Preferred Anytime Dining res. for suites??

Sandy R

How does preferred anytime dining reservation work for suite passengers? We'll be sailing in a PH suite and wondered if we call each morning, can we always get our preferred time or... should we make permanent reservations when we first board the ship. Also, we want to sit at a table for 2. Is that more difficult? On our Asia cruise last April, there was a couple sitting near us, that had permanent reservation at 7:30pm. Although, people were waiting to be sitted, they held the table for them each night. Is that unusual or can we make 7:30pm reservations.

From our experience with anytime dining in a full suite, if we didn't call them by early afternoon with our preference, they called us in our cabin to ask what time we would like to dine that evening.

They will work with you for your preferable time and table size. You can either call after boarding, or talk to the Maitre d' the first evening.

From our experience with anytime dining in a full suite, if we didn't call them by early afternoon with our preference, they called us in our cabin to ask what time we would like to dine that evening.

They will work with you for your preferable time and table size. You can either call after boarding, or talk to the Maitre d' the first evening.

I have had just the opposite occur. Twice, while in a full suite, I called to make reservations at 7:30pm and was informed that they didn't take reservations for that time. I mentioned that I was in a suite but it didn't make any difference. They never contacted me.

I don't know if things changed after these as we have chosen traditional dining for the last two times we've been in a suite.

As Toto said, they will work with you. On the Coral in May, they called the first day and asked what time, if we wanted a window, etc. We were hanging out with two other couples so we asked for a table for six and decided to do 8 pm. They said it would be waiting for us at 7:30. On the Grand a couple weeks ago, they again called the first afternoon. We said we wanted a window and a table for four at 8 although there would only be the two of us that night. At the end of dinner, we were asked if we liked the table and wanted the same one or not. We said it would just be the two of us most of the time and they said NO Problem. It was always ready by 7:30 with our bottle of wine on the table. We really liked our waiters and didn't want to leave them. Service was outstanding!!!

Like other Princess perks, I think it depends on the ship.

In 10 cruises, all in a full suite we have never been contacted about preferred dining times and the few times that we have asked we were told it was not available.

It's not a big deal to us; but it has never worked once as stated.

Mike:)

Definitely depends on the ship/who is in charge. We've book full suites several times and even though the list of perks mentions preferred reservations-- they always claimed we couldn't make them/they didn't take reservations at that time/ never heard of it etc. We mentioned we were in a full suite when trying to book and being told we couldn't but it didn't make any difference-- I think one time they gave us our preferred time grudgingly. We have definitely never been contacted by anyone.

Really must depend on the ship.

Like other Princess perks, I think it depends on the ship.

In 10 cruises, all in a full suite we have never been contacted about preferred dining times and the few times that we have asked we were told it was not available.

It's not a big deal to us; but it has never worked once as stated.

Mike:)

Thank heavens. I was beginning to take it "personally" - we've only had full suites for 5 cruises (got a ways to go to catch up to you!) and never had the preferred dining times offered or even acknowledged as a suite perk.

Sailed in a suite on the Ruby recently.

I called the dining reservation line early in the week to make some reservations for anytime dining. I was initially told that I could only make reservations for the same day or the following day (I forget which). When I said I was in a suite and was supposed to get priority she put me on hold briefly and subsequently made reservations for the rest of the week.

We have sailed in suites on numerous Princess ships in the Caribbean and have never been called to offer reservations.

We too were not given preferential treatment while sailing in a full suite.

It's been 3 years, so maybe my memory is a little foggy, but I'm almost

sure we called first thing to get a preferred dining time, only to be told

that that would not be possible.

However, I do recall that there was a card in our room that appeared

on day 3 [of a 10 day cruise] which stated that we now had an assigned

spot in the traditional dining room, even though we were personal choice

diners.

I never followed up on it as we were with a larger group of people and

wished to dine with them, so maybe that's what they considered preferred

reservations?

On the Emerald in October we were called the first day but only on the first day. My husband took the call and said we were already reserved at Sabatini's. He didn't talk to them (and I presume they didn't ask - at least not directly) about future reservations. We ended up eating in the MDR only 3 times on that cruise and never had more than a 2 minute wait for a 2 person table between 7 and 8 pm - and never mentioned that we were in a suite.

Archived