Elite Boarding Area in Fort Lauderdale?

a9753

There is an Elite area for waiting to check in, and then you either go directly to the ship, or upstairs in a section of chairs to wait to board. I don't remember an Elite area upstairs though (unless my brain is failing me), just when waiting for check in.

There used to be a seperate entrance for the Elite/Suite/Platinum waiting area in Fort Lauderdale (around the corner from the regular entrance). But last May, they used that entrance for the Bon Voyage experience so we finally found that they were allowing us to enter through the regular doors before they opened up, after showing our boarding passes, to wait for boarding. Without being Platinum, Elite or in a suite, the line forms outside along the building.

The last few cruises we have only sat in that upstairs area for a few minutes before proceeding onboard. It was the main floor where we have waited the most right before checkin.

Same here Colo, last May we were the first to check in, and we sat upstairs maybe 10 minutes maximum before they were ready for us to board.

thanks.

Every time we go to a new port we usually like to walk over to the entrance the night before and check out the boarding area so we know where we need to be.

Walking to the pier in Port Everglades is going to be a real hike. That is IF they allow you into the port without any ships there, they have guarded gates and even the morning that we board the ship we have to show our passports to be allowed in, even in a taxi. Not sure if I would count on walking over the night before you board, I am going to guess they won't let you into the pier area the evening before, but that is only a guess. Good Luck!

thanks.

Every time we go to a new port we usually like to walk over to the entrance the night before and check out the boarding area so we know where we need to be.

You won't have any problem walking to the entrance to the cruise port but that's as far as you'll get. There's a security guard and you have to let them know which ship you're going to before you are allowed in. All the ships will have sailed so I doubt you'll be allowed in. The entrance is quite a distance from the dock, depending on which pier the ship is docking. Port Everglades is huge.

Has any dropped off their bags in Ft. Lauderdale as early as 9:15?

I'm wondering if it might be a problem, as people are still disembarking.

Thats about the time they start taking luggage again.

You may have to wait a few minutes but thats about the time we get there. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. We are staying at the Renaissance and from what I've heard, it is right next to the entrance so we just figured we'd check it out but not big of a deal. I'm sure we won't get lost in the morning.

We try to stay there before each cruise.

We walk to the port on embarkation day. ;)

I think a separate boarding area depends on which pier you are leaving from. I have taken two 10 day cruises out of FLL but never out of the main Princess building. The first one was at Pier 2 but another Princess ship had the main building and we were in the secondary one. That one was just one large room and when they opened up the check in area, they called for elites first but everyone just stormed the area making it a free for all. The second cruise was at Celebrity's pier and they did have a separate check in and waiting area upstairs. There was a sign at the bottom of the escalator but some ignored it. The upstairs area did board first.

We have another 10 day cruise scheduled for Christmas and I'll be interested to see where we end up boarding from.

Same here Colo, last May we were the first to check in, and we sat upstairs maybe 10 minutes maximum before they were ready for us to board.

Toto, what time did you arrive at the port? I am leaving on the Emerald on Tuesday and want to get to the port about 10:30 but I need seats for my Mom and aunt (85 & 89 years young)to wait. We are all Elite.

Toto, what time did you arrive at the port? I am leaving on the Emerald on Tuesday and want to get to the port about 10:30 but I need seats for my Mom and aunt (85 & 89 years young)to wait. We are all Elite.

I suggest you get wheelchairs for both of them to expedite their boarding. You can have your mom & aunt sit on a bench while you go ask one of the "uniformed" Princess reps at the door to see where to go to get the wheelchairs.

That way they'll have a place to sit while waiting to check-in & board. A Princess staff member will wheel them onboard so they won't have to stand in the boarding line or walk the long, probably uphill ramp. The wheelchairs bypass the lines because the staff need to get the passenger on the ship and get back for the next one.

The wheelchairs are perfect for someone who can't walk very far or stand very long. It saves their energy for when they get onboard and want to see the ship! And it saves you the stress of being sure they're OK.

There is no charge for the wheelchairs but a tip to the staff member is always appreciated.

There used to be a seperate entrance for the Elite/Suite/Platinum waiting area in Fort Lauderdale (around the corner from the regular entrance). But last May, they used that entrance for the Bon Voyage experience so we finally found that they were allowing us to enter through the regular doors before they opened up, after showing our boarding passes, to wait for boarding. Without being Platinum, Elite or in a suite, the line forms outside along the building.

That seperate entrance was still available for our Emerald cruise in July.

That seperate entrance was still available for our Emerald cruise in July.

That is strange, unless they came up with a new entrance for the Bon Voyage group, as in May, it was locked up tight and we were told not to use it. Maybe they found a way around the problem of entrances is all I can figure out. I know it was very weird in May as nobody knew where we were supposed to go, it took about 20 minutes wandering from door to door before someone finally directed us personally.

That is strange, unless they came up with a new entrance for the Bon Voyage group, as in May, it was locked up tight and we were told not to use it. Maybe they found a way around the problem of entrances is all I can figure out. I know it was very weird in May as nobody knew where we were supposed to go, it took about 20 minutes wandering from door to door before someone finally directed us personally.

They still had the rows of seats inside near the Elite section with a large sign stand for the Bon Voyage guests. I never saw which way they came in. :)

I suggest you get wheelchairs for both of them to expedite their boarding. You can have your mom & aunt sit on a bench while you go ask one of the "uniformed" Princess reps at the door to see where to go to get the wheelchairs.

That way they'll have a place to sit while waiting to check-in & board. A Princess staff member will wheel them onboard so they won't have to stand in the boarding line or walk the long, probably uphill ramp. The wheelchairs bypass the lines because the staff need to get the passenger on the ship and get back for the next one.

The wheelchairs are perfect for someone who can't walk very far or stand very long. It saves their energy for when they get onboard and want to see the ship! And it saves you the stress of being sure they're OK.

There is no charge for the wheelchairs but a tip to the staff member is always appreciated.

Yes, I have a WC request for my aunt and my Mom doesn't need one, she gets around ok. I just need a place for both to sit from 10:45 or so until elite boarding is started. Thanks so much for the tips though. :)

Archived