Buffet or Main Dining Room

Bridge Maven

Do you prefer buffet or main dining room?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer buffet or main dining room?

• I prefer buffet for breakfast and lunch
    • I prefer main dining room for breakfast and lunch
    • I have no preference
    • I prefer buffet for breakfast and main dining room for lunch
    • I prefer main dining room for breakfast and buffet for lunch
    • It depends upon whether I am by myself or with other people
    • Neither - I prefer Aqua Spa
    • Other - explain below

When you aren't in a rush to make a shore excursion do you prefer having breakfast and lunch in the buffet or the main dining room?

I prefer dining room, wife prefers buffet so guess where we eat. Exception was when we had AQ and then we ate in Blu.

Buffet for sure. Great selection (made to order eggs/omeletes, eggs benedict bar and WAFFLES!), and easy to get.

The main dining room is table service but can be very slow as you wait for other to get to the table, order, and like dinner--go through several "courses" which you may not have ordered.

I guess if you have mobility issues then maybe the MDR.

The dining room is SOOOOO much nicer for breakfast. At the buffet, you get your food, and then have to find the condiments...jelly, syrup, butter, etc.....while your food is getting cold! In the dining room, everything you need will be on the table, so you get to fix up your plate and eat! And, no searching for a table! No juggling plates, utensils and cups!

It's ever so much more "civilized" than the buffet!

Just got off the Queen Mary 2 and one of the really, really great things about the MDR on Cunard -- "it's open for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner" every day. At seas days or port days, doesn't matter -- the MDR is open.

The food in the MDR was outstanding, which was great, as the buffet was mediocre at best.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We prefer Blu (Soltice) class. You also did not give a room service option.

You should have done two separate polls, one for breakfast and one for lunch, with simpler options: MDR, Buffet, Room service, Aqu Spa, Mast Grille, BLU (AQU), Michael's Club (Elite)

Generally split between buffet and dining room for breakfast. It sometimes depends on when we get up in the morning. Lately, we've been eating in the dining room more...less hassle with plates and DH's coffee.

Almost never eat lunch in DR...go to one of other venues for something in afternoon.

The dining room is SOOOOO much nicer for breakfast. At the buffet, you get your food, and then have to find the condiments...jelly, syrup, butter, etc.....while your food is getting cold! In the dining room, everything you need will be on the table, so you get to fix up your plate and eat! And, no searching for a table! No juggling plates, utensils and cups!

It's ever so much more "civilized" than the buffet!

So those of us who can find our own table, get what we need, and eat in less than 60-90 minutes are "uncivilized":rolleyes:

The main dining room is table service but can be very slow as you wait for others to get to the table, order, and like dinner--go through several "courses" which you may not have ordered.

I agree! Who has an hour for breakfast? The ship is usually pulling into port so we like to eat quick and get exploring . . . ! :)

Archived