I will be cruising with a friend who wants to have wind chimes on her balcony. OK?

A Sixth?

She also would burn incense three times a day and fly a pendant only at night (It's 3' x 5' and made of excellent material)

Are there any problems with me telling her that she can't inflict this on her fellow passengers?

:D

I don't know about the wind chimes but know that the incense burning would be a no-no. FYI, Celebrity doesn't allow smoking on their balconies, and would think that incense would be included in that. Also, I sure wouldn't want to be her neighbor with wind chimes making noise all the time. It would certainly take away from the enjoyment of reading or sitting out on my veranda where I like to just listen to the sound of the ship gliding through the surf.

Garry

She also would burn incense three times a day and fly a pendant only at night (It's 3' x 5' and made of excellent material)

Are there any problems with me telling her that she can't inflict this on her fellow passengers?

This is a joke, right???

I have never been on a cruise before, but we are going on our first one in April and will have a Veranda room. I can say that one of my biggest pet peeves is Windchimes and I would definitely call someone and make a complaint if the person near me had windchimes on their Veranda!! Please tell her "NO".

This is great! With my luck, on my next 'X' cruise, I'll get stuck between the flag-on-the-balcony guy and the chimes-incense girl. Then cigarbutt-over-the-side guy will get the balcony above mine and the 80 yr-old nudist will get the balcony below me!

Looks like I'll start getting inside cabins!

By the way, read the thread on taking a US flag on cruise for the balcony to realize this is a tongue-in-cheek thread.

Den

I will be cruising with a friend who wants to have wind chimes on her balcony. OK?

Are there any problems with me telling her that she can't inflict this on her fellow passengers?:D

If she does that, Celebrity requires that she provide regulation quality earplugs, nose clips and air filters to the occupants of all the neighboring cabins within 100 yards and also to those on the decks immediately above and below.

I can't recall exactly where the requirements were stated (probably in one of those obscure sections dealing with the intricacies of maritime law), but you may be able to locate them by using the advanced search feature.

Your concern appears to be unfounded. There should be no problems as long as she is willing to abide by the regulations. :D

Many woman display their pendants only in the evening hours...if, however, she's flying a pennant at night, lets hope it's representing the Celtics:D

This is a joke, right???

:D:D:)

A Sixth, hope to share a beer with you one day.

Funny Guy

This is great! With my luck, on my next 'X' cruise, I'll get stuck between the flag-on-the-balcony guy and the chimes-incense girl. Then cigarbutt-over-the-side guy will get the balcony above mine and the 80 yr-old nudist will get the balcony below me!

Den

Haha, you make cruising sound so joyful :)

Looks like I'll start getting inside cabins!

By the way, read the thread on taking a US flag on cruise for the balcony to realize this is a tongue-in-cheek thread.

Den

And when your in port the couple in the cabin on the ship across from you will be joining the "Balcony Club" while your having breakfast .....

Although the question is a joke, I once did have neighbours who put chimes up on their balcony. After having been kept awake all night by the noise they made, I went to speak to my neighbours the following morning and politely asked them to take the chimes down. They bluntly refused. In the end Guest Relations and the Hotel Director had to get involved. My neighbours argument was that they paid for their balcony and should thus be allowed to do anything they wanted with it. The Hotel Director's final argument was "take it down, or we'll disembark you in the next port". :D

Best Regards,

Floris

I'm in the next cabin! I am taking a portable grill and we could make cheeseburgers and Margaritas while listening to the chimes play Parrot songs.

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I'm bringing the grill

sc_habachi.jpg

To cook our fresh caught balcony fish landed thanks to my:

pocket-fisherman.jpg

Although the question is a joke, I once did have neighbours who put chimes up on their balcony. After having been kept awake all night by the noise they made, I went to speak to my neighbours the following morning and politely asked them to take the chimes down. They bluntly refused. My neighbours argument was that they paid for their balcony and should thus be allowed to do anything they wanted with it. Best Regards,

Floris

Typical 'argument' using the 'I paid for it'. What most people forget is that they only RENT the space for a week, and next week will be more 'renters', and for each of the next 52 weeks more 'renters'. We are only GUESTS, not owners. People should remember that, and being a guest has it's privaledges as well as its responsibilities.

Archived