MDR Ordering

parentsof5

you CAN order them whenever you want...

such as if you realize you want another.

but the 'proper procedure' - which isn't really even that... but, order both at the same time if you know you want it. it will save your waiter a second trip to fetch it.

You do realize that in the MDR, one entree is meant for one person. I find them more than adequate. I am not a supporter of ordering more than one dish for dinner, and I find it quite rude, frankly. Just my two cents...

By the way, I'm sure the waiters are pretty unhappy when you order twice, they might not show it, though.

Please order both when you place your original order .. or it will piss off the rest at your table when YOU hold up them from finishing dinner and ordering dessert. The waiters dont really have time to spare to run get just your extra lobster, .. if you even think you want part of the 2nd dinner, order it when you place your order... please and thank you.

Im one who hates when someone holds up dinner by ordering late.

You do realize that in the MDR, one entree is meant for one person. I find them more than adequate. I am not a supporter of ordering more than one dish for dinner, and I find it quite rude, frankly. Just my two cents...

that definitely is YOUR opinion.

anybody is free and welcome to order more than one of anything in the MDR.

if you'd like a shrimp cocktail as your appetizer, would you ideally wish it to be comprised of 4 shrimp? i wouldn't. that's why i order two.

whatever perception you have that it is rude, etc... that's all it is... your opinion. op, and anybody else, is free to order what they wish in the mdr. it will make it easier on the waiter, if such things are ordered at the same point. but that, too, is not a pre-requisite.

By the way, I'm sure the waiters are pretty unhappy when you order twice, they might not show it, though.

WOW.................................................................!

My 17 yo distance runner DS (6'3 and 145 lbs) ordered two entrees every night on our cruise. He did order them at them at the beginning when the orders were taken so as to not lengthen the rest of our group's dinner.

And.....he ordered and ate dessert each night, too! :eek:

Although if the truth be known......anyone can order two entrees and the waiters seem more than happy to accomodate. :)

. Just my two cents....

and here is your change.

too bad if the waiters are unhappy- its their job. maybe they are in the wrong career. I paid for my cruise and like McDonalds I will have it my way--- or is that burger king.

I can tell you that if ordering only one of such stuff was all you were allowed my boys would have starved that first cruise. Babies eat more then what the waiter gave them the first time around.

If you know you want seconds of something or just want to try something you never had before-- order it when the waiter is taking the order. Tell him what you are doing. He will hold one until you are done the first plate.

You must never have had teenage boys - or a 6' 2" husband - LOL:rolleyes: While I am not overly concerned about our son who will be coming, with food available all of the time, from looking at plates of entree's I could see him wanting more. Lobster and shrimp night especially.

People discuss ordering double entree's (and more some times) all of the time on the board, so thought I would ask. I have also read where some waiters would bring a double out without being asked when something was well received.

I have skipped entrees, and order 4 or 5 appetizers .. you can order what ever you want. Two desserts. ice cream and cake, both can be ordered.

If you are still hungry and eat at early dinner, there is still time to go to the buffet too, for a third dessert.

Oh yea ... on lobster night, I skip the appetizer .. because I order two entrees. I LOVE the duck and lobster, so I order duck dinner and lobster dinner.

Wow... ny, you must not have been with the right table-mates... Our servers have always been more than happy to bring us multiple entree's, they even offer to & suggest we try more than one each.

You may have been missing out on the good stuff! On our 2nd cruise the waiters brought my 5 yo DS more & more & more & more shrimp cocktails! It was the funniest thing ever... we didn't even ask, they just saw a 5 yo who loved the first one, so they kept brining him more.

The awesome thing about cruising is that we can each do what we like.

:)

You must never have had teenage boys - or a 6' 2" husband - LOL:rolleyes: While I am not overly concerned about our son who will be coming, with food available all of the time, from looking at plates of entree's I could see him wanting more. Lobster and shrimp night especially.

People discuss ordering double entree's (and more some times) all of the time on the board, so thought I would ask. I have also read where some waiters would bring a double out without being asked when something was well received.

LOL---look at my name---Mom of 4 boys!!! YIKES do I know about teenage boys!:D

Wow, why on earth are people so rude??

To further expound on this. On our cruise our waiters brought us extra stuff even when we didnt ask for it, just so we could try it. Often they would bring us a few different desserts. They often brought my son an entire plate full of cookies and icecream, when all we asked for was 1 cookie. They (at least in my experience) are not even remotely unhappy about bringing you extra food. In fact, when my two year old wanted milk. They brought him an extra glass and held it at the wait station, just in case he wanted seconds.

Settle down next time, and try and enjoy yourself, rather than be so darn snooty.

The meat entrees seem to be larger servings than the fish entrees, which appeared to be portioned around 4 oz. My fiance is 6`4 1/2" and 238lb, needless to say a pretty big eater. On our first evening in the MDR he ordered the Tilapia as his entree. When the waiter put it down in front of him he also placed an entree of Sweet & Sour Shrimp along side. He told us that he predicted it would not be enough and took it upon himself to bring another entree. He actually encourged the ordering of a second dish, this was a nice touch. On the evenings that followed, my BF always ordered the fish of the day along with another entree. He ordered both entrees at the same time and ate every last bite. In addition, he would also order 2 appitizers.

On the other hand, my entrees always seemed to be just enough and in some cases a little too much. It will depend on how big of an eater that you normally are. 4-6oz servings are the norm for some folks and not enough for others.

I think that the waitstaff wants for the passengers to be happy. We very much appreciated the extra work that this may have entailed and took care of our MDR team on the last evening. :)

We've always ordered both entrees at the same time when we wanted multiples. They have yet to blink an eye.

In fact, on our last cruise my husband couldn't decide between two entrees, so, as we usually do, he asked the waiter which was better. He INSISTED that my husband order both, and brought them both. But then he was a big, burly guy that looked like he could put away a few entrees himself, so I don't think carrying all of them was much of a problem.

Same waiter also brought my then-8 year old daughter two shrimp cocktails when he saw how much she loved them.

Another waiter caught me practically licking the creme brulee dish once (I say PRACTICALLY, I wasn't really licking it) and magically produced a second.

The dishes are not that large.

All the waiters I've ever had on cruises were more than happy to accomodate. If we merely toldl them we liked something, they would be offering to bring us more and insisting upon making everything perfect for our meals. My dh and I both ordered 2 lobsters on our last cruise. They were awesome. Loved it. That was the only meal that we ordered 2 entres though. On most nights, an appetizer, entree and dessert is more food than I normally eat. My ds on the other had (6'2" teenager) could eat 3 entrees and still be hungry for 2 desserts. And he isn't chubby or anything. The kid weighs 160 lbs soaking wet. I just think different people have different appetites. lol

Archived