"New" HAL Luggage Tags

GeriatricNurse

Related to the (four) "new" HAL luggage tags on which are pictured four different decorative pics of old HAL posters; I just received an e-mail from HAL, which reads, in part: "the current promotion with the luggage tags is for sailing from October 2010 - December 2010 for selected Mariners" Of course, for one to (possibly) receive these luggage tags, one must be on the mailing list to receive (surface) mail from HAL, (including "Mariner" magazine)!

As an aside, one might wish to check the page, "My Preferences" after having logged in to their account on the HAL website! On this page, one should ensure that the preference to receive "mail" has been indicated, (otherwise, one will NOT receive "Mariner" magazine!:)

Seems like another occurence of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing in Seattle. Just tell whoever is on the phone anything to get rid of them while they are happy. Conflict avoidance at its best!

Thank God the ships are not run by the Seattle people! :eek:

I guess that means I won't be getting any as I don't have any more cruises booked this calendar year...

:(

Well, that's interesting. I went out to get my mail today and there is a Mariner magazine with luggage tags.

My next HAL cruise is ??????????? ... like maybe when they do away with formal nights ;)

My last HAL cruise was in 2001.

Maybe I should sell them here to the highest bidder?

I received mine with the magazine today. I last cruised HAL in May on the first voyage of the Amsterdam into Anchorage.

I have not booked another HAL cruise yet.

While the luggage tags are very nice, I plan on keeping mine sealed and intact as a curio for my maritime collection.

The luggage tags I have 'won' on board playing trivia, are a more substantial type, and they remain on all my luggage.:cool:

I just got them, and we haven't cruised HAL since Fall 2008. Go figure. I'll probably never use them. I would be happy to mail them to someone, but I don't know how I'd get your address. Any ideas?

Robin

Hi Robin,

Email me by clicking the "Email me" link in my signature. Put HAL tags in the subject line. I'll get you my address. :D

My cruise is next week, in a Deluxe Verandah of all things, no mariner magazine, no luggage tags and yes, my preferences are right.

Maybe Canadians are exempt?

Oh well, I'm still going on my cruise:):)

Ours were in the mail today.

What a nice gift! I really like the old posters but am even more impressed with how well these tags solve the self printed paper luggage tag problem. Last time we cruised I laminated the paper tags with clear packing tape -- this is oh so much better.

HAL, if you are reading this, great job!

Related to the (four) "new" HAL luggage tags on which are pictured four different decorative pics of old HAL posters; I just received an e-mail from HAL, which reads, in part: "the current promotion with the luggage tags is for sailing from October 2010 - December 2010 for selected Mariners" Of course, for one to (possibly) receive these luggage tags, one must be on the mailing list to receive (surface) mail from HAL, (including "Mariner" magazine)!

As an aside, one might wish to check the page, "My Preferences" after having logged in to their account on the HAL website! On this page, one should ensure that the preference to receive "mail" has been indicated, (otherwise, one will NOT receive "Mariner" magazine!:)

Thanks for the information. I just went in and changed my preferences. I always wondered why I never received any mail from HAL.

Got mine today, too, and I'm really pleased with the way they are designed. We don't have anything booked for the future yet, but we just disembarked Statendam three weeks ago. Before we left on our cruise, I spent a couple of hours with some card stock, rubber cement, and string to make some decent luggage tags. The new ones I received from HAL will make it so much easier.

I was surprised to get the luggage tags because I've never received my new 3-star Mariner pin, either by mail or on the ship, and I figured we were at the bottom of the list. I guess HAL has so many Mariners that they just can't get everything to everyone quickly. I think I'd rather have the luggage tags than the pin, though, because they will be more useful to me.

Archived