Adult only area(FOS)

Does the Freedom of the Seas have the adult only area on the outdoor deck like Carnival? The Adult Serenity area is one of the few things I really enjoy about Carnival.

As stated, yes it does. The FOS Solarium is very nice. The pool even has underwater stools you can sit on.

2227632690080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Does the Freedom of the Seas have the adult only area on the outdoor deck like Carnival? The Adult Serenity area is one of the few things I really enjoy about Carnival.

Depends what you mean by "adult area". RCL doesn't allow topless in any public area of their ship but as the previous poster indicated the Solarium is designated as adults only.

Depends what you mean by "adult area". RCL doesn't allow topless in any public area of their ship but as the previous poster indicated the Solarium is designated as adults only.

LOL. I don't want to be topless and I'm sure no one else does either.

Good luck with that. It is a lovely area but half the ship has the same idea!

M

I'm a early riser so maybe I will get lucky at least one morning.

LOL. I don't want to be topless and I'm sure no one else does either.

I'm a early riser so maybe I will get lucky at least one morning.

We were able to get chairs to relax for a while after breakfast. We never saw any available later in the afternoon.

M

I have a 17.5 year old son. How will they know how old he is? Do you need to show your card? He will be the youngest of our entire group and I am hoping the cruise line will allow him in the pool area. Anyone?

He'll be fine - it's 16 and above for that area.

The Solarium Pool onboard Freedom of the Seas is a wonderful area to relax and bask in the quiet sun or hide out in the shade (if you're sensative to the sun). The cantilivered whirlpools are complete unbelieveable, not to mention huge! As others have stated the area has it's own bar, the Solarium Bar, and is near a pool towel exchange area. I found myself going to the Solarium Pool daily after stopping by "Sprinkles" to get my daily soft serve ice cream cone. I never did use the pool or whirlpools in the Solarium, but I enjoyed sitting in the wicker chairs and looking out the windows eating my ice cream. Ah, the memories. :)

One thing to note, on my sailing I noticed several "Deck Staff" personell in yellow shirts making sure no one was saving deck chairs. In the Solarium area they kept an eye on the children situation. As others have said, anyone 16 and older is welcome to enjoy the Solarium Pool area. Enjoy!

Just another note, the Solarium is a pass through to get from one end of the ship to other so kids do walk thru.

However, Freedom is the only ship where I have actually seen a child asked to leave a hot tub in the Solarium. I don't think the kids but hit the seat before someone from the ship was over to remind him it was an adult area.

Archived