Neptune Lounge

edcrfv

There will be light nibbles and some sweets..... If you are a light eater, it should hold you until dinner.

After lunch, around 4 or so, they change the selection to cold crudite, mini shrimp on tiny toasts and other cold hors d'ouerves.

It seems to vary by ship and how they are handling the Code Orange.

On our Oct 10th Ryndam cruise there were no munchies until around 3 PM on Embarkation Day. On our Oct 17th cruise -- the munchies were out by 1 PM.

On any ship that we have been on the crudites and cold appetizers were put out at 5 PM. The Ryndam even had cheese -- never had that on other ships.

On Embarkation day will the Neptune lounge have food or will I have to fight the lines on the Lido? Much rather hang out at the lounge until room is ready then try and find a seat on the Lido.

Why not go for the MDR. It is much more civilized and you don't have to fight for a table.

That's what we did - lunch in the MDR. I barely tolerated the Lido before they changed it to all those stations. Now that's it's stations instead of a line, and no trays, I go out of my way to avoid it. On port days when the MDR is closed, I usually just go for the salad bar.

Roz

We are of the "Lido Persuasion" on embarkation day. We almost never go to Lido breakfast and often have lunch ashore on some itineraries but when we board, we like to go to Lido.

We like the energy and excitement of newly embarking guests and it's fun to see stewards we know from previous cruises, bar servers etc We have never gone to MDR for Embarkation Lunch and probably won't anytime soon unless there is something dramatically outstanding that attracts us.

We board early so go to Lido early and normally have selected our lunch and have a table before too many arrive. When it gets too hectic, we leave and go to Neptune or wherever.

We are of the "Lido Persuasion" on embarkation day. We almost never go to Lido breakfast and often have lunch ashore on some itineraries but when we board, we like to go to Lido.

We like the energy and excitement of newly embarking guests and it's fun to see stewards we know from previous cruises, bar servers etc We have never gone to MDR for Embarkation Lunch and probably won't anytime soon unless there is something dramatically outstanding that attracts us.

We board early so go to Lido early and normally have selected our lunch and have a table before too many arrive. When it gets too hectic, we leave and go to Neptune or wherever.

Other than boarding early this is pretty much our approach. That first lunch in the Lido kind gets us started, it's that realization that we're actually on a cruise. :)

Archived