cost of unlimited laundry on Grand Princess

slotl

I am a 4 star on HAL and get free unlimited laundry. I am 20 days shy of Elite Status on Princess. I am booked on the Dec 6th Grand Princess 14 day cruise and want the ability to PAY FOR unlimited laundry. Yes, I am spoiled.

I contacted my TA, and she cannot get the prices from Princess Corporate. They say to ask when I am on the ship. I do not want to pay "per piece". HAL also offers bags of laundry for $20/bag.

Does anyone know how much the Grand Princess charges for unlimited laundry or laundry by the bag. Is unlimited laundry available for a charge on the Grand Princess?

'If' the laundry by the bag is offered (as it doesn't seem to be offered on every cruise and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the length of the sailing whether it is offered or not anymore) it is usually $20-$25 per bag, but you can't count on it being offered. Princess does not offer unlimited laundry service for a price.

'If' the laundry by the bag is offered (as it doesn't seem to be offered on every cruise and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the length of the sailing whether it is offered or not anymore) it is usually $20-$25 per bag, but you can't count on it being offered. Princess does not offer unlimited laundry service for a price.

If Princess does no offer unlimited laundry service, they are missing an excellent revenue opportunity.

If Princess does no offer unlimited laundry service, they are missing an excellent revenue opportunity.

Then they are missing the revenue opportunity, as they definitely do not offer unlimited laundry for a price, and as said, sometimes not even the bag special is offered. Sorry!

I have never seen and unlimited laundry offer. They often have $20 for a bag.
Exactly. HAL offers a "by the bag" price at any time as well as an unlimited laundry price for the length of the cruise, regardless of loyalty program status or cabin type. On the other hand, Princess has self-serve laundries on every deck on every ship, HAL has them on some ships, only one or two for the entire ship, or not all. Princess is probably missing the boat by offering laundry packages but then they have so many self-serve laundries on each ship it may not be profitable for them.

I pointed that out to them, but they didn't even bother to acknowledge receipt of my e-mail to them. Even Carnival offers a by-the-bag laundry service one or more times on a cruise. Just one more reason that we are going back to HAL after this cruise. Who wants to spend their vacation doing laundry?

Who wants to spend their vacation doing laundry?

My thoughts EXACTLY!! I am spending $xxxxx dollars for the cruise what is another (just for example) $100 for unlimited laundry.

TIME IS MONEY.....AND MY TIME IS VERY VALUABLE TO ME.

My thoughts EXACTLY!! I am spending $xxxxx dollars for the cruise what is another (just for example) $100 for unlimited laundry.

They may figure they are doing better charging by the piece.

Let me get this straight. They show a laundrmat on the floor plan of the

Grand Princess. I was just going to post to ask how much it costs and do you do it yourself or not. And if you do it yourself, do they use the room card to charge it to your acct. or do I need coin...

Let me get this straight. They show a laundrmat on the floor plan of the

Grand Princess. I was just going to post to ask how much it costs and do you do it yourself or not. And if you do it yourself, do they use the room card to charge it to your acct. or do I need coin...

The cost for a washer is $1.00 per load

The cost for a dryer is $1.00 per load

The cost for soap, powdered bleach is $ .50 per packet

The machines only take quarters. There is a change machine in the laundramat, but you can also get quarters at the pursers desk.

Lois, I agree with you and when I'm on a HAL cruise, I send my laundry out every few days. However, there are many people (quite a few of whom post on CC) on a tight budget and $100 is a lot of money. Heck, they can't afford or want to pay for a passport. They are willing to do laundry for $2. :)

just got off the Island Princess and they ran the $25 a bag laundry deal three times in the 17 days. However we have been on sailings/ships where it was never offerred.

Our cabin was close to the laundry and it seemed like some of the people in there were having a social gathering every day. Someone even brought wine.

We have had the $20/bag deal on Celebrity but have yet to have one on Princess...must be just the luck of the draw. That said I don't find Princess's prices out of line for their cleaning and laundry...in fact less than half of what I expect to pay ashore.

That must be the case because on the Pacific Princess they have one laundry room for 700 people. :mad: I guess that is part of the "small ship experience" they talk about.

I was on the Pacific Princess last year and spoke to the Hotel Mgr about unlimited laundry. He said that the ship's laundry facilities were too small to accommodate free laundry (except to Elite passengers) even at a price. I could understand his reasoning for the Pacific Princess. Yes, there is only one self-service laundry on the Pacific. Unfortunately, the Pacific Princess usually does LONGER CRUISES of 14 days or more making laundry duties a requirement during the cruise.

BUT......the Grand is a BIG SHIP, there should be no "excuses" not to offer unlimited laundry at a price to the passengers who are willing to pay for it.

I will not pay per piece charges of $2 each for a pair of underwear to be washed and dried.

I was on the Pacific Princess last year and spoke to the Hotel Mgr about unlimited laundry. He said that the ship's laundry facilities were too small to accommodate free laundry (except to Elite passengers) even at a price. I could understand his reasoning for the Pacific Princess. Yes, there is only one self-service laundry on the Pacific. Unfortunately, the Pacific Princess usually does LONGER CRUISES of 14 days or more making laundry duties a requirement during the cruise.

BUT......the Grand is a BIG SHIP, there should be no "excuses" not to offer unlimited laundry at a price to the passengers who are willing to pay for it.

I will not pay per piece charges of $2 each for a pair of underwear to be washed and dried.

Choice is yours. Do laundry in the self service room or pay the price Princess charges. If they are going to offer unlimited laundry I would think the cost would be several hundred dollars a week.

I think it would be a nice idea, if the laundry could accomodate the volume. However, if the prices that are charged are in line with what HAL is charging (it would be over $200 for us on our upcoming 24 night cruise), there is no way I would use it (Elite status aside). I can go to the laundry room once a week and do laundry for a couple of dollars. My time, even on a cruise (especially a cruise of that length), is not that valuable.

There are a lot of things that they COULD offer at a price, that they don't. Not sure what the argument here is, as unlimited laundry is just not offered on Princess ships.

I sure hope this doesn't turn into another one of your 'rant threads' slotl (as was last summer) where you will 'never sail Princess again' because they didn't do what YOU wanted them to do. :rolleyes:

Archived