New Luggage Tags

LordSpain

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but it appears that one can now purchase the new luggage tag holders directly from HAL’s website – providing you have a cruise booked.

After you have completed the Online Check-in forms there is a new link entitled “Purchase Luggage Tag Holders” next to the existing link to print the paper tags. They offer either the Retro Tags (the ones that were mailed out recently to some Mariners) - Set of four for $9.95, or a Frequent Traveler Tag – Set of 2 for $6.95. The latter is a blue vinyl tag with the Holland America Line logo on the reverse.

According to the website both have been designed to easily accommodate the printed luggage tags.

Bruce

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but it appears that one can now purchase the new luggage tag holders directly from HAL’s website – providing you have a cruise booked.

After you have completed the Online Check-in forms there is a new link entitled “Purchase Luggage Tag Holders” next to the existing link to print the paper tags. They offer either the Retro Tags (the ones that were mailed out recently to some Mariners) - Set of four for $9.95, or a Frequent Traveler Tag – Set of 2 for $6.95. The latter is a blue vinyl tag with the Holland America Line logo on the reverse.

According to the website both have been designed to easily accommodate the printed luggage tags.

Bruce

Very smart of HAL to offer the luggage tag holders. You can also buy them a lot cheaper at http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html but they don't have the logo.

A couple of points here. When you call up your reservation, even if you have already completed online checkin, the tag order link is not there. To get to it you actually have to call up the online checkin again, and there is a tag order link at the bottom of the check-in summary; it's easy to miss if you have already completed online checkin.

I disagree with Pam. The price of 6 tags with shipping is 23.40 through HAL and 18.99 from the other site, cheaper but I wouldn't say a lot cheaper. The difference depends on the quantity purchased and I think if you want 2 tags they are cheaper with HAL.

One other thing. I had previously inquired with HAL about buying tags and they said no. I'm a bit surprised they didn't follow up with me after they changed their minds.

Roy

I got my tags last week (see thumbnail). The retro tags are ok (It was nice of HAL to give them to select mariners) but the blue ones are a lot nicer, IMHO well worth the difference in price. The self-print tags don't really "easily" fit inside, but they will go if you fold them REALLY carefully or cut them at the folds. It's a bit of a shame we have to use these because most of the cruise lines have stopped providing tags, but at least HAL gives us this option. I guess my next QM2 crossing I'll be boarding with my self-print tags enclosed in HAL holders.

Roy

P1000022.jpg.cc6c68524d17579928f20a53f1821f54.jpg

Personally we're pretty fond of our Cruise Critic luggage tags. They're extremely tough and they have been the source of a few conversations from agents and other travelers. We've been using them for the better part of seven years and have only lost one due that disappeared during a flight and handling to Vegas a couple of years ago.

I got my tags last week (see thumbnail). The retro tags are ok (It was nice of HAL to give them to select mariners) but the blue ones are a lot nicer, IMHO well worth the difference in price. The self-print tags don't really "easily" fit inside, but they will go if you fold them REALLY carefully or cut them at the folds. It's a bit of a shame we have to use these because most of the cruise lines have stopped providing tags, but at least HAL gives us this option. I guess my next QM2 crossing I'll be boarding with my self-print tags enclosed in HAL holders.

Roy

Leaving Wednesday - need input. The self-print luggage tags w/Zuiderdam, name, and Cabin number - is it okay, appropriate to put this inside the Retro luggage tags I bought from HAL?

We are not using HAL to get us transferred from hotel to ship. We'll be taking a taxi and handing over our luggage when we get out of the taxi. I'm guessing I want these tags on my luggage from start to finish in the hopes that IF the airline misplaced my luggage, they would send it on to the Zuiderdam?

Sorry if this question seems dense - I'm having pre-cruise get it all done anxiety!

Leaving Wednesday - need input. The self-print luggage tags w/Zuiderdam, name, and Cabin number - is it okay, appropriate to put this inside the Retro luggage tags I bought from HAL?

We are not using HAL to get us transferred from hotel to ship. We'll be taking a taxi and handing over our luggage when we get out of the taxi. I'm guessing I want these tags on my luggage from start to finish in the hopes that IF the airline misplaced my luggage, they would send it on to the Zuiderdam?

Sorry if this question seems dense - I'm having pre-cruise get it all done anxiety!

Yes!:) Although personally, I am keeping my (irreplaceable) HAL retro luggage tags at home & (continue) to fold/staple/tape the paper luggage tags, (one to each handle) of my luggage!;) I have NEVER had a concern of my paper luggage tags being torn off during any flights/transfers!:)

My input::) The HAL (paper) tags are nothing but beautiful decorations until your luggage gets to the ship. That's why you don't have to put them on until you give them over to HAL at the HAL transfer, hotel, or pier.

If the airline loses your luggage you will fill out a form telling them where to send it when they find it. Hopefully they'd get it to your hotel (pre-cruise night?) but if not, you would have written your ship as your forwarding address ... along with your home address in case they were REALLY slow in finding it.:eek:

A great idea (from another CC poster) is: Take a digital photo of your luggage with the camera you are carrying along. Then, if it's lost, you can show the airline person exactly what your bag looks like by dialing back to the photo you took.:)

Truly hope none of this happens and you have a fabulous cruise!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!:D

Cheers!

My input::) The HAL (paper) tags are nothing but beautiful decorations until your luggage gets to the ship. That's why you don't have to put them on until you give them over to HAL at the HAL transfer, hotel, or pier.

If the airline loses your luggage you will fill out a form telling them where to send it when they find it. Hopefully they'd get it to your hotel (pre-cruise night?) but if not, you would have written your ship as your forwarding address ... along with your home address in case they were REALLY slow in finding it.:eek:

A great idea (from another CC poster) is: Take a digital photo of your luggage with the camera you are carrying along. Then, if it's lost, you can show the airline person exactly what your bag looks like by dialing back to the photo you took.:)

Truly hope none of this happens and you have a fabulous cruise!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!:D

Cheers!

Thanks AZNative2000 - once again you've been a good resource for me!

Very smart of HAL to offer the luggage tag holders. You can also buy them a lot cheaper at http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html but they don't have the logo.

Well... I would say that $4.41 is quite a price difference for something this inexpensive. Thats about 20% cheaper plus the ones from HAL look like they aren't as good a quality. I haven't seen then in person, but I have the ones from Serendipity and they are quite rugged. I think that most of us are going to order at least 6 of them anyway.

Are they using my name in vain? LOL Now why didn't I think of this!

Quote Krusin..YOU WOULD THINK AFTER SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON A CRUISE THEY WOULD AT LEAST SHOW THEIR APPRECIATION WITH DECENT LUGGAGE TAGS! UnQuote

We received some in the mail & were quite pleased with them..They are sturdy & nice looking..The retro idea is great..Wish someone would post a copy of the other HAL tags that are for sale on the WEB site..Wish there was a way to get into the site before you book a cruise..

cheers....:)Betty

We received some in the mail & were quite pleased with them..They are sturdy & nice looking..The retro idea is great..Wish someone would post a copy of the other HAL tags that are for sale on the WEB site..Wish there was a way to get into the site before you book a cruise..

cheers....:)Betty

See the attached thumbnail in post #6.

Roy

Thanks Roy

The blue ones look pretty good, and I would use those for my checked bags.

The "retro" from the Mariner Society are too nice for the constant abuse that bags get once they vanish from view. I'll be attaching them to my carry-on.

:D :cool:

IMHO the blue tags are even nicer than they look in the picture. My next 2 cruises are on Crystal and I really don't want to go there with HAL tags but those are so nice I may not be able to resist.

Roy

Archived