orange juce

tgjr

We've always had OJ at breakfast...they're in pretty small glasses, but you can have as many as you want. If you eat breakfast in the dining room, it comes in a slightly larger glass, or so it seems!

The stuff from "concentrate" is fine with me...."fresh-squeezed" is only as good as the orange...and most aren't as sweet as the concentrate!

I did hear today that you had to pay for orange juce for breakfast ?????

On my recent Majesty cruise, they still had OJ dispensed from a machine, that I saw filled with a retail sized jug from Tropicana. That was free. My wife said she saw here you get a fresh squeezed glass, squeezed in front of you for a premium. I believe she said that was near the omlette station in the WJ. After running 3 miles on deck, the store bought brand tasted just fine.

We've always had OJ at breakfast...they're in pretty small glasses, but you can have as many as you want....

They are not in small glasses, they are in huge glasses, which IMO leads to a lot of waste. Princess uses tiny glasses and you can always have more (something I wish RCI would do). There are always half and full glasses of juice left on every table at breakfast - one of my biggest pet peeves is waste and this is one area I think Royal should look at. :)

But yes, as stated, the regular OJ is no extra charge.

They are not in small glasses, they are in huge glasses, which IMO leads to a lot of waste. Princess uses tiny glasses and you can always have more (something I wish RCI would do). There are always half and full glasses of juice left on every table at breakfast - one of my biggest pet peeves is waste and this is one area I think Royal should look at. :)

But yes, as stated, the regular OJ is no extra charge.

Just returned from a b2b on the Explorer. Juice in the MDR was always served in small glasses. So there!

Just returned from a b2b on the Explorer. Juice in the MDR was always served in small glasses. So there!

In the MDR the servings are in the smaller glasses. However, you can always request a larger serving.

In the WJ they are in the large plastic glasses.

You must also remember that there is no consistency amongst ships. What you experienced on Navigator, you might not experience on another ship.

They have the machines in the WJ on RCI ships, with a staff member there that will give you your freshly squeezed juice as soon as you give him your SeaPass Card.

And then they will give you a receipt for which you will sign, and then you will pay for it when you settle up your statement

I have to admit, it is these little things that I found irritating on RCL. Little things add up. We nearly gagged on the OJ on RCL (can anyone say TANG). Then, we saw they wanted us to pay for 'real' OJ.....well they got at least one sucker buying the stuff (me). The TANG was undrinkable. So, the following year we try a new line (Princess). We are new to cruising and want to try different lines out. I was all prepared to pay for OJ, and imagine my surprise when the OJ was real and free!

I have to admit, it is these little things that I found irritating on RCL. Little things add up. We nearly gagged on the OJ on RCL (can anyone say TANG). Then, we saw they wanted us to pay for 'real' OJ.....well they got at least one sucker buying the stuff (me). The TANG was undrinkable. So, the following year we try a new line (Princess). We are new to cruising and want to try different lines out. I was all prepared to pay for OJ, and imagine my surprise when the OJ was real and free!

You are definitely not drinking Tang on RCI.:eek: It is frozen concentrate that is mixed each morning. Same as the Apple Juice.

The OJ and apple juice that is free is a "cocktail". It is not 100 % real juice.

I remember when the glasses for OJ in the windjammer were small. Everyone complained about the small size , I believe that is when they went from orange juice concentrate to orange juice cocktail and got bigger glasses.

We're just off the Enchantment and since we hadn't sailed RCI for 4 1/2 years I was surprised to see when you walked in the door someone selling you fresh squeezed orange juice.

They still offered OJ at the serving stations and yes they had small and large glasses available for your use.

Archived