Monarch Pricing -- WOW!

On Tuesday evening, I booked a three night cruise on Monarch of the Seas for $249 pp. I looked at the price yesterday, and it had gone up to $619 for the same class of stateroom.

These cruise prices change faster that the stock market! Glad I booked when I did!

AG

Wow, that is some price increase!!

I think for our 4-night January Monarch cruise an inside room started at $189 when we booked a month or so ago. But that was for the lowest deck. We chose deck #6 so I think it was $249 each then, for an inside room. Then I got to thinking more about upgrading so finally called, and changed to an outside (same deck) for $100 more total.

On Tuesday evening, I booked a three night cruise on Monarch of the Seas for $249 pp. I looked at the price yesterday, and it had gone up to $619 for the same class of stateroom.

These cruise prices change faster that the stock market! Glad I booked when I did!

AG

Even more strange is the fact that we paid only $80 more for 9 nights on the Enchantment over Thanksgiving! I tried to take ask as many folks as I could on board if they also got a deal but I got lots of answers like: "Oh yes! 4 of us are in an oceanview and we only paid $2,800." So maybe the odds are on RCL's side?

Even more strange is the fact that we paid only $80 more for 9 nights on the Enchantment over Thanksgiving! I tried to take ask as many folks as I could on board if they also got a deal but I got lots of answers like: "Oh yes! 4 of us are in an oceanview and we only paid $2,800." So maybe the odds are on RCL's side?

I generally try to avoid pricing comparisons just because it tends to end up that someone invariably feels hurt or upset ... we are lucky here because we know about price drops, etc. Many others cruising for the first time have no idea about any of that or what a "good" price is ... they are happy, so there's no sense in raining on that by letting them know you are on the ship for $1000 less in a nicer cabin (yes, has happened to me) ... though if you can help them out for the future, always a good opportunity.

AG

I don't know about any of you guys, but it would be a cold day in hell before I spent $619 for a 3-night cruise!!!!! $249 sounds ok tho!

When I booked my 3-day on the Monarch the total price that I paid which included Port Charges and Single Supplent was $245.07 for a deck 7OV

I thought that was a fantastic rate and jumped on it right away. Also that was the residency rate that I booked. On future cruises keep checking because you never know.

AG

Who would anyone pay $619 for 3 nights on the Monarch?

I just did a quick check and a 4 night Monarch cruise on 12/6/10 for a category K inside at the senior rate is $129 for the base fare. That is $32.25 a day!!!!! Think that is about the lowest price I have ever seen.

Just think a Diamond member could book that cabin and get two cruise credits in December!! Methinks the C & A program is in for some real cutbacks if they are basically giving away two cruise credits for $129........oh and throwing in a 4 night Monarch cruise as well, and free wine and Champagne at the nightly Diamond event. There are going to be a lot of newly minted D Plussers in Florida happening in December!!!!

So anyone out there think that being D Plus is going to be very special anymore?

The Monarch 12/6 is now $103pp $100pp for a K with the fire discount. I sail tomorrow and got a real good deal on an unobstructed deck 8. Now that deck 8 has safes that is my 1st choice.

Nov, Dec, and Jan. have always been cheap. Once the snow birds show up they go up to the summer rates and for spring break. I did 2 two nighters (CCCay trips) on the Monarch last year for under $75pp OV. Both turned into gambling and party trips.

The rates for the Majesty are running about the same, but perhaps a bit higher.

They just came out with $139/$149 rates for guaranteed inside/oceanview cabins (categories Z and Y). I'm looking at taking advantage of this rate for a January cruise.

Snagged the last JS on our 12/10 Monarch for 329 per person, then took the Platinum balcony discount on that. Maybe some would say I paid too much versus the inside cabins, but I missed my balcony the last time and I am getting 2 points towards my Diamond status.

Archived