Do you use the gym on the ships?

Shipbound

Going to the gym is part of my lifestyle so when I'm on a cruise I try to use the gym four or five times, since I'm a morning person I go in the morning to get the day started. What about you?

Gary

Yep, I use them. I try to scale back as I am trying to relax and recouperate while on a cruise but I always wind up going to the gym a couple days, minimum. I enjoy it. I've been working out 36 years so it's kinda a habit of mine! :D

I am clueless when it comes to gym, but I have always wanted to go use the treadmill....however being clueless inhibits the urge to go work out, so I just walk every where on board. It always seems to be crowded with healthy looking people, maybe if they had gym time for weaklings, I would go.

Yep, I use them. I try to scale back as I am trying to relax and recouperate while on a cruise but I always wind up going to the gym a couple days, minimum. I enjoy it. I've been working out 36 years so it's kinda a habit of mine! :D

Same here! Never miss a day and really enjoy starting my days w/o on a cruise.

Mike

Going to the gym is part of my lifestyle so when I'm on a cruise I try to use the gym four or five times, since I'm a morning person I go in the morning to get the day started. What about you?

Gary

absolutely..........wife and I go every morning..........coffee from room service at 6:30am and then off to the gym

absolutely..........wife and I go every morning..........coffee from room service at 6:30am and then off to the gym

Although not married, girlfriend and I do the same routine when cruising. Up early....room service coffee, then off to the gym every morning. We take the stairs as much as possible, too.

I try and go to the gym every weekday morning when it opens at 0630 and usually once at the weekend for about an hour a time :eek:

I'm sailing solo on Eurodam next month and had good intentions of carrying on my routine while onboard but after looking at sample menus it seems I may be spending my time eating!! :D

Hopefully I'll go a few mornings but can't make any promises....I think I need someone to spur me on and send me on a guilt trip! :o

Good on ya Gary, I'm impressed with your dedication :)

Gary

EVERY day. I am a workout-aholic and getting that morning run and weightlifting session in makes me feel better about all of the rum and martinis I will be drinking later in the day. :D

On a recent Splendor cruise I noticed the first morning I had to wait about 15 mins. for a treadmill as there were about 7 to 8 people waiting. The second morning I had to wait about five mins. By the end of the week I had my pick as there were only 4 of us in the gym at 6:30 am. I think it was the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake that got to everyone.

Last cruise was 2 years ago on the Glory. I got up in the morning for 1/2 hour of Tai Chi on the upper deck, then to the Fitness Center for an hour of cardio on the eliptical and 15-20 minutes on the weight machines. Never took the elevator but walked the stairs everywhere. I gained 10 pounds that week! :eek:

Cheers!

Archived