Computer Surveys

BosoxI

We disembarked on Monday, October 11, and arrived home late that same day. Yesterday was spent catching up with everything. Today I went on line to respond to the survey, as there were several staff members who deserved accolades. When I tried to forward the survey, however, I was notified that it had been closed. Two days after the end of the cruise. C'mon, Princess, if you really want our inputs, give us a bit more time.

We disembarked on Monday, October 11, and arrived home late that same day. Yesterday was spent catching up with everything. Today I went on line to respond to the survey, as there were several staff members who deserved accolades. When I tried to forward the survey, however, I was notified that it had been closed. Two days after the end of the cruise. C'mon, Princess, if you really want our inputs, give us a bit more time.

I had to call Princess and have them resend it to me.

I had issues as well.

There is not enough room if you want to say alot or add several crew members for kudos.

It's nice to not have to do the survey onboard on the last day when we're down to a few hours remaining. Then when home there's more time to give more feedback & they have a too brief survey.

I've sent a letter about the good & areas for them to consider they can improve. They called me once to expand upon my input & they are getting negative input on the online survey. So hopefully they will improve the online survey...good idea which needs to be improved for them to get better feedback.

There are big problems with the online survey. One is that if you don't have a computer or don't use one for anything other than email, which is the case with a lot of my friends who when they worked, did so in the days of typewriters, you have no opportunity to comment or let Princess know what could be improved. The other problem is that the sections with comment spaces are very specific in that you should only comment on the question. There's no place for general comments. It's poorly designed and programmed.

We've usually had no problems with the email/on-line surveys. This time however when we clicked to proceed with the survey, we each received an on-screen message that we had already responded to the survey. This was the day after we disembarked. :confused:

We just received two more email surveys (not 10 minutes after posting this) reminding us to take the survey. But, it still comes up that we've already taken the survey when we click to respond. :confused::confused:

I had a similar problem with the survey after our cruise in April and contacted Princess about it. They sent me another survey and it was pretty pitiful--not useful at all. I'm sorry to hear they haven't improved anything in the last 6 months.

I actually prefer the online survey but agree that it could be improved and certainly should be available for at least a week after you return. For those who prefer to do a written survey they should still make them available. I'm glad they still use the comment cards so you can recognize excellent staff while still onboard. We completed several and then also provided them with good comments via the online survey.

Does anyone remember who was conducting the survey? I work for a research company. I'm 99% sure it's not us, but if it is I could mention these comments to the project team. If it's not I'll mention it to the Travel/Tourism team and it could be a good ice breaker. Maybe you'll see an improved survey experience in the near future.

The survey we got from NCL in the winter was woefully bad. We had a bad cruise and couldn't comment on most of what we wanted to. Its pretty irresponsible of the reearch company, becasue these cruiselines are not getting usuable feedback.

I had the same problem. We returned on the 6th and I filled it out on the 12th. In the middle of my third recommendation, it closed on me. All that work down the drain...argh!

It sounds as though Princess doesn't really want to know. Why not have an e-mail link on their website that allows input during and after cruises?

Princess' Customer Relations has a way to email them about "Post Cruise Questions or Concerns" listed on their website.

While you might not get a personal reply to your input, I think it's beneficial to make them aware of what they're doing well & where we think they could make improvement.

Here's their email address for your concerns or questions:

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Does anyone remember who was conducting the survey? I work for a research company. I'm 99% sure it's not us, but if it is I could mention these comments to the project team. If it's not I'll mention it to the Travel/Tourism team and it could be a good ice breaker. Maybe you'll see an improved survey experience in the near future.

The survey we got from NCL in the winter was woefully bad. We had a bad cruise and couldn't comment on most of what we wanted to. Its pretty irresponsible of the reearch company, becasue these cruiselines are not getting usuable feedback.

Princess does their own.

Princess does their own.

Thanks! That explains a lot. That's an unusal move, considering I know they've done research with research firms in the past. Usually companies have a small research team and don't have the capacity or tools to do large loyatly research. :confused:

Thanks! That explains a lot. That's an unusal move, considering I know they've done research with research firms in the past. Usually companies have a small research team and don't have the capacity or tools to do large loyatly research. :confused:
No wonder their survey is so poorly designed and executed. Companies that are in the business of creating surveys are professional and know how to design a survey. A company that does their own inevitably create something inferior, confusing, incomplete, poorly designed and/or poorly programmed.

No wonder their survey is so poorly designed and executed. Companies that are in the business of creating surveys are professional and know how to design a survey. A company that does their own inevitably create something inferior, confusing, incomplete, poorly designed and/or poorly programmed.

Even when you use a research compay, you often get what you pay for. The NCL survey I tool was terrible and I'm not saying that, because it was a compeitor. It was very poorly written and programmed. I notice that with some retailers too. Sometimes you get good surveys and sometimes I have to put verbatims at the end to tell them how bad it was. You should always consider the person taking the survey when designing it and people often forget that. You take one bad survey from a company and you're not likely to take another.

At least you had a small window to make a few comments. After our last trip I wasn't even included in the email sampling or given a comment card in our cabin.
Maybe they didn't want to hear from you? Actually there wasn't much room to make comments - less than on the cards we used to fill out.

We've usually had no problems with the email/on-line surveys. This time however when we clicked to proceed with the survey, we each received an on-screen message that we had already responded to the survey. This was the day after we disembarked. :confused:
I had the same thing happen when I was interrupted while doing the survey. There is no "save and continue later" option. About a month later the survey went active again... go figure.

It also covers much less ground than the onboard survey did. A good online design would have been to replicate the onboard survey.

Also, the time allowed to respond does not take into account cruisers who do not immediately return home or, if they do, do not put going through hundreds of e-mails that came during their absence as the highest priority.

Even when you use a research compay, you often get what you pay for. The NCL survey I tool was terrible and I'm not saying that, because it was a compeitor. It was very poorly written and programmed. I notice that with some retailers too. Sometimes you get good surveys and sometimes I have to put verbatims at the end to tell them how bad it was. You should always consider the person taking the survey when designing it and people often forget that. You take one bad survey from a company and you're not likely to take another.
I agree. There are a lot of bad surveys out there. It bugs me to see them because not only don't they produce accurate data but what is there is incomplete. An amateur doesn't know the difference but bad data means bad decisions based on the results.

I agree. There are a lot of bad surveys out there. It bugs me to see them because not only don't they produce accurate data but what is there is incomplete. An amateur doesn't know the difference but bad data means bad decisions based on the results.

An example of a recent bad question on a survey I did:

What is your insurance co-pay for prescription drugs:

$0-$10 per prescription

$11-$20 per prescription

$21-$30 per prescription

greater than $30 per prescription

Why is this a bad question? My insurance co-pay is not a fixed $ amount, but is a percent of the prescription price. That option was not given.

Could not proceed in doing the survey until giving an answer. Don't remember which one I gave, but any answer was wrong and obviously affected the results to some (small?) degree.

An example of a recent bad question on a survey I did:

What is your insurance co-pay for prescription drugs:

$0-$10 per prescription

$11-$20 per prescription

$21-$30 per prescription

greater than $30 per prescription

Why is this a bad question? My insurance co-pay is not a fixed $ amount, but is a percent of the prescription price. That option was not given.

Could not proceed in doing the survey until giving an answer. Don't remember which one I gave, but any answer was wrong and obviously affected the results to some (small?) degree.

This scenario is typical of most surveys I have ever looked at. (Not had the Princess online one yet) The best you get offered is a box for 'other', which is obviously a waste of time anyway as the 'other' remains unknown, therefore not considered in the data collation.

The problem that we had with the online survey is that once I had completed and submitted my survey it would not allow us to do a second survey. We had received two emails (two separate passengers) but we are both at the same email address.

Either it will only accept one survey per email address, or Princess leaves a "cookie" on the computer to only allow one survey per computer.

Since we are two separate people that had individual experiences onboard we wanted to fill out separate surveys. We each had different staff members that made our cruise more enjoyable, and we would have liked to have had a chance to express our gratitude to them by letting their employer know what a great job they did. (Oh well - at least we got to send in one survey, which is more than some people got to do.)

Archived