New Levels

mpbmark

Do not worry there would have been another sign showing a checkin area for Suite Guests, .

LOL

No worry's. It was more of a joke. Actually-never had a problem getting on any ship and the priority boarding never came into play!!!;)

For some reason, I'm always amazed how a line can look long but yet they do a real good job moving it very quickly!!

I never felt that way when I was cruising, and I have done different lines so many of the times I am only on my first/second cruise on a line.

There are some nice perks, but some of the best ones you never see (the balcony discount, for example)

I didnt cruise with Royal till 2009, having cruised mostly Carnival, Princess and a couple other lines. Royals balconies always seemed a little higher in price

But know I understand why. That balcony discount is awesome. Personally that is the best perk in the industry. We are only Platinum and only get $100 discount but the D&D+ discount puts the price in line with the other cruise lines. If i had known that five years ago I wouldnt have done Hal a couple times and would be ready to make Diamond

Yep.

And if you have 74+ cruises and aren't in the same household, you each get to order 3. We were awash in it last week.:D

Is there an explanation why, if you have different addresses and are in the same cabin, each person gets the amenity:) but if you are a married couple or have the same address you only get one amenity:(

Mike

I know what the "Official" policy is for D & D+ being first in line for upgrades.

Having said that, we were upgraded to a GS when we were gold.

Yes we were thrilled, and asked "Why Us?"

It was the Concierge who said: "Well, maybe, they feel you are a likely candidate to book a GS in the future"

So, at that particular circumstance, and if the Concierge was correct, it was more of a marketing/sales promotion versus a C&A benefit.

If someone is a D+, and has all those credits with a history of booking a inside, what's the chance they will book a suite in the future?

But if you are a newbie,(Gold) and fit a certain demographic, you may be somebody they may want to target?

By the way, our last 5 cruises have been in a GS.

Like they say, "Once you've tried it, you'll never go back"

But then, that's all supposition IMO.

Hmmm, that could very well make sense. We pretty much only booked inside and ocean view cabins, the ocean view balconies don't really do much for me. However after the Allure upgrade with the central park balcony, now we LOVE the inward facing balconies.

I know I know, most people hate those and want ocean balconies...but I'm not a fan. That said, we were looking at prices and with our new balcony discount, a balcony isn't that much more than an inside cabin. Even though I'm not crazy about the ocean view balconies (for ships without inward facing balconies), if it's only $50-100 more than an inside cabin...then of course I'll book the balcony.

Well played Royal Caribbean, well played...

Also, back to the discussion about cruising just for credits. Once we book our Oasis balcony, the discount and OBC will almost make up for the money we spent on the two majesty cruises we fit in at the end of the year to get to Diamond. ;) :)

Yep.

And if you have 74+ cruises and aren't in the same household, you each get to order 3. We were awash in it last week.:D

I wish that I could have been on last week's cruise with you - it would have been a fitting "twin" to being on Monarch's last LA sailings.

Ok, so after all of the rumors and speculation, I am probably just paranoid. I just returned from a cruise last week and my cruise history reflects this cruise but my cruise credits do not. I have never really paid attention in the past to how long this normally takes. Does anyone know? I would assume that the cruise history and cruise credits would be updated at the same time but maybe not. The updating of the cruise history just happened today. This cruise would have made me diamond, so, for obvious reasons I would like my credits to reflect this, just in case there is a chance of being grandfathered in when they make the changes.

You are the second person who has reported this on CC. (that I have read)

I am now sort of thinking that it is deliberate.........because in a matter of days, cruise credits will all be converted to days.......

JMO, as usual.

Interesting, I didn't notice that. Mine did the same thing, my history updated today but my cruise credits did not. (I'm in the same boat as you, this past cruise made me diamond)

I'm guessing it will update overnight at some point.

Ok, 3rd. :D

That would be very nice but unfortunately, revenue doesn't care, or maybe doesn't even know what C&A level people are. All they see is the booking. It would be great if revenue and C&A could combine.

They at least know when they are informed............as in when people (for example, ME) call. They still don't care.

Although this goes both ways. Yes, some suite perks are 'in your face' as they say but many D and D+ cruisers have roped off area's just for them. The D breaksfast in the MDR. Due to the anmount of D cruisers, public lounges are closed to the GP and opened for D and D+ only when overflow space is needed.

And, did anybody notice the infamous 'sign' with the new levels? Did not say priority boarding for suite guests. Just Pl on up!!:p

There is a separate line that has its own sign for Suite Guests. :rolleyes:

I'm in the exact same situation, so I called C&A. Normally I wouldn't care, but I do care with the changes in process. The very nice person I spoke with said that it would probably take a few more days for the new D status to show as the databases aren't automatically linked, even though the 1/7 Majesty cruise had already posted as the 10th credit.

Les

Ok, 4th. :D

yes. I'm not even concerned about it. I just want to see the words "Diamond" next to my status *sly grin* (Ok, and maybe start scouting out cruises that I may do a balcony on now)

Oh! I just rechecked it, and it's updated!! Yeah for Diamond!

I will be completing the RCI cruise which is only 5 days. The other is Celebrity. Do they get combined?

No, the credits are not combined.

They will recognize your "Level" from one line to the other (after Platinum or Select).

It would choke both programs to combine them, but selfishly, I wish they would. We might have a chance (very slim) to earn Pinnacle status. Although, I suspect our cruising plans would not change either way. We'll cruise as much as we can with or without any extra "status".

There is a separate line that has its own sign for Suite Guests. :rolleyes:

I guess you missed my post-;)

LOL

No worry's. It was more of a joke. Actually-never had a problem getting on any ship and the priority boarding never came into play!!!;)

For some reason, I'm always amazed how a line can look long but yet they do a real good job moving it very quickly!!

I will be completing the RCI cruise which is only 5 days. The other is Celebrity. Do they get combined?

No, they do not. RCCL and Celebrity keep their credits seperate. I meant in response to your line "While I might not be able to afford enough cruises to become a platinum member or higher", which seemed to infer it would be hard for you to make platinum.

You already have 3 cruises done and one more booked, so you will be there before you know it if you keep cruising. Even D over time is obtainable (Took me 9 years). D+ is a whole other animal until retirement way down the line even for me.

There is much to enjoy in cruising though, in reality the perks, while nice, are just a small part of the cruise experience.

Archived