The W hotel for $124.00 ????

brotharon

If you mean the W in Fort Lauderdale that is a great price. You usually can't get in there for less than $250/night. They have a nice restaurant, nightclub, and lobby bar for the evenings. In the daytime if you don't want to go to the beach or pool go to Galleria Mall...it's about 1.5 miles away and you can get there by taxi, private Acura provided by the W, or bus 40. I think the Sun Trolley will also take you there although that route isn't showing on the suntrolley website. You can also take a tour of Bonnet House, about 6 blocks away.

$124 is a GREAT price! I did a Priceline bid for our stay in Ft. Lauderdale in August when rates are typically higher. My winning bid (of course, I didn't know I was bidding on the W just a generic 4 star hotel) was still higher than your $124, so I would hop all over that rate. BTW, the W is a lovely hotel with a great staff. We really enjoyed our stay and would be happy to do so again.

I have a choice between Hyatt peir 66, Hilton Marina, or thw W for all around the same price in Ft Lauderdale. I'm only there for 1 night but we're getting to Ft Lauderdale early in the day and I was wondering which would be the best location for sight seeing.

I have a choice between Hyatt peir 66, Hilton Marina, or thw W for all around the same price in Ft Lauderdale. I'm only there for 1 night but we're getting to Ft Lauderdale early in the day and I was wondering which would be the best location for sight seeing.

May I ask how you got the same price for all 3 properties? The W

is usually much more expensive.

I've stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and the W, the W is thee only way to go you paid a little more than I did but BUT $124 is a great deal. No comparison between the 3, the W is in a class by itself, just stayed there 2 weeks ago and it was AWESOME!!! Hope that helps Todd

It's me Todd from the solo cruiser board!!! Great to see you over here on the Ft. Departure board, Lois I stayed at the W for 3 nites Thanksgiving weekend this place is OFF THE HOOK, I got a great deal on 3 nites via Hotwire($373-$109 a nite+tax) and I had this room on the 21st floor that ROCKED!! As much as I was ready to get on the ship I didnt want to leave this hotel, cant say enough about it, I had never stayed in a 4-star hotel before much less anything like this I did good!!:D The Living Room and Whiskey Blue UNBEELEEVABLE!! I want to live at the W:D Take care Todd

You have gotten a great price given that your stay is over the high season in Florida. Enjoy!

Keith

There is NO high season in the state of FL anymore there hasnt been for quite sometime and in my lifetime there never will be a "high season" ever again. It's GREAT!!!

There is NO high season in the state of FL anymore there hasnt been for quite sometime and in my lifetime there never will be a "high season" ever again. It's GREAT!!!

I do not agree.

There are times of year in Florida where the hotel rates are indeed higher than other times of the year.

Same goes even within the season.

It all comes down to supply and demand.

Keith

I do not agree.

There are times of year in Florida where the hotel rates are indeed higher than other times of the year.

Same goes even within the season.

It all comes down to supply and demand.

Keith

I think that Todd was making a joke :D

Had a fantastic weekend at the W over Thanksgiving. Got really lucky and was upgraded to a corner room overlooking the ocean and the intracoastal. Any room there would be great. There is "W" music playing softly everywhere in the background. Before long you willl get in the groove and be doing the "W walk." This is a very chic and sexy hotel. We want to live there too!!!

It's me Todd from the solo cruiser board!!! Great to see you over here on the Ft. Departure board, Lois I stayed at the W for 3 nites Thanksgiving weekend this place is OFF THE HOOK, I got a great deal on 3 nites via Hotwire($373-$109 a nite+tax) and I had this room on the 21st floor that ROCKED!! As much as I was ready to get on the ship I didnt want to leave this hotel, cant say enough about it, I had never stayed in a 4-star hotel before much less anything like this I did good!!:D The Living Room and Whiskey Blue UNBEELEEVABLE!! I want to live at the W:D Take care Todd

Hi Todd, glad you had a good time:)

Government employee discount. working for uncle sam still have a few perks.

Thanks to all for your advice, I booked the W yesterday. One more question. What's the best way to get to the hotel, cab or shuttle?

Thanks to all for your advice, I booked the W yesterday. One more question. What's the best way to get to the hotel, cab or shuttle?

From the FLL airport there are always cabs right outside of baggage

claim.

It's only about 5 miles or about $20 by cab.

Archived