling guilty about receiving ours last week, I had been considering emailing you to offer you our tags.

Cheryl,

That is so generous and kind of you. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. I was very happy to receive the tags and really like them. :)

Thank you.

With advertising in the magazine does that mean I have a better chance of actually getting a copy in the mail each time rather than email magazines?

I'm a one star Mariner since Aug 2005 with no cruises booked. My Mariner Magazine arrived today and I get no tags.

I am very disappointed but I still love HAL. Maybe if I take more cruises I will get the good stuff from HAL.

We are only 1 star. Our third cruise is Dec 2010. We've been getting the mags regularly since the beginning. Got our mag yesterday. No tags. Sister who we travel with called them this morning and they are sending her 4 tags and she emailed me. She doesn't get the mag but the box wasn't checked off. I called 10 mins afte she called and receiving her email. I don't qualify but said sister is getting them and we all sail together. On hold for 10 mins then rep said it was "accident" that she was going to get them and she didn't qualify either but they are going to make an exception, keep their promise to my sister and send me a set too. wohoo. hope tags are nice. will be here in 2-3 weeks in time for our cruise. If not, I'm going to call back and speak to the rep. Got her name.

Sister (Toronto) and I (Illinois) both received our tags in the mail the same day. One week delivery time. Wow, great timing. Tags are cute.

We received the mariners magazine and also no luggage tags for us a well, we have cruised on holland a number of times and have another cruised booked in November too.

would love to have these luggage tags for my up coming cruise instead of the paper ones that you print out.

I am only a One Star Mariner and while getting all straight with MAriner Society, I asked about the luggage tags and was told only a limited amount were printed and only Two Star and travel ending Dec 2010 were receiving them. Had no more available.

I called the Mariner Society on 10/19 since we had not received our luggage tags. They did not have our name on their list for receiving them and couldn't understand why. I was told they would send them out that day. We received them in NY 2 days later.

Don't count on it.

Still no magazine or tags for this over 500 day Mariner with three cruises, totaling 49 days, booked.

Well, by gosh, by golly, Ruth, they should not only send you the tags but a nice big box of chocolates for making you wait!:)

Don't count on it.

Still no magazine or tags for this over 500 day Mariner with three cruises, totaling 49 days, booked.

Gosh, Ruth--you of all people should have received the tags! Maybe yours are going to arrive by FedEx, special delivery! Don't give up hope yet!!;)

Hooray!!! We got our magazine and tags yesterday. So pleased with them.

Interesting that the cover was ripped away over the tags - wonder if someone in the post office was trying to get the tags out for themselves.:rolleyes:

We are 4 star with over 300 days and 70 days booked.

Sorry you haven't got yours Ruth - hopefully they will be there soon

Sorry you haven't got yours Ruth - hopefully they will be there soon

Thanks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Funny how the most loyal Mariners are left for last---or left out completely. Subscription magazines manage to send issues all at once to everyone.

I thought everyone got these with the magazine....I had no idea I was "special". (along with a few thousand other cruisers) :)

Next cruise is September 17,2011, Alaska.

I really love the tags. I am a big fan of the old ship posters.

Ok, I am obsessive.....I just printed my tags for my next September cruise and slipped them into one of the new luggage tags.:) It is on my suitcase now.

I chose the one "SS Statendam" tag because it is my favorite.

Good idea HAL !

Thanks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Funny how the most loyal Mariners are left for last---or left out completely. Subscription magazines manage to send issues all at once to everyone.

Ruth,

I didn't receive the first issue of the new magazine and I had to call. Had to call again on the 2nd issue of the magazine---asked them to make sure I was on the mail list. And somebody must have done something right because we did receive the Fall issue with the name tags.

So perservere. Call them and ask for the name tags and the back issues. Also, ask them to add you to the list and tell them you a 4 star Mariner and don't understand why you aren't receiving mail from them. You might even want to ask for a supervisor---they may have volunteers answering the phones---and all they do is take your name and mail what you ask for (thus you are still not on their mail list).

Archived