Jr. Suite vs. Grand suite

bver

We'll be going on our first cruise on the radiance in Jan. Its a 4 nighter, is it worth an extra $500 for the grand vs a jr.? what are the major differences? thanks

Not to me. Only you know how much that $500 means to you.

The GS is larger and has a larger bathroom.

Both give you an extra cruise credit.

The closet in the JS is actually larger than the GS's closet space.

Occupants of the GS have Concierge Lounge privileges, which include a daily "happy hour" from 5 to 8:30 P.M.

GS passengers sometimes get invitations to a bridge tour, a galley tour and/or a backstage tour.

The Concierge can help you with reservations or any difficulties.

You pay higher gratuities in the GS. (it is SUGGESTED......)

The tour invites and happy hour are pretty nice perks. thanks for the info

breakfast, snacks & the fancy coffees in the CL as well...Relaxing pleasant place to unwind...

For myself the extra $500 is worth it over the JS in cabin & extra balcony space also & those CL perks -

Why not treat yourself to a Xmas gift...? :)

We've had both JS and GS and prefer GS, but can't always justify the cost difference ($1000 on longer cruises). Also, if you're going to Labadee, there's the reserved beach area (Barefoot Beach) which is really nice.

We'll be going on our first cruise on the radiance in Jan. Its a 4 nighter, is it worth an extra $500 for the grand vs a jr.? what are the major differences? thanks

If it's $500 total, I'd be awfully tempted to say Merry Christmas to myself. Unless of course, you are D+ and would already have access to the concierge lounge, bridge tour, etc. In that case all you're really paying for is a larger room and some priority seating at Labadee or whatever.

If it's $500 per person, I'd say stick with the JS regardless. The suite perks aren't work $1000 extra IMHO.

It's not a full breakfast in the CL...and the "free" alcohol has limited hours...

Personally, I don't think a GS is worth the money...a JS is soooo nice and more economical. If I was GIVEN a GS, of course I'd take it...but I wouldn't pay for one!

Book the JS , then watch for lower GS rates after final.

Since I booked JS after the 5/17/10 rule change , I did not qualify for any refund/OBC for my 01/22/11 Radiance cruise.

I was allowed to upgrade to a GS for a mere $50p/p than the JS I paid for.

DLSA01 Rate code .

If you enjoy ordering room service then the GS is for you.

You will get a special menu for ordering room service that you wouldn't get in a JS. I was able to order the lobster to the room....we had so much fun!

It just depends on what you love. If you love to spend time in your room, the large balcony, the room service, free drinks, bridge tours, etc....then the Grand Suite is worth it.:D

Archived