Buying back FCC?

luv2travel2beaches

We booked our Dec 5 cruise using FCC as a deposit. Now we have been forced to cancel due to my husbands illness. We had insurance through an outside source so Princess keeps the whole shebang. Is there any way to contact Princess and purchase our FCC back so we can rebook soon and not loose those on board credits? Our friends are still going on the cruise, I think I know the answer but they couldnt buy the credits for us since we are still paying for the cruise. Just a shot in the dark here....we are so disappointed!

If you cancel a cruise booked with a FCC, the FCC is put back in your Captain's CIrcle account. You do not lose it.

At least that's the case when cancelling before final payment..

You should probably call Princess and verify that it will be returned to your account.

I agree with Toto, the FCC was 'converted' to being part of your fare at final payment. While your insurance will reimburse you for the cost of the FCC, there is no way to get the onboard credits back from Princess for a future cruise. Since the credits were free from Princess, the insurance does not pay for their 'value'. When this happened to us we sort of considered it as counting chickens before they were hatched...but at that point the credits were the least of our worries. I hope your husband recovers quickly and you are able to book another cruise soon.

Some high-volume TAs have $100 deposit special promotions every now and then. Check with your TA or find one who does, and you can take advantage of that when they do.

Hope your husband has a speedy recovery and you can plan another cruise.

Some high-volume TAs have $100 deposit special promotions every now and then. Check with your TA or find one who does, and you can take advantage of that when they do.

Hope your husband has a speedy recovery and you can plan another cruise.

Any travel agency can request a "Princess Sale" exclusive to their agency, that will offer $100 pp deposit and will also give the passenger a coupon book. Usually an agency will want a minimum amount of bookings during the sale, as they are only allowed a specific amount of sales per year. Just ask your TA to notify you when they run a sale or if they can schedule one soon.

Any travel agency can request a "Princess Sale" exclusive to their agency, that will offer $100 pp deposit and will also give the passenger a coupon book. Usually an agency will want a minimum amount of bookings during the sale, as they are only allowed a specific amount of sales per year. Just ask your TA to notify you when they run a sale or if they can schedule one soon.
Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that. :)

Off topic on the FCC but with regards to the insurance paying for the cruise: does the passenger get credit towards status for that sailing since the cabin was paid for?

Even if the cruise is paid for by insurance, you must have sailed on the ship to receive credit in the Captain's Circle for the cruise. A cancelled cruise, even though paid in full is not counted towards your status.

Even if the cruise is paid for by insurance, you must have sailed on the ship to receive credit in the Captain's Circle for the cruise. A cancelled cruise, even though paid in full is not counted towards your status.

That seems wrong. They have our money, we should get credit for the cruise. I know it doesn't work that way, but it should. Thanks for the answers. I was afraid we were sol. At least we will get our money back from insurance.

That seems wrong. They have our money, we should get credit for the cruise. I know it doesn't work that way, but it should. Thanks for the answers. I was afraid we were sol. At least we will get our money back from insurance.

It sounds wrong, but when you think about it, the Captain's Circle is for cruises and/or days actually sailed on Princess ships, not money paid for the cruise. So, although the cruise is paid in full, even if you didn't have insurance, you still would not be credited with sailing on that ship unless you were actually onboard.

It sounds wrong, but when you think about it, the Captain's Circle is for cruises and/or days actually sailed on Princess ships, not money paid for the cruise. So, although the cruise is paid in full, even if you didn't have insurance, you still would not be credited with sailing on that ship unless you were actually onboard.
Toto is right. Captains Circle benefits are based on "completed" cruises, not bought and paid for. I pay for my daughter's cruises but she gets the Captain's Circle completed cruise benefit. Sorry. :(

Toto is right. Captains Circle benefits are based on "completed" cruises, not bought and paid for. I pay for my daughter's cruises but she gets the Captain's Circle completed cruise benefit. Sorry. :(

Not "completed" cruises. You just have to embark to get the credit. In our case we were off the ship 4 days into a 28 day cruise and got the credit. So if the trip is interrupted, you still get the credit.

Archived