Video of Jet Blast at Maho Beach - Great experience!

Evilblah

Hey friends, havent posted in a while but decided to get back into the action :p

Just a video i took on my Oasis cruise (eastern Carib.) over the summer.

For those of you who dont know:

Maho Beach is in St. Maarten, about a 20 minute taxi ride from the port, the airport is Princess Juliana International. If you're on any RCL ship that happens to call at St. Maarten, this is a must see. I hope everyone enjoys watching as much as i enjoyed filming!

***Just a warning: some people around me used some PG-13 language once or twice, just in case anyone is sensitive.***

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIBRFXrYNMA*

I love Maho beach. One hasn't lived until ecperiencing being blown off his feet by the jet blast of a 747 revving up its engines for takeoff!:):):)

Odd as it sounds, I'm fully in agreement and consider this on my bucket list. However, the 747 fleet is declining and I hope one of those majestic birds lands over my head when we are there. I believe a few A380s also fly there, but it won't be quite the same as the 747. I hope to take a few videos while we are there next May. Loved the video, I had to watch it on my phone because youtube is blocked at work, I'll look forward to watching it on the big screen tonight.

I'm planning on going there this May. We haven't decided whether we are taking a Bernard tour or going solo. How much was cab fare to Maho Beach?

leave early enough to get back to th ship. There can be Lots of traffic coming in and out of Philipsburg and sometimes only one way. Trust Me !!

leave early enough to get back to th ship. There can be Lots of traffic coming in and out of Philipsburg and sometimes only one way. Trust Me !!

This sound like good advice of the type I will head. I think we have to be on board at 5pm, I don't want to be back any later than 4, what time should we be getting in a cab to get back by 4, I believe we are there on a Thursday.

I agree. We will be stopping here for lunch at Sunset Grill and watch some of the planes. There is a 747 scheduled to land the day we are there.

Do you know the airline and flight number? I assume we will be there the same day of the week.

Maybe it's just me, but being blasted with sand and heavy-duty noise at a beach isn't my idea of a good time!

No, its just us, probably all aviation freaks. I'm more looking forward to the landings than the take offs.

Hey friends, havent posted in a while but decided to get back into the action :p

Just a video i took on my Oasis cruise (eastern Carib.) over the summer.

For those of you who dont know:

Maho Beach is in St. Maarten, about a 20 minute taxi ride from the port, the airport is Princess Juliana International. If you're on any RCL ship that happens to call at St. Maarten, this is a must see. I hope everyone enjoys watching as much as i enjoyed filming!

***Just a warning: some people around me used some PG-13 language once or twice, just in case anyone is sensitive.***

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIBRFXrYNMA*

OH my goodness! We spent a few hours on this beach back in 2008 and my 2 sons haven't stopped talking about it since then! This was one of the coolest things we did/saw on our cruise that year. I say it's one "not to miss"

Good idea to cover your lens with a dust cap or filter though....did you check it to see if it got scratched:confused: We have been there several times...landing and taking off. Fun place especially the bar. Here's a pic of one coming in while we were in the bay on the Lord Sheffield.

15i71b4.jpg

Odd as it sounds, I'm fully in agreement and consider this on my bucket list. However, the 747 fleet is declining and I hope one of those majestic birds lands over my head when we are there. I believe a few A380s also fly there, but it won't be quite the same as the 747. I hope to take a few videos while we are there next May. Loved the video, I had to watch it on my phone because youtube is blocked at work, I'll look forward to watching it on the big screen tonight.

I dont think there are any 380s that fly there. There ARE a340s though.. if we find out that there ARE a380s landing there... i might have to book another vacation ;)

Good idea to cover your lens with a dust cap or filter though....did you check it to see if it got scratched:confused: We have been there several times...landing and taking off. Fun place especially the bar. Here's a pic of one coming in while we were in the bay on the Lord Sheffield.

To tell you the truth I don't know how anyone can even photograph a take off roll. When we were watching the 747 as soon as it made its turn onto the runway the blast and heat was so intense, not to mention the sand pelting us, the last thing I could have done was take a picture. And... I can't wait to do it again!!!!:):):):)

Archived