What not to wear for TSA

bepsf

After checking our bags in for a flight I`ll do the following before going to the security checkpoint. Into my carry on bag I`ll place my wallet, keys, glasses, wristwatch and belt. The only metal remaining on me is my wedding ring. The only thing in my shirt pocket is my boarding pass and picture ID. I don`t set any alarm off and can retreive my property quickly. I see many travelers place their wallet and jewelry into the bin in plain view of other travelers. Risky IMO. Air travel is a pain for sure.

To add. While going through security I concentrate on keeping my carry on bag in my sight at all times.

No suspenders either. DH got nailed twice last week because of them. They even searched through his wallet - for some unknown reason.

One other thing that has been a pain for me. Once I had some neck pains and wore a cervical collar for a while for support. TSA pulled me aside, checked the collar for explosives, ran the collar through the scanner, and still patted me down. This happened to me twice. The third time I took off the collar, wrapped it around the handle of my carryon, and both I and the collar breezed through the check with no problems. This was before the new rules but I'm sure it hasn't gotten any better.

Roy

On the news the day before Thanksgiving, I saw one young man go through screening in his speedo and one woman in a bikini. :eek:

I'm not sure that was a real good idea or was wildly appreciated by Inspectors.

On the news the day before Thanksgiving, I saw one young man go through screening in his speedo and one woman in a bikini. :eek:

or the rest of the passengers!

The video I saw of the incident showed TSA agents smiling about it. Of course, assuming these folks have a sense of humor is dangerous.

After checking our bags in for a flight I`ll do the following before going to the security checkpoint. Into my carry on bag I`ll place my wallet, keys, glasses, wristwatch and belt.

To add. While going through security I concentrate on keeping my carry on bag in my sight at all times.

Excellent suggestion. From now on I pack two ziplock bags, one for my toiletries and one for my accessories. Jewelry doesn't go on at all until I am past security.

I do not need the TSA to seach through my wallet. I am pretty sure that DW does it every night when I am sleeping.....at least it seems that way.

We are about to fly out at 7AM and arrive at 10:30 PM with 2 stops inbetween. We always wear loose, comfortable clothing on long plane trips.

I wore a hooded sweatshirt that pulls on over your head, not thinking, thankfully they let me take it off before I went through the line. I was so happy I had something on underneath.

Getting ready to fly again in a few weeks and I am not looking forward to it.

The video I saw of the incident showed TSA agents smiling about it. Of course, assuming these folks have a sense of humor is dangerous.

That video was of the women, the one about the man, on the other hand, was told "quite firmly" to put on a shirt even when the man said: "where does it say I have to wear a shirt?" They just responded back: "put on a shirt!!"

No suspenders either. DH got nailed twice last week because of them. They even searched through his wallet - for some unknown reason.
They searched my wallet too, when I went into the nudie-scope with it in my pocket. I never put my wallet in the bin to go through the x-ray scanner before, but that's where they want it now. I don't know how much explosives could possibly be put into a real or fake wallet, but I guess it's enough for TSA to worry about.

Okay, let me get this straight. I'm supposed to go out and spend money on unflattering clothes, that I wouldn't want to be seen in, so I can meet some unwritten TSA dress code, for the few minutes during which I'm going to be fondled?

Is that it? :confused:

Okay, let me get this straight. I'm supposed to go out and spend money on unflattering clothes, that I wouldn't want to be seen in, so I can meet some unwritten TSA dress code, for the few minutes during which I'm going to be fondled?

Your tax dollars at work :mad:

Actually, the recommended clothing is supposed to help AVOID the fondling. I'm debating buying a new bra that has no underwire, or going braless. Gosh, there are just so many punch lines to THAT comment :D

Your tax dollars at work :mad:

Actually, the recommended clothing is supposed to help AVOID the fondling. I'm debating buying a new bra that has no underwire, or going braless. Gosh, there are just so many punch lines to THAT comment :D

LOL

A good discussion over a few drinks in the Crows Nest. ;) :D

Actually, the recommended clothing is supposed to help AVOID the fondling.

Oh, I've been getting a semi-fondling for years anyway.

I can walk through the scanner, but have to leave my shoes on. So that means I have to be checked. Now, I would think that going through the scanner with no problem, and only the shoes needing checking, would result in only the shoes being checked.

Silly flyer. :rolleyes:

Since the shoes were left on when the body cleared the scanner, the body has needed a pat-down. :confused:

Can't wait for the full monte. :eek:

Sounds like a lot of fun in our future!:eek: Maybe if I eat enough chocolate they'll leave me alone---

And I love the posts from the young'uns who haven't any metal plates or other metal parts in their bodies and can breeze through the checkpoints without being felt up. Ah, the good old days.

Now, I would think that going through the scanner with no problem, and only the shoes needing checking, would result in only the shoes being checked.

Silly flyer. :rolleyes:

That's my thought. Why can't the "man behind the curtain" be in contact with the pat-down agents (you know - via mike and headphone?) so when they send someone through they can tell them exactly where the suspicious object is? Seems to me it would be more efficient and less uncomfortable for both passenger and agent. If someone's been through the scanner why bother looking where nothing's been seen?

Interesting article on what to wear to make your journey thru airport security easier on you:

Basically - baggy pants, loose sweaters, shoes with laces, pockets full of stuff and long skirts are out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/23/national/main7082214.shtml

OK, so tight pants and short skirts?

Ladies, wear a pull over the head, no hook sports bra so you don't get pinged with bra hooks or underwires. I've done that for years and remember the time one inspector wanded my back for a good long time trying to get my bra hooks to ping but there were no hooks. They finally gave up after multiple attemtps. Couldn't believe a 'well-dressed' woman my age would be bra less but did eventually figure it out. :D

I've been thinking of wearing leggings, sports bra, tank top and flip flops - all the while apologizing profusely to anyone in the area who has to see me that way. Afterwards, I'll get dressed. Ridiculous ritual, but I SO don't want to be touched!

If we weren't uncomfortable enough jammed in those tight seats, now they want us to do it in tight fitting clothing??? Can you say acid reflux?

And no underwires.....no problem. At long last there is some justice for those of us who have gone through life feeling cheated by the chest fairy.:D

Archived