Riviera Deck or Main Deck

Kingisacruiser

Hello all,

I have just booked another cruise for July on Carnival Liberty!!! But I feel a little conflicted in choosing a room :rolleyes:. As of right now I am on the Main Deck in an Oceanview cabin, but I am wondering should I move to the Riviera Deck. I am concerned of all of the activity that appears to happen on the Deck above. Has anyone stayed onthe Main Deck and can possibly speak to the noise or should I just go one deck down? If I can't move down to Riviera what may be the best area on the Main Deck to minimize noise?

Thanks guys for all your help.

Hello all,

I have just booked another cruise for July on Carnival Liberty!!! But I feel a little conflicted in choosing a room :rolleyes:. As of right now I am on the Main Deck in an Oceanview cabin, but I am wondering should I move to the Riviera Deck. I am concerned of all of the activity that appears to happen on the Deck above. Has anyone stayed onthe Main Deck and can possibly speak to the noise or should I just go one deck down? If I can't move down to Riviera what may be the best area on the Main Deck to minimize noise?

Thanks guys for all your help.

hi Kingsacruiser yes I would go a deck lower the stuff above you can be really noisy at night so go the Rivera Deck.

I think your best bet is to look & see what's directly above your cabin. On the Main deck, forward cabins are under the theater (not a big deal -- that place shuts down by 11-ish), and aft cabins are under the dining room (again, not a big deal as far as middle-of-the-night noise). Mid-ship, many of the cabins are under the kitchen, and therefore NOISY!

We just got off the Freedom (a twin to the Liberty), and our Main deck aft cabin was under the dining room. No issues, other than vibrations & shuddering during docking maneuvers. Other members of our group were in forward cabins on the Main deck, and had no noise issues whatsoever.

We had been on the main deck, and other decks. On the main deck in the rear, under the dining room, we don't hear noise from above, but often do hear vibration noise. Don't know if it's due to the engine, or ship movement.

On main deck under the theatre, once a while we hear noise from top, seems like people moving stuff around. Also, we hear the waves hitting the ship a lot. I'm a light sleeper, so I notice those things.

But I'd choose forward main deck over riviera, because the set of glass elevators do not go down to riviera.

I have stayed on both decks and not had an issue with noise. Latest cruise I was on main, far forward, and just under the theater/stage and heard some bumps and jumps, more like thumps/thuds but all was quiet by midnight, and those noises I did hear were not bothersome to me. Personally I would not worry about noise, and keep your OV room on main, JMHO. Have a great cruise!:)

We had been on the main deck, and other decks. On the main deck in the rear, under the dining room, we don't hear noise from above, but often do hear vibration noise. Don't know if it's due to the engine, or ship movement.

On main deck under the theatre, once a while we hear noise from top, seems like people moving stuff around. Also, we hear the waves hitting the ship a lot. I'm a light sleeper, so I notice those things.

But I'd choose forward main deck over riviera, because the set of glass elevators do not go down to riviera.

I too would not choose under the theatre...and the elevators ABSOLUTELY go down to decks 1 and 2......all sets of elevators!

• 2 years later...
stayed on main midships no noise at all.other than people walking down the corridor.
By far the worst noise problem

will be "less-civilized" cruisers running up and down the hallway after 11 p.m.,

slamming their cabin doors within 2 cabins of you, in either direction

and other such inconsiderate joys of cruising! :)

I have learned to devise quite an efficient noise baffle system

by keeping open closet doors on the way in

-and the bathroom door as well

both of them draped with large bath towels!

Works quite well. ;)

hi Kingsacruiser yes I would go a deck lower the stuff above you can be really noisy at night so go the Rivera Deck.

+1

If you are concerned about noise it's always a good idea to not take a chance and book a cabin on a deck where there are only cabins above and below and not next to a crew passage way. It improves you chances for the least amount of noise.

We generally book inside cabin in the middle of the ship on the Riviera because it has the least amount of movement of anywhere on the ship. The bonus is that it is usually the quietest as well. My wife also prefers to have the room dark when she sleeps.

Check the deck plans on the Carnival website for the layout and specific cabin numbers

Cheers!

Archived