Princess Las Caletas Excursion question

huskerdan25

For anyone that has gone with Princess to the Mexican Riviera, do you know if we must take the excursion to Las Caletas with Princess or can we book privately with another company? We really want to do this in Puerto Vallarta and as is usually the case, it is less expensive to go through a private company rather than through the cruise line.

I have read on the ports of call forum for Mexican Riviera that some cruise lines have contracts for this tour and you are not allowed to book it except through the cruise line.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Thanks for the quick response. From what I have read, this excursion is worth the cost so I will book using the ship excursion.

Again, thanks!

I did this excursion in May, and it was wonderful! It is worth the extra expense, and the above poster was correct, you have to book it through Princess.

Enjoy!

We've done this excursion twice, and we gave it to our kids who went on their honeymoon on a Mexican Rivera cruise for their honeymoon. This is really a great excursion, and a top notch company (Vallarta Adventures). Be sure to take your camera, the tour of Banderas Bay on the way there is beautiful. The kids loved it too:D.

One big warning from someone who this happened to- The Margaritas are handmade, and taste weak, BUT THEY ARE STRONG!!! When you are are the boat going over there, they will gladly take your nearly empty glass and exchange it with a full one. They are trying to show hospitality, and great service. Make sure you know your limit, set it, and don't deviate. :o

Is the money you save worth the risk you're taking? If something were to happen on a Princess Excursion, they would know and 100% guaranteed you are getting back on the ship one way or another. Book on your own adn you are literally on your own.

We've done the excursion and had a great time so do it through Princess and relax......Enjoy your cruise!

• 7 years later...

I am doing a Mexican Riveria as well on April 20th. I would love to know what is included and what is not. The description on the Princess site is a little vague. Also there are beach resort excursions on Cabo and Mazaltan . Is this the better resort option of the three ports?

We have been there 3 times.  Everything is included: food, drinks, water sports, tiny zoo, hammocks,  and it is PERFECT!  Wonderful activity or just to relax in beautiful nature.  

In February there are many whale sightings on the bay cruise to Las Caletas, including moms teaching whale babies to swim.

On 12/21/2010 at 10:26 AM, huskerdan25 said:

For anyone that has gone with Princess to the Mexican Riviera, do you know if we must take the excursion to Las Caletas with Princess or can we book privately with another company? We really want to do this in Puerto Vallarta and as is usually the case, it is less expensive to go through a private company rather than through the cruise line.

I have read on the ports of call forum for Mexican Riviera that some cruise lines have contracts for this tour and you are not allowed to book it except through the cruise line.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Just did it last week on the Grand.  Well worth the money. We had a good time and would do it again. All the info above is correct.

RB

We did it and enjoyed it greatly. Will likely do it again the next time we port in PV. I wandered up to one of the drink stations and asked if I could get a shot of Cazadores and they said, "Sure" and poured me one so they do have good Tequila there. Everything was great and we did slow down to watch whales (quite close up) on the way back. The only "unusual" thing was on the way back as well. There was a young lady who was (I think) with her parents. She had overindulged and got up on the bow where the crew was performing. We all thought she was going to start trying to lap dance one of the crew (he looked like he was unsure how to handle it) and the people we figured were her parents looked totally mortified. The crew and her parents finally got her to sit down where she belonged. It was "interesting" to say the least.

I definitely recommend this lazy day in PV. My wife had a great time in the water and I (mostly) hung out in a lounger and had some drinks. :classic_biggrin: (I did play in the water some as well...)

We were thinking about booking a cruise in Jan because of whale watching.  Do you know when it is the best time to book a cruise for optimal whale watching in PV? Sounds like February was a awesome time too. My twins would love this!

2 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

We were thinking about booking a cruise in Jan because of whale watching.  Do you know when it is the best time to book a cruise for optimal whale watching in PV? Sounds like February was a awesome time too. My twins would love this!

December through April is whale season.