Return Flight From Vancouver

misterchatter

Delta has moved up our return flight from Vancouver on Saturday June 4 from 2:05 to noon. We arrive in port at 7:30. I have looked on Princess website and couldn't find the recommended earliest return flights, I'll keep looking. In the mean time, any thoughts on this return flight time?

Also, if anyone would have a link to this question it would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Delta has moved up our return flight from Vancouver on Saturday June 4 from 2:05 to noon. We arrive in port at 7:30. I have looked on Princess website and couldn't find the recommended earliest return flights, I'll keep looking. In the mean time, any thoughts on this return flight time?

Also, if anyone would have a link to this question it would also be appreciated.

You should be OK. Just arrange to do your own bag drag off the ship.

I have been extensively delayed at Vancouver airport. Last time a few years ago was 2 1/2 hours in lines. I mostly fly Seattle.

Anyway, to hedge your bets, I would do the haul off your own bags, then immediately get in a cab, or walk yourself, to the Airport Sky Train terminal. Don't wait for the cruiseline transfer, UNLESS your have the US Direct option, AND your airline participates.

I have flown out of Vancouver many times.

You just never know what to expect.

The line might be short but the line might be long.

The challenge is the line to get through USA customs.

If this was me I would call Delta back to see if there are any other options in terms of a flight because I think 12:00 Noon has risks and I would not want to spend part of the cruise worrying about it.

Again, this is a very unpredictable airport because of the lines.

Keith

We talked with Princess today and they recommend no flights earlier than 11:00. So , we have decided to stay with our noon departure. We will also be doing EZ Luggage, same as Luggage Express as on Carnival. HOPEFULLY NO PROBLEM! Thanks for all your replies.

We will also be doing EZ Luggage, same as Luggage Express as on Carnival. HOPEFULLY NO PROBLEM! Thanks for all your replies.

Not exactly, this baggage option may also be US Direct?? For use of this, your airline has to be participating. You then bypass the potential lengthy Customs/Immgration line.

We talked with Princess today and they recommend no flights earlier than 11:00. So , we have decided to stay with our noon departure. We will also be doing EZ Luggage, same as Luggage Express as on Carnival. HOPEFULLY NO PROBLEM! Thanks for all your replies.

Given you need to check yourself and your luggage through US Immigration and Customs at YVR (before boarding), it's unlikely EZ Luggage will get you much; also, you'll be waiting for a truck with your luggage on board.

Dragging your own luggage off and taking the subway will be the fastest way to the airport

Given you need to check yourself and your luggage through US Immigration and Customs at YVR (before boarding), it's unlikely EZ Luggage will get you much; also, you'll be waiting for a truck with your luggage on board.

Dragging your own luggage off and taking the subway will be the fastest way to the airport

This is definately the fastest way to the airport. Using Skytrain. http://www.translink.ca/en/Schedules-and-Maps.aspx

If this was me, I would at least check with Delta to know if there are any other options. You might be fine and you might not.

I agree that Skytrain is a good option if you can manage your luggage and if you are coming into the port (there are two piers) which has the Skytrain right there.

However, there is still a risk making the flight but in the end you have to do what you feel comfortable doing.

Keith

-Did you ask Delta if they'd switch your flight to a later time due to the cruise? What is the next flight after yours? When I've had flight times changed, they asked me if I wanted to stick with the new time or move to a later one, without charge.

-If you go with the earlier time based on Princess's recommendation, what happens if you miss that flight? What are the penalties to switch to a later one (assuming there are seats on later flights)? I could be mistaken, but I believe that even though Princess recommends no flight before 11, you are assuming the risk.

I know I'd go with a later flight (why rush after a relaxing cruise?), but others obviously feel going with the early flight "should" be fine (of course, you're the one who would suffer any consequences).

Archived