Do you see many people drunk onboard?

From the pages of "What the Hell was I thinking"?

I was positive I stayed in control until the next afternoon when I checked my Seapass Account. Seems I sprung for over $250.00 in drinks!!! Guess I made a lot of friends that night!

Why have I never seen a Toga night....but more importantly-----why was I not there when you were buying???? :D

I try to make it a point to be drunk five of the seven nights...

...I don't think I bother anyone though.

But seriously, at home, you go out to dinner with friends, maybe go someplace afterwards (house, bar, wherever) and you have your designated drivers and people going to work the next day, and yada, yada, yada....

No worries on the cruise, just drink and be merry

I woke up and looked in the mirror and my face was covered with a brown' date=' pasty-looking stuff. I was mortified. You can imagine what humiliating thoughts were going through my head. I was relieved to find out that, apparently, when my wife had finally gotten me into the bed, I had fallen asleep with my face on the chocolates on the pillow, which had melted during the night.[/quote']

I have a friend who did that once, except the chocolate had apparently fallen off the pillow and melted a little ways farther down the bed! Yeah, THERE... Watching him try to explain that brown stain on the sheet to the cabin stewardess was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. :D

I have to say on our last cruise with tipped the bartenders extra - We would show up around 10 and stay until they closed - always knew what we drank and always had a full drink - best darn bartenders I ever had. But back to the question - saw alot - I always see double when I have had to much to drink - bar bill for DH and I was always over $500:D

I woke up and looked in the mirror and my face was covered with a brown' date=' pasty-looking stuff. I was mortified. You can imagine what humiliating thoughts were going through my head. I was relieved to find out that, apparently, when my wife had finally gotten me into the bed, I had fallen asleep with my face on the chocolates on the pillow, which had melted during the night.

[/quote']

Oh, yes. I remember the melted chocolates from our Navigator 2004 cruise. I really wish everyone else would forget it though.

One evening we were heading back to our cabin and this very intoxicated man was weaving, first to the left and then to the right. When we tried to pass him he seem to pick that time to weave towards the side we would try to pass him on. Finally he bumped into the wall, as we were finally getting around him, he said: "These damn big waves, ya can't even walk like a normal person" Of course the sea was quite calm. ;)

I think plenty of people are drunk onboard, but you wouldn't necessarily know it unless you spoke to them. When you walk by their table in the dining room or you see them sitting there in their chair by the pool, you don't necessarily know if they're a bit loud because they're drunk or because that's just their way. My mom is one of the loudest people I know (maybe that's why I'm the opposite), but she's that way all the time -- not just when she has her one glass of wine.

I think you do see more drunks on the shorter cruises. Those cruises are cheaper, and, well, you know where I'm going with that line of reasoning.

Mrs. Pete, funny you should say that...I am usually a quiet more reserved person and much too serious for my own good. But anytime we would plan a Christmas Party or family gathering etc. and all the guests were arriving I was in my glory! I was happy to be around all these people and would transform into this happy, joking, laughing, yes maybe a little loud person. Well my children would always ask me if I were drunk!??? And I had not even had a drink (yet)! I think most of us today are under so much stress and have a lot of anxiety (including preparing for the cruise!) that by the time we get on board, we let our hair down a bit (or a lot) and release. Our family, by nature, is loud. My DH family being Italian and big, again, loud! Is there a noise ordinance on board?:confused: :) Looking forward to this cruise! Enjoy!

One time on a Carnival cruise, there were lots of 21-22 year olds and boy were they drunk! (College graduation cruise) Running thru the halls at 2AM, yelling etc. and Carnival put them off the ship the next day in Dominica. At that time Dominica was a place almost no one heard of. I think that was the reason the ships started having people under 25 needed an adult (older) with them, although I don't know if the same rule apply today. When they were put off, the whole ship was yelling and clapping!

Katie

My friends and I celebrated a birthday on a weekend cruise. We got the Royal Family Suite which has a "living room" area that was more than adequate for the 4 of us. We brought our own big bottle of Belvedere on with us. We made these really great, really big Cosmos when we got back on board in Ensenada. When we got up from our comfy couch to change for dinner, we all were commenting to each other about how rough the seas were. We were having a little difficulty standing up. It was only then that we realized we were still docked in port! Oh well, you only live once. :o

You know I posted a few days ago that we haven't seen that many really blasted except on Costa. I think I remember Costa cause I remember us. I went with a girlfriend several years ago. Flying out of the DC area we had a couple of Bloody Mary's on the plane. We got to the port in FLL about noon and decided rather than fight crowds we would go to the bar next door and have a couple more. I think we had maybe, 3. Then we walked onto the ship, found our cabin and headed for the deck. All those nice young men handing out drinks, who could refuse a couple? Of couse before dinner we wanted to celebrate so had something in our room and then it was time for dinner. I can not eat dinner without my wine, Jan didn't want to just watch me drink so she joined in. The ship had a beautiful bar that needed exploring after dinner. Finally we managed to crawl into our beds sometime before midnight. The next day I counted; 14-16 drinks that day per person. I rationalized this by figuring we were up about 18 hours so that is less than one an hour. It was the last time I tried that. NMnita red

..as the late great college Dean Wormer said (the actor just died recently)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son!"

Ok, I've confessed my worst "drunk and stupid" story, now here is one that

is really not funny, but proves that immature people and alcohol and cheap

cruises do not always mix well.

My wife (at the time) and I were enjoying a little private time after enjoying

a day on Catalina Island, back in our cabin on CCL's Holiday. We heard this female screaming, and an obviously drunk male barking orders. Open the door

to see this young drunk attempting to drag his girlfriend down the hall, as

she was trying to escape. I asked what the problem is, when the jerk told me to mind my own business. Here I'm thinking "great,I'm about to kick someone's

a** OR get MY a** kicked on a cruise ship"..One possibility especially did not

sound appealing, but I could not let this abuse continue.

Fortunately, ANOTHER male passenger (bigger than both of us) opened the door to see what the fuss was. Seeing he was now outnumbered, he left the girl and fled away. We immediatly called security.

I will give CCL credit. We found out that the "gentleman" was taken into custody..yes they have a jail..and was kicked out in Ensenada. The gal

finished the cruise and hopefully never saw that moron again.

Mitch

Our motto is...we work hard and we play hard!!

I like the 5 out of 7 rule...but usually I calm down about 1/2 way thru when I get a peek at our bill! Then I know whether I've been having a good time or not!!

Deb

I agree with you for the most part.....but I stick to the 7 out of 7 rule. :D When we were on the Jewel last month we were able to check our sea pass balance on the tv whenever we wanted. That cut down on the shock factor.

Actually, it usually begins on the flight down, and the pre-cruise night stay.

I see you are from Flint....I grew up in Davison. Lived in Flint after high school for a few years near Kearsley High.

..we really HAVE to party on a cruiseship together sometime!!!

I have relatives in the Detroit area..(my Aunt lives in Northville..does that sound right?? She used to live in Novi)

I also have some friends I met on a cruise. Two retired cops, live way out in

a northern suburb somewhere.

Mitch

OK!!! Here's our next cruise..

"The Michigan Connection 7/7 Cruise" (Perhaps we could change it to the 9/9 Cruise).

Anyone from Mich or having any connection what so ever with Mich and you have to sign a contract that you will attempt to stay drunk for 7 out of 7 days!! (or 9 out of 9 with pre & post).

I wonder if I would remember ANYTHING after the first 2 days!!! :D :D

Deb

PS....But I get to wear #14 Jersey!!!!

..we really HAVE to party on a cruiseship together sometime!!!

I have relatives in the Detroit area..(my Aunt lives in Northville..does that sound right?? She used to live in Novi)

I also have some friends I met on a cruise. Two retired cops, live way out in

a northern suburb somewhere.

Mitch

Mitch, Northville is right by us.......As a matter of fact, we are right on the Novi/Northville border.

We have a cruise booked for November.......we did the same one in February without the kids, and are bringing them with us in November. 8 nights........so does that make it the 10/10 plan?? I hope my liver can take it.......

OK!!! Here's our next cruise..

"The Michigan Connection 7/7 Cruise" (Perhaps we could change it to the 9/9 Cruise).

Anyone from Mich or having any connection what so ever with Mich and you have to sign a contract that you will attempt to stay drunk for 7 out of 7 days!! (or 9 out of 9 with pre & post).

I wonder if I would remember ANYTHING after the first 2 days!!! :D :D

Deb

PS....But I get to wear #14 Jersey!!!!

Where is this cruise going? I don't think I could get away with a third in one year.......Actually I could probably get away with it if we didn't have those 3 page bar bills.........that has to pay for another cruise, or pretty darn close! It is funny---you wear a Wings t-shirt or hat and people come up to you and tell you they are from Michigan.....or used to live in Michigan.......unfortunately I think hockey will no longer be how we knew it.

My rule of thumb is if the bar bill wont fit under the door on the last day then I've had a good time. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05

Zuiderdam 4/23/05

RCI - 2 times - Monarch and Song of America

Princess - 3 times

QE2 - 1 time

Royal Majesty - 1 time

Carnival - 1 time

Archived