Who cruises on Nieuw Amsterdam?

jp45atcc

After a Panama Canal cruise aboard the Statendam, I am apprehensive about having booked Western Caribbean aboard Nieuw Amsterdam. Will the passengers be as old, or will this new ship with a shorter itinerary attract a diverse crowd? Please don't take this as senior bashing. It's simply a question about demographics.

I can't wait to sail Nieuw Amsterdam. We've sailed her sister five cruises and are sure we'll like this new ship just as much.

Hope you find a demographic that is acceptable to you on your cruise.

There is no guarantee at any time on any ship who will be your fellow cruisers.

(We are not on Social Security or Medicare yet so hope we're 'young enough'.??? :D )

Have a great cruise whichever you choose.

I cruised on her in October and i'm 36. We saw all ages, from really young (not many kids though in the mediterranean) to the more senior (and I'll tell you some of the seniors were busier than me!).

I'd not be apprehensive in the least to board her again, from any port. Love her! I can't wait to try her again.

The older ships and longer cruises do tend to attrack older people as they have the vacation time to take these longer cruises.

The younger age group are limited to vacation time and tend to book the shorter cruises.

When we sailed on the Eurodam there were a lot of younger people on the ship.

i am 58 (today) and hubby is 65 (66 in february). We cruise on her and any other hal ship that goes where we want to go, when we want to go:)

joanie

have a great 58th birthday and many, many more!!!:):):)

I will be turning 65 next year and supposedly old to some but don't feel it. People should do their homework on cruising. After my wife and I spent 52 years combined years serving our country in the United States Air Force and not being able to cruise. It's finally our time.

Who in the (still working) force can take off for thirty or more days to go on a cruise. IMO it doesn't matter what cruise line you are on because if its a very long cruise your not going to get too many "young people" on-board.

Seven and ten day cruises becomes a different story and you will most likely, with no guarantee, experience a more diverse age group of passengers.

When I see a elderly person walking slowly around a ship, or a disabled person I just thank God that I can still do this and admire those who still have the love of cruising enough to endure the hardships of traveling with their disabilities or age limitations. God bless them all.

My Mother and Father always taught me to respect anyone older than me and I still do. One of the main reasons we spent twenty six years each protecting them and all of you.

Got a gripe about a cruise not going quite right? Ask any of our great military members tonight if they would like to take your place. God Bless Our Troops.

Was on the Westerdam and the Eurodam and saw a mix of all ages.

I'm booked on the Dec 12th western Caribbean cruise out of Lauderdale on the NA. I'm 39 and traveling with a 73 and a 38 year old!

Hey I'm on that cruise 12/12 as well. We are in our 40s. First time on HAL (Husband is doing an anesthesia seminar on board). There is a roll call but I am bad about remembering names so you may have posted? We are meeting at the sky bar? after the muster. (Told you I was bad w/ names)

Karen

Its our first" BIG SHIP"- experience. We can hardly wait!

Nowadays' date=' it's considered a Medium-Sized ship...

...for a Big Ship experience - you'd need to book [i']"Something of the Seas"[/i]

;)

I've been cruising HAL since I was in my late 30's and I'm now well into my 40's - I don't care if the other pax are "nearly dead" as I'm there to relax, unwind and see the world with my friends and family.

I have sailed 3 HAL cruises, all 7 days, and all a blend of age groups. I expect that our upcoming Eurodam cruise will be the same. DH and I are in our 50's and have made friends with cruisers of all ages.

I would tend to agree that the longer the cruise, the older the demographic. This is probably true of any cruise line.

Diane

Archived