Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

certainly shows what their personal hygiene is like.

NO hot water to shower; stinking toilets. etc. Not my type of person!

I think what people are missing here is that different people have a varying sense of adventure. Different strokes for different folks.

I once spent several days living in a snow cave on Mt Hood, by choice. And I sure didn't have hot running water or a toilet. I also enjoy staying in a 5 star resort and being pampered on a cruise ship.

Don't judge people for having a sense of adventure and a positive attitude that can make lemonaid out of lemons just because you don't feel the same.

The local news reported that CCL is offering all 4500 pax a full refund. Along with the spam dropped to the ship there was canned seafood- crab I think

When did 3300 passengers turn into 4500 passengers? I would think that would take about nine months - not a few days.

I think what people are missing here is that different people have a varying sense of adventure. Different strokes for different folks.

I once spent several days living in a snow cave on Mt Hood, by choice. And I sure didn't have hot running water or a toilet. I also enjoy staying in a 5 star resort and being pampered on a cruise ship.

Don't judge people for having a sense of adventure and a positive attitude that can make lemonaid out of lemons just because you don't feel the same.

Great points! While i like adventure, i would NOT like living in a snow cave!:D I'd rather be on that cruise ship!:p

I wouldn't want to be on the cruise for the free cruise, but for the excitement....don't get me wrong, people are having to endure a lot, but what I am saying is that IF i was onboard, i would be considering it an adventure....but....i've been on 11 cruises, so that would certainly factor in my attitude....i would be making the best of a very bad situation...

I have to agree with on this. I have been on 10 cruises and I would try to make the best of it. If this was my first cruise or I was mobilty challanged I would probably have a different attitude.

That is their opinion....i would consider it an adventure...others wouldn't....i know MY personality....i would be making the best of it...nothing i can do to change it, so make the best of it...a LOT of people have that kind of personality....if I were on that ship, sure...i would be uncomfortable, probably holding my nose, etc. but i would NOT be walking around, grumbling, making other people miserable...i would be trying my best to keep a smile on my face...

A poster wanted to know where to sign up for an adventure on a cruise ship with no amenities of a real cruise ship and I told her where they could sign up:rolleyes: Talk is cheap is a fact........

FWIW I am sure the majority of people are making the best of it.....do they have a choice:confused::rolleyes:

I think we all get accustomed to the cruise life we all experience. Great food, entertainment, cold beer....Luxury.....

What the passengers and crew are experiencing is most likely WAY BETTER than what our own relatives experienced who came to North America for a better life (for US) without knowing how to speak English, with a nickle in their pocket.

Are we all spoiled?

Those that don't make the best of it, or are very irate should consider everything..... It could have been way worse no matter how bad it is on board.

Kudos to Carnival and the American Navy and Coast Guard!

This is day 4 of the cruise and im sure the situation is beginning to get on alot of people nerves, especially after cold Spam was served for dinner last night. That probably sent some people over the edge. I honestly dont know how I would react but knowing I was getting a refund and a free cruise would sure smooth things over.

Posts like burma's really make me think it is a good idea for everyone to do some type of study abroad outside the West as part of their formal education. We seem to be grossly out of touch with how much of the rest of the world live. For people to characterize the living situation aboard the Splendor as a "nightmare" says they have a very low threshold for nightmare or have never had a bad nightmare situation.

I spent a month on an island with no power...and didn't find out about the no power part until the day before I left. Once I was actually in the situation though, I adapted and had a great time!

the toilets are fine now and it's fine to take a cold shower. Don't be so negative

You are assuming they can take cold showers. With probably no water purification systems having power to make fresh water, they may have instructed people to conserve water usage.

Just a local state legislator from Westchester traveling with a senior citizens group.

Then there are the people on drugs who always think things are fine and rosy, until they are the ones in the same situation and cry foul.

Read the one first-hand report we've heard thus far, from somebody's wife on board. "Cruise from hell" does not ring of a 24 hour deck party. Unless you're a survivalist and spend your weekends in the woods, this must be anything but a picnic for the people on board and I suspect they would gladly trade places with you in a heart beat.

This is not the only report coming from the ship. Read this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1307119

So she is heading towards Ensenada according to that.

I have a stupid dumb question, the Paradise just arrived at Ensenada about a half hour ago, will she be on her way before the Spendor gets there?

If not, can Ensenada handle both the Paradise and the Splendor? (I've never been to the Mexican Riviera before).

Yes, Ensenada can handle two cruise ships at once ...

This picture was taken from the Monarch of the Seas while docked in Ensenada ...

IMG_3036.jpg

Posts like burma's really make me think it is a good idea for everyone to do some type of study abroad outside the West as part of their formal education. We seem to be grossly out of touch with how much of the rest of the world live. For people to characterize the living situation aboard the Splendor as a "nightmare" says they have a very low threshold for nightmare or have never had a bad nightmare situation.

I spent a month on an island with no power...and didn't find out about the no power part until the day before I left. Once I was actually in the situation though, I adapted and had a great time!

I believe some of us are just saying it is a nightmare of a cruise......big difference.......this has nothing to do with how the rest of the world lives:rolleyes:

It was and a small plane was chartered to take the pics

Interesting. I watched the news last night and didn't catch it.

I wonder who chartered the plane and why they were able to fly over and get pics but not the news??

I hope they are having a good time out on deck but somehow I doubt it.

I'm sure they are trying to make the most of a bad situatuion.

Toni

A poster wanted to know where to sign up for an adventure on a cruise ship with no amenities of a real cruise ship and I told her where they could sign up:rolleyes: Talk is cheap is a fact........

FWIW I am sure the majority of people are making the best of it.....do they have a choice:confused::rolleyes:

Actually for a "no-frills" cruise look at going on a freighter cruise. They go to some out of the way places.

Dave

You must be very young to make such a blanket statement how easy the stairs are for everyone. My sister used to cruise with me and she is on a cane and mobility challenged. One flight is hard and dangerous due to her misjudging steps and she has to pull herself up each step.

think of all those who are even more so handicapped.

I am middle aged. However, I am young at heart.

But I hear you.

Excellent point! I'm the same way...just as happy camping for a week in the heart of the Cascades as I am on a cruise ship. But I'm really not sure how happy I'd be "camping" on a cruise ship! :o

Yes, Ensenada can handle two cruise ships at once ...

This picture was taken from the Monarch of the Seas while docked in Ensenada ...

IMG_3036.jpg

The Paradise is where the Jubilee was when we cruised to Hawaii.

The Holday was where this picture was taken from.

Archived